Zombie Drivers?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Zombie Drivers?

Post by juniorbanks »

In the past week i have spotted 3 Rocs with 0 takers. Looking at the "was that you" forum it was months ago that a member saw another member .. where are you all?
skippy
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Re: Zombie Drivers?

Post by skippy »

I know what you mean juniorbanks, I reckon there is only about a 1 in 10 chance of a Roc owner being on this forum. I used to try and post up every sighting, but now there are more around I tend to only occasionally report them. :shrug:
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

yup i've seen a few but i don't get a spotted so i guess they're not on here either!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

best one recently was the rising blue driven by a lady who seemed slightly annoyed i was obeying the 50mph speed limit on the A34 in Oxford in front of her, strangley her 50-70 acceleration figures weren't as good as mine when we came to the national speed limit sign

you have to remember its the darling of the company car lists these days ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

yup...lots of those in MK...especially near the VW HQ!!!
jsaadams
In: Deep Black

Post by jsaadams »

Chungster wrote:yup...lots of those in MK...especially near the VW HQ!!!
Absolutely agree, I can go weeks without seeing another Roc, driving in and out of london. But when in MK you cannot fail to see several in one day, but still never seen an R. Maybe VW don't trust Tracey / Keanu from the the post room to drive an R ?
barclay-89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by barclay-89 »

dude where in kent are you? im in upminster, essex but moving near sittingbourne way this summer, already spend 99% of time around there.
juniorbanks

Post by juniorbanks »

Im in Maidstone bud
barclay-89

Post by barclay-89 »

ok sweet! so you might be seeing me about soon, im always around maidstone. i notice youve got an amd sticker, did you get a revo or custom map?
juniorbanks

Post by juniorbanks »

Give us a wave then !! It's a Revo Stage 1 with a few other bits too :)
barclay-89

Post by barclay-89 »

cool, is it all running ok? my friend had his GTI worked on by amd and went to stage 2 and the revo map was a bit harsh on the car, also he got his fuel pump worked on by them and apparently they did something to the internals instead of getting a brand uprated pump..... confused me what he said tbh, never heard of any other problems with amd, i want to get mine custom mapped by them.
discowill
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Black Leather, RNS510, Rear Sensors, Cruise Control, Luxury Mats & Full Promotional Vinyl Wrap coming soon

Post by discowill »

Lots of middle aged suited men seem to be driving rocs now. They don't like it when someone my age is waving and flashing his lights at them.
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

barclay-89 wrote:cool, is it all running ok? my friend had his GTI worked on by amd and went to stage 2 and the revo map was a bit harsh on the car, also he got his fuel pump worked on by them and apparently they did something to the internals instead of getting a brand uprated pump..... confused me what he said tbh, never heard of any other problems with amd, i want to get mine custom mapped by them.
AmD uprate the fuel pumps by changing the internal bits with Autotech bits. It's a lot cheaper than buying a whole new uprated pump (currently only APR do this..and it's ~£800)

If you're mate thought the Revo S2 was bit harsh, he should have asked AmD to adjust the settings to make it less harsh!

:yes:
juniorbanks

Post by juniorbanks »

Never had any problems with AmD bud, done everything on my car and is even going back in next week for more. Stage 1 is awesome on the 2.0TSi and only requires a couple of easy mods, Stage 2 requires more beefy kit and puts the car under more strain, especially the clutch !! When was his GTI done? As AmD used to have a bit of a bad rep but they have changed hands and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car !!

Discowill they probably thinking your either trying to jump them or start a dogging session !!
barclay-89

Post by barclay-89 »

he liked the power but the engine didnt cope with it for long at all even though he done everything amd told him to.
he had it done last year, the apr is expensive but from what i heard is perfect for the job. ive never heard of anyone else having problems with them tho.
juniorbanks

Post by juniorbanks »

Depends how your driving the engine though, Wigit has stage 2 running on his 'Roc and apart from a couple of clutches it munched, i dont think he's had any real problems .. well none i've read. If you doing things like jumping in the car & redlining it straight out and pushing it hard before the engine has properly warmed up then yeah you will decrease the life of certain parts but aside from that you should be good :yes:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

juniorbanks wrote:Wigit has stage 2 running on his 'Roc and apart from a couple of clutches it munched, i dont think he's had any real problems .. well none i've read.
only the one stock oem which was slipping slightly at peak torque, in reality i was a lazy b'stard and used the in gear torque on the motorway, now i change down, GTI has been running similar tune and had no clutch woes
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2