Problems with my new R (used approved)

Everything about the R for potential owners.
chani1312
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: bluetooth, dsg, 19" alloys, sat nav, black leathers

Problems with my new R (used approved)

Post by chani1312 »

hi guys... i swapped my tdi roc for the r last week and i am experiencing some problems already......

first of all the boot rattle is horrendous it drives me crazy, when i want to turn the music off and listen to the engine all i hear is rattling in the back....

also when i am stationary, in neutral or foot on brake theres a noise coming from the front engine bay as if theres a loose pin rattling around???? anyone had that?

when i drove it from dealers steering was shaking so i took it to local tyre place and was told front two alloys were buckled......went back to vw they said it just needs balancing but admitted they are not 100% straight......it drives better but at top speeds it doesn't feel good at all.

another problem is when i turn my steering towards the right there is a knocking sound and if turn to the left it makes a completely different sound but this is only noticeable when turning at very low speeds

what else can i complain about.........brakes screeching ARGHHHHH i should have kept my tdi i looked after it the person who had this for a year clearly drove it very hard and didn't look after it at all.... body work is ace but inside oh it feels so bad

what do i do about the alloys????? should i push vw to give me two front new alloys ? knocking sound on right?
i know the boot rattle they can sort under warranty because i had it in my tdi and they fixed it no problem.....

but i have not had the car a week and its shocking to say VW can let a car go out like that with so many niggles

i got it from vw warrington but close to me is stockport.....i don't want to go to stockport to get it sorted and they say its a chargeable repair...where as if warrington say it is then il make them pay for it if not they cant keep it!

any advice i know it seems as if i'm moaning but the car itself drives amazing engine i love but all these small things are making me dislike the R
Strat
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: This and that.

Re: Problems with my new R (used approved)

Post by Strat »

Sounds like a bit of a shocker all round!

If it were me, I would march it straight back and demand they fix ALL the issues. As you've only had it a week you can argue with some confidence these issues were present at purchase, which they obviously shouldn't have been.

If the wheels are buckled, new wheels are needed a-sap.

The rattle, get fixed.

knocking on steering, not right and needs fixing.

brakes, no idea what the problem could be but needs sorting def!!

Def shocking this has not all been sorted before you purchased, but best to push them now whilst its still early!
Rolling Deep...
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

VW Warrington ....oh dear.

Did you not test drive it before buying it considering it's a used car?

Oh I have brake squeal too but then they have been abused a bit in the last 12 months :D
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

well the guy that sold me the car is not in today so tomorrow morning i will ring in straight away.

i did test drive it but i was so hyped with the speed of the car and how it looked i did not realise anything lol.

im just gonna demand all this gets sorted i know it will but i hate driving it when all i hear is ratlling and knocking sounds!
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by juniorbanks »

Your brake squealing can also be fixed easily and with little cost, the dealer may not do this as its more wear & tear than a fault.

Not sure where you stand with buckled alloys but if they are causing steering wobble then you must be able to get that fixed under warrenty !!

Your car may not have been driven hard, i would say more carelessly. Probably hit a few pot holes, then caught one nice and hard and here may lie the cause of your knocking, that can range from shock absorbers to axel damage .. either way not your problem so just give it back with a shopping list attached !!
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Wouldn't say it's not his problem....after all it's a used car and he's test driven it and bought it. They could argue he's damaged the alloys himself in the last week.

Brake squeal again same as above...tested and happen with it. They could easily charge £50 for labour to strip the brakes and re grease the pads if they want to be picky.
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Fault related exchange policy

After taking delivery of your Volkswagen Approved Used Car, if during the first 30-days/1,000 miles of ownership you find a fault with your purchase, then you may exchange your vehicle for another. Obviously it must be in the same condition as when first purchased and exchanged for a similar priced vehicle. Further terms and conditions apply, but your Volkswagen retailer will be pleased to supply further details.
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

well i reported the buckled wheels 2 hours after having the car i went straight to a tyre place near where i live and they confirmed theyre buckled and VW were notified straight away.......i spoke to the sales manager and he has arranged for the car to go back in and its going to get thouroughly checked out and hopefully rectified if not as 182_blue shown i will have no other option but to exchange it.

but bth the guys in there were really good with me so i dont think they would fob me off..
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

"obviously it should be in same condition as when purchased"

As the buyer did not mention anything does the above to wear and tear items??

The steering noise could be caused by same incident as buckled wheels.

Sounds like the car was proper ragged as a demo! Watch out for turbo failure.
Jane
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

If i were you I'd take advantage of that 30 day exchange policy, It does not sound good to me all round and i would'nt be happy at all.
ChrisCSL
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, RNS 510, ipod, bluetooth, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, panoramic roof, 19" Talledaga's

Post by ChrisCSL »

Jane wrote:If i were you I'd take advantage of that 30 day exchange policy, It does not sound good to me all round and i would'nt be happy at all.
Agree with Jane. Worth speaking to the Dealer Principle as your experience sounds shocking. Also worth calling VW customer services and explain the situation (to put pressure on the dealer). Also make sure everything is in writing to the Dealer Principle stating that you reject the car in it's current state listing the faults or reject the car completely for full refund or exchange for another R!

Best of luck!
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

your first fault! going to Warrington VW... that's all I will say!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

If your going to kept it get the steering checked and the shocks, both front wheels buckled sounds like a very large pothole or some form of impact damage. The electromechanical steering rack isn't known for being bomb proof in terms of resilience to careless driving damage.
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

thanks guys for your feedback, my god my 140 tdi looked so much the better option from where i am right now :(
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

well took it back to VW today made my feelings very clear to them, and they have took it in for three days to rectify all problems, i just said i wont accept anything else other than new front alloys thats it, so hopefully that should work.
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

chani1312 wrote:well took it back to VW today made my feelings very clear to them, and they have took it in for three days to rectify all problems, i just said i wont accept anything else other than new front alloys thats it, so hopefully that should work.
well thats a good response so far :yes:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, the grass isn't always greener, the wheels would be the least of my worries, I think you need to focus on furher underlying damage as a result
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

well hopefully all possible faults will be rectified in the next few days, i went out on a drive with the engineer and explained clearly it needs checking which is why he requested it stays in for three days to do multiple testing and road testing.

untill then im stuck with a 1.2 polo (atleast it doesnt rattle)
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

good progress...........rang vw to ask the progress of the car, and they have sorted the boot rattle, the door card rattle, places new seals on doors new driver handle......the knocking noise when turning right was a shock absorber split they replaced that under warranty......and they have also made sales pay for two brand new alloy wheels.....apparently they are testing the car and also re padding areas where they think rattling can be an issue so bit of a wake up call to warrington to never let a car go out like that again!