Scirocco group test in may evo

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Scirocco group test in may evo

Post by Deacon »

There is a group test with a 2.0 scirocco, equivalent tt and the top spec peugeot rcz in the may issue of evo.

Roc wins!

Thought it was interesting that the same engine in the tt has 1extra bhp, 51lb ft torque extra and 18g km less emissions.

They also performance checked each car and put them round the bedford autodrome.

Roc did 0-60 in 6.1 compared to tt in 6.3 and rcz in 7.3. 1/4 mile was 14.8 for the roc, 14.9 for the tt and 15.5 for the rcz.

Roc was also quickest on lap of bedford autodrome with a 1m 30.4 against 1m 30.9 for the rcz and 1m 32 for the tt. They said none were exactly trackday specials but they'd take the roc over the others.

Deacon
playing in my '86
kane1210
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Rising Blue
Bi-Xenons
19" lugano's alloys
RNS510
Bluetooth Phone Prep
Voice control

Re: Scirocco group test in may evo

Post by kane1210 »

Nice win for the roc
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Sweet :)

The test: http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/downloa ... 0f6444bb19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Open with winzip or winrar.

Cheers!
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Deacon wrote:Thought it was interesting that the same engine in the tt has 1extra bhp, 51lb ft torque extra and 18g km less emissions.
It's not the same engine at all. I've owned both. The TFSI is an older design and has many different characteristics from the 2.0 TSI.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Evil Derboy wrote:
Deacon wrote:Thought it was interesting that the same engine in the tt has 1extra bhp, 51lb ft torque extra and 18g km less emissions.
It's not the same engine at all. I've owned both. The TFSI is an older design and has many different characteristics from the 2.0 TSI.
:rolleyes:

Errr I think you'll find the current Mk2 (8J) TT (MY10 onwards) uses the EA888 2.0 Turbo engine (same as Rocco) albeit with different map to release inherent torque with that engine from the factory. The older engine you refer to (EA113) never came in 210ps spec btw.

Audi don't want to confuse their owners with TSI designation so kept on using TFSI badging.

And finally, we like to keep things accurate on Scirocco Central. We leave the misinformed stuff for other forums On the 'Net'. :yes:
popjunkie
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, sunroof, RNS-510, shiny interlagos.

Post by popjunkie »

Has anyone actually tested the 0-60 time in their 2.0 GT and gotten anywhere close to 6.1 seconds before?
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

popjunkie wrote:Has anyone actually tested the 0-60 time in their 2.0 GT and gotten anywhere close to 6.1 seconds before?
Wigit has done a PB of 5.5secs I believe but then his car is not exactly stock anymore lol
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Chungster wrote:
Evil Derboy wrote:
:rolleyes:

Errr I think you'll find the current Mk2 (8J) TT (MY10 onwards) uses the EA888 2.0 Turbo engine (same as Rocco) albeit with different map to release inherent torque with that engine from the factory. The older engine you refer to (EA113) never came in 210ps spec btw.

Audi don't want to confuse their owners with TSI designation so kept on using TFSI badging.

And finally, we like to keep things accurate on Scirocco Central. We leave the misinformed stuff for other forums On the 'Net'. :yes:
Fair enough. Didn't realise they'd changed it. Nice veiled insult by the way. Very good. :rolleyes2:
Actus Reus
In: Candy White

Post by Actus Reus »

Re: the 0-60 time, it's nigh on impossible to time anywhere but on a strip as most people don't have the right gear. That said my Boxster S put out 296hp and was quoted at 5.5ish to 60 and the 'Roc only feels very slightly slower (mine being a DSG). Whether mine is unusually 'fit' I don't know, but it's not been chipped and only has 3000 miles on it. Past 60 though the Boxster would absolutely slay the 'Roc. (0-100 11.5).
ChrisCSL
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, RNS 510, ipod, bluetooth, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, panoramic roof, 19" Talledaga's

Post by ChrisCSL »

What about Evo's comments on the Scirocco's looks and that "white doesn't do it any favours"
Actus Reus

Post by Actus Reus »

Yeah, I was perplexed by that - I don't think it's as derivative as they say, nor do I think that white hurts it - in fact I chose white myself (for the reason that I rather like it in white!). But that's personal taste - I don't really care what they think of the looks. It's quicker, handles better and more practical than both the other cars and cheaper and therefore a winner. I do agree that the interior is bland, especially next to the Audi, but I'll live with that...
ChrisCSL
Options: Black Vienna Leather, RNS 510, ipod, bluetooth, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, panoramic roof, 19" Talledaga's

Post by ChrisCSL »

Personal taste is right.

I've had many, many black cars in the past. I've also gone white for a change (as one was available). Being an R mine looks extra sharp in white with all the black detailing (wing mirrors, grill, tinted glass etc) especially with the pano roof. I'm not that fussed about a TT. For me I need the back seats and a usable boot too which ruled the TTS or TTRS out anyway.
Actus Reus

Post by Actus Reus »

Precisely - I needed a more practical car after my Boxster, and wanted to save some money hence R's were out (annoyingly things have changed and I could have one now, but too late to change as I'd lose a packet) - the 'Roc isn't a dedicated sports car, but it's a good drive, it looks good and can do practical stuff pretty well. As an all-round ownership proposition there are only a few cars on the market to match it - maybe a 3-series coupe perhaps? TT isn't nearly as practical if you ever take passengers and the RCZ...well...it's a Peugeot...
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

Actus Reus wrote: the RCZ...well...it's a Peugeot...
:hyper:
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Hang on, May Evo? Surely not on sale yet?
Actus Reus

Post by Actus Reus »

April's would be more accurate... (which is, indeed, what it is)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Ah - thanks buddy, I know some of these mags are sometimes a month or so ahead!