What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by jammyd »

gibbsy... its here with a load of others...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-12606610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can you tell which one it is though?

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
yaroc
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, DAB ,Mats

Post by yaroc »

Gibbsy, I ordered mine from the same dealer as you on 28th Dec, might be on the same boat if/when we get it, been told the same as you, end of May
Albacore
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
Options: None

Post by Albacore »

Ordered my Roc in late November and have been given my build week as 21 - 25 March, this was after being told late January or early Feb as the estimated delivery time. I have had the same response as many here have had when phoning Volkswagen UK or do they just accept that most of the UK cars head for China. Any ideas when I can expect my motor! Reading the info on the net most take 4 weeks after the build is this correct?
panhandle
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

Albacore wrote:Any ideas when I can expect my motor! Reading the info on the net most take 4 weeks after the build is this correct?
I was a build week 6 (w.c 7th Feb) and my car arrived at the dealers 28th Feb - I have delayed collection until today/tomorrow so its an 11 plate, but I make that 2-3 weeks after build date to driving.

Good luck.
Fragz
In: Viper Green
Options: Parking Sensors, DAB radio, Xenons.. Big cheesy grin whilst driving...

Post by Fragz »

Hello everyone..
I want to pick your brains .. again.
So, the Great news is that I have a build week 10 confirmed for my Viper Green 170PS diesel DSG.. Cant wait. So, now Im keen to try and work out when it will get to the Uk. My dealer is promising a late March delivery which seems about right to me..
I would like to be able to track the background info such as when it leaves the plant, the ship its on, when it hits the UK etc etc..
So if anyone has any info on how I might find this out then please do let me know

very excited,.. cant wait

Thanks
Fragz
PS. As VW totally messed up the order (don't forget the order was placed in October!!) they have given us a loan car for 9 weeks.. So I'm driving round in a Golf Plump.. Sorry, Gold Plus.. Then again, its a free car!!
Currently: "Vyvyan" the Viper Green Scirocco 170PS DSG... For Sale..Golf Gti 2007 3dr Candy White DSG, Sat Nav, Winterpack, Xenons....
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Fragz wrote:I would like to be able to track the background info such as when it leaves the plant, the ship its on, when it hits the UK etc etc..
So if anyone has any info on how I might find this out then please do let me know
great news you have now got a build week :yes:

you need to be following this topic for shipping info.

S
pickle1488
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Viper Green
Options: bi-xeon lights, electric mirrors,
18" wheels, tinted windows,
luxury Mats, multifunction steering wheel,
Dynaudio, rear parking sensors,
Fog lights, badge deletion.

Build week 6

Post by pickle1488 »

Dealer emailed before saying my roc has arrived today!!
Best news I've had this year just got to go sign the forms to transfere my private plate and I should be able to pick her up in a week. Might get a few sneaky pictures when I go on Friday
spud279
In: Candy White
Options: Sun roof, folding door mirrors, leather, heated seats, dab radio

Post by spud279 »

spud279 wrote:I ordered mine on the 14th sept 2010, was told it would be about 12 weeks and would have it just before christmas. I got told that if it did get delayed then i would be offered a hire car from jan 4th until my car arrived. The dates came and went and I then had an e mail saying the hire car was withdrawn as I would have my car soon. Now im being told im still awaiting a build week. Ive been onto customer services and they are just as bad as their dealers, you get different lies each time you call. Ive been told hire cars are at dealers discretion, then today I wastold there is no such scheme. I asked her to confirm the dates on the system and she said VW uk had my order on the 14th of Sept, but the factory did not accept it until 22nd feb 2011 and now I have an unscheduled build week at the end of may. She says this could change and take longer or could be ready earlier. if this is how VW treat their customers, I will never go there again. Im going to cancel and order something else. no car is worth this much hastle.

This is the reply I have had from my contact, its a bit long, but pleased they are taking the time to try to help and reply.

I have read your email through thoroughly and shall do my best to answer the questions that you raise.

I thought that it might help to give you a quick summary of the events that we have seen:

- In August / September 2010 VW introduced a range of attractive offers on VW Scirocco / VW Passat CC / VW Touareg. These were coupled with attractive rates through VW Finance and we were told by dealers that the vehicles would be available for delivery in approximately October, depending on when the order was placed.

- As we approached October, the estimated delivery dates from VW were still not being confirmed – and the information from VW (the manufacture) was becoming sketchy at best – with the dealers struggling to obtain firm information.

- In October it became apparent that VW were not able to even confirm the expected “Build” dates for a large number of vehicles… and that some lead times were now stretching into late 2010 / early 2011.

- At around this time VW announced, via their dealers, that they would be providing customers with a free loan vehicle 14 / 16 weeks (depending on the vehicle model) after the vehicle order was placed with the factory by the dealer.

- Our dealer provided us with a list of vehicles affected – along with the date when each customer would be eligible for a free loan vehicle. We emailed this information to our customers at this time (as you know)… and everything seemed to be going OK.

- As customers started to become eligible for loan vehicles in November, we provided the information requested by VW and a number of customers were provided with a loan vehicle. At this point, the process appeared to be running smoothly.

- In December, VW announced that rather than providing loan vehicles 14 / 16 weeks after the order was placed with the factory by the dealer… the loan vehicles were only available 14 / 16 weeks after the factory “confirmed the order” (which they only do when a build date is known). This meant that a number of people, like you, were suddenly not eligible for a loan vehicle when they had previously told they would be.

- VW tried to tell people that contacted them that this had been the policy from the start… and that nothing had changed. They suggested that dealers (and people like us) had been misinforming customers. However, we had people who would not be eligible under the “new” rules, but despite this they were driving around in a free loan car that had been provided by VW in the previous days / weeks.

- In December, we were still of the view that the loan scheme was still in place for all customers… but that, in some cases, the dates of eligibility had moved. At this stage, we had a number of customers, with confirmed build dates, who were expecting loan vehicles to arrive in early January. They had provided the required information, as requested by VW, and this had been passed to VW.

- In early January, we suddenly found ourselves in a situation where these vehicles were not arriving on the day requested… although no information could be obtained from VW as to why these vehicles had not arrived. At this point, we had a number of customers who were without a vehicle at all – having returned their previous vehicle in anticipation of the loan car arriving on the particular day.

- We began to hear rumours that VW were scrapping the loan vehicle scheme completely… although even the dealers were not able to find out one way or the other… and all VW could say was, “A bulletin will be issued later this week”.

- After a number of days VW finally conceded that the loan scheme was not running any longer… an no further loan vehicles were to be provided. This also applied to the people who had been literally sat at home waiting for the loan vehicle to arrive. So, it wasn’t just a case of ‘future’ loan vehicle requests not being processed… it also applied to the ‘late’ loan vehicles (despite the problems that this caused a number of people).

- In the subsequent days, VW suggested to dealers that they could provide loan cars to customers on a ‘discretionary basis’. However, in practice, what they were suggesting was that individual dealerships buy (from VW) and register a number of vehicles and for these to then be given to customers. With some dealers having up to 100 or more affected customers, they simply did not have the available credit or finances to buy 100+ vehicles from VW, and let customers use these for free. In addition, the margin on these ‘promoted’ deals for the dealers was very small and to find themselves this situation, where the only solution from VW was for the dealer to provide a free car, would have had severe financial implications on a number of dealers.

- Therefore, at this point in time, we are now effectively “back at the start”, where VW are not able to provide firm information on when vehicles will be provided… and no loan vehicles are available from VW.

My view of the situation is that someone within VW began the loan scheme without all of the necessary sign-offs etc. Then, in December, VW began to back-track on what had been initially offered… only for the scheme to be pulled completely when the people higher up in VW decided that they shouldn’t have offered so many free loan cars in the first place.

However, rather than be honest about what had happened, VW instead seemed to decide that it was better to try and blame dealers etc for misinforming customers – which I do not believe was the case at all.

The messages coming from VW and their customer care department have been confused and often contradictory, leading to even more confusion and resentment from customers like you.

As is often the case, there has been all sorts of speculation as to why these vehicles are being delayed in this way. We have heard it suggested that VW are building vehicles for China, rather than Europe, as they can sell them for higher amounts of money over there. I am not sure if this is the case, however.

We have also heard, as you indicated in your email, that these vehicles have been delayed due to the fact that they are less profitable to VW as a lease deal than they would be as a regular retail sale.

It is true that these manufacturer supported deals can offer a lower margin… but, at the same time, these offers were put in place by VW themselves and have continued to run beyond the date after which the problems started to manifest themselves. So, that would suggest that either the deals are not viewed any differently by VW… or they just don’t care (which, unfortunately, has to be considered as an option).

My personal opinion is that VW created such demand with these offers that, coupled with increased demand throughout Europe (including the UK), they found that their factories (which had been running at reduced capacity during the recession) were not able to cope.

None of this, however, excuses the lack of information and confused (and evasive) approach adopted by VW.

I can promise you that both we and our dealership contacts have been doing everything that we can to try and get solutions for customers in your position. The problem that we are facing is that VW have effectively “retreated into their bunker” and are not appearing to accept the situation is what it is. They seem to be humouring customers that call to complain… without actually doing anything to address the situation.

You seem to have experienced this first hand in your dealings with VW “customer care”… and I completely agree that having to wait 8-10 months for a car is unacceptable (unless you are told that this would be the case from the start). I find it hard to work out how a lead time of 8-10 weeks can become 8-10 months… without there being some clear reasons for this being the case.

I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to get information and vehicles through. Although, I do have to be honest and say that short of storming the VW Head Office in Germany and taking the VW board hostage, it seems that our efforts have very little effect.

I shall speak to K**** so that he is aware of our communications and so that he is able to keep his eye out for possible alternative vehicles (on the off chance that a cancelled order becomes available at any time – as I am sure there will have been people cancelling their orders, due to these delays).

I shall also make sure that our contacts at the dealership are aware of our discussions and your feelings on the matter. I am sorry that M****** didn’t get back to you. I suspect that he has been inundated by people with similar concerns and simply does not know what to do. Our main contact at the dealership, ******** does keep us updated with developments – although much of what she has to tell us is either ‘not good news’ or ‘nothing to tell’… due to VW’s stance on all of this.

I am very sorry that I am not able to produce a magical solution to your problems… as this situation adversely affects our business too. But, we shall keep doing everything we can, and hope that VW are doing the same at their end (even if they are not telling anyone about it).
spud279
Options: Sun roof, folding door mirrors, leather, heated seats, dab radio

Post by spud279 »

also been sent these trade bodys to complain to and I am going to contact the media and see if they can investigate.

The two trade bodies that may or may not be of any use to you are:
BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association)
River Lodge
Badminton Court, Amersham
Bucks HP7 0DD
Website: http://www.bvrla.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By telephone: 01494 434747
By facsimile: 01494 434499
By email: info@bvrla.co.uk
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited (SMMT)
Forbes House, Halkin Street, London SW1X 7DS United Kingdom

Website: http://www.smmt.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7235 7000
Consumer Advice Line: +44 (0) 800 692 0825
Fax: +44 (0)20 7235 7112
mortc002
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

Yeah its a real shame that you have been treated like this. My loan car is from Europcar. Ring the head office and ask to speka to the VW desk (If they are oncfused say that your dealer have asked you to call to arrange a hire car as delivery is late). They will probs need a commision number so if you dont have one then sorry I cant help further.
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

jammyd wrote:gibbsy... its here with a load of others...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-12606610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can you tell which one it is though?
She's on the case. Want's to go to Tenby in a Rocco.

Poohbear
Options: Parking sensors
Multifunction wheel
Love my scirocco

Post by Poohbear »

Ordered early November 2010, delivered a week ago.
Fantastic car, the great fun to be in and a fantastic looking car, 160 engine is great too.
I've heard from the dealer and the lease people that there are delays on orders but if you are prepared to wait it's such a nice feeling having a scirocco on the driveway and on the road.
sicourt
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Leather (Truffle), Dynaudio, DAB, rear parking sensors, electric folding mirrors, multifunction steering wheel, Bluetooth phone prep, 18" Interlagos alloys, Tinted rear glass, F/R mats.

Post by sicourt »

Ordered 19th December and have just heard that I have a build week of 12 - so if all goes to plan, it looks like it will be a total 16 week wait. I think I must have been lucky with my dealer, who were up-front with their allocation situation (they had one,) have kept me updated, responded quickly to my questions and it looks (so far) to have correctly estimated the lead time.........

For those of you that have been waiting longer than me and still haven't got a build date, I feel for you guys - I was in the same situation with my last car! I have been hanging around this forum for a couple of months now and from what I read, most delays seem to be caused by either:

1) You (or your lease company) have ordered from a dealer without any allocation for month(s) and they didn't admit to it - (there should be a 'name and shame' section on this site for these con-merchants!)
2) You have chosen an engine / spec / option that VW have 'shortages' of, which over the last couple of years has been everything from diesel engines, DSG boxes, panoramic roofs .......just pot luck it seems.

Best of luck to all people waiting! :yes:
mortc002

Post by mortc002 »

sicourt wrote:Ordered 19th December and have just heard that I have a build week of 12 - so if all goes to plan, it looks like it will be a total 16 week wait. I think I must have been lucky with my dealer, who were up-front with their allocation situation (they had one,) have kept me updated, responded quickly to my questions and it looks (so far) to have correctly estimated the lead time.........

For those of you that have been waiting longer than me and still haven't got a build date, I feel for you guys - I was in the same situation with my last car! I have been hanging around this forum for a couple of months now and from what I read, most delays seem to be caused by either:

1) You (or your lease company) have ordered from a dealer without any allocation for month(s) and they didn't admit to it - (there should be a 'name and shame' section on this site for these con-merchants!)
2) You have chosen an engine / spec / option that VW have 'shortages' of, which over the last couple of years has been everything from diesel engines, DSG boxes, panoramic roofs .......just pot luck it seems.

Best of luck to all people waiting! :yes:
Sounds right, I think you should create a thread and post a link here. Also does anyone know how to explain how the dealer allocation process works as I have read a few things but still dont really get it!
sciroccoR25
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

ah its getting close here got my registration number last week ;) so lets see if arrives week 10
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

whicher wrote:I ordered mine on Sunday (27th Feb) and have been given an estimated build week of 13 as the dealer had allocation. After reading this page I'm not entirely confident that will happen but at the moment am happy to wait for a car that I've wanted for years. :)
Just had a call from the dealer. VW confirmed build week 13. Is that not a little quick??
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
mortc002

Post by mortc002 »

whicher wrote:
whicher wrote:I ordered mine on Sunday (27th Feb) and have been given an estimated build week of 13 as the dealer had allocation. After reading this page I'm not entirely confident that will happen but at the moment am happy to wait for a car that I've wanted for years. :)
Just had a call from the dealer. VW confirmed build week 13. Is that not a little quick??
Wow how much did you spend with all those options? fair play about getting your car in an acceptable amount of time!
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Lol. Well I've not got it yet! ;)

I probably spent too much to be honest, but I'm happy. I'm sure you can do the calculation on VW's website! Hehe. The dealer was very good, gave me a good deal and customer service has been great given the fact that I've been rather indecisive and kept changing my mind on various options until I was happy. :D

ReggieB
Options: Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio

Post by ReggieB »

whicher wrote:Just had a call from the dealer. VW confirmed build week 13. Is that not a little quick??
Well, I also have a confirmed build week 13, but ordered mine on 8th October! So yes it is a bit quick, he he!
My dealer clearly had no allocation for the first few months. Of course until I looked on here I didn't realise that allocations varied so much with dealers... I should have shopped around first.
Still, not long now, let's hope they arrive as expected!
Last edited by trix on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting
whicher

Post by whicher »

Yea this site has been invaluable to me researching and learning about the car and dealers etc etc etc. It's a great resource with fantastic people too! :)