Recaro's yay or nay..

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: This and that.

Re: Recaro's yay or nay..

Post by Strat »

supra253 wrote:
apmitchell wrote:I have these Recaro's in my R32 and my Dad's new Golf R, plus I have them in my Scirocco R..
They are defiantly worth every penny!! IMO
Sounds good. I just ordered me a pair of these to to retrofit when I get my new Roc in may :D
Did you order the VW ones? or are you talking about aftermarket Recaro's?

interested to know what you've gone for.
Rolling Deep...
supra253
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

The VW ones. Got a pair off off of eBay in Germany. Brand new, taken out of a Golf R which was converted for racing.
--------------------------------------------
Odd
apmitchell
In: Deep Black
Options: 3.6 twinturbo conversion, AWD conversion!!

Post by apmitchell »

Strat wrote:
supra253 wrote:
apmitchell wrote:I have these Recaro's in my R32 and my Dad's new Golf R, plus I have them in my Scirocco R..
They are defiantly worth every penny!! IMO
Sounds good. I just ordered me a pair of these to to retrofit when I get my new Roc in may :D
Did you order the VW ones? or are you talking about aftermarket Recaro's?

interested to know what you've gone for.
I ordered the Golf R and the R32 with the OEM Recaro's, But brought the OEM Recaro's as a retro fit for my Scirocco R!
I love them and could't imagine the car with any other type of seat..
Strat

Post by Strat »

I thought someone said you can't buy the recaro's from VW? only order from the factory?

what's the part numbers and price?
Rolling Deep...
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Strat wrote:I thought someone said you can't buy the recaro's from VW? only order from the factory?

From his post he says he bought them off ebay in Germany from a guy who took them out of a Golf R.

I specced them on my R32 and they are great seats
Strat

Post by Strat »

Cuprabob wrote:
Strat wrote:I thought someone said you can't buy the recaro's from VW? only order from the factory?

From his post he says he bought them off ebay in Germany from a guy who took them out of a Golf R.

I specced them on my R32 and they are great seats

ahh yes, i got confused. :nod:
Rolling Deep...
supra253
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

This'll be interesting. Sorta taking a leap here since the auctioneer had no ratings so far on eBay. He claimed to have had 3 sets in total, and sold two of them the last couple of days. Fingers crossed that he is legit :eek: :)

The plan is that these will sit in the Roc during the summer season, and the original leather R-line seats will be mounted for the winter season. I foresee it beeing a lot less practical getting into the Recaro's sideways, knocking the snow off my feet and swing into driving position, than it is in the standard seats. Besides, not really in that much need of lateral support during the winter season. Just touching the pedal from about november through march (at least) up here gets the ESP light to glow up like a Christmas tree :faint:
Odd
Strat

Post by Strat »

supra253 wrote:This'll be interesting. Sorta taking a leap here since the auctioneer had no ratings so far on eBay. He claimed to have had 3 sets in total, and sold two of them the last couple of days. Fingers crossed that he is legit :eek: :)

The plan is that these will sit in the Roc during the summer season, and the original leather R-line seats will be mounted for the winter season. I foresee it beeing a lot less practical getting into the Recaro's sideways, knocking the snow off my feet and swing into driving position, than it is in the standard seats. Besides, not really in that much need of lateral support during the winter season. Just touching the pedal from about november through march (at least) up here gets the ESP light to glow up like a Christmas tree :faint:
silly question maybe, but why would you swap your seats for the winter and summer season. makes no sense? ok i can see the logic in having winter alloys and tyres, fair enough. but to swap the seats? madness! enjoy them if you've got them.
Rolling Deep...
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Must say that i the first time i have read that someone swaps seats for winter LOL !
supra253

Post by supra253 »

Strat wrote: silly question maybe, but why would you swap your seats for the winter and summer season. makes no sense? ok i can see the logic in having winter alloys and tyres, fair enough. but to swap the seats? madness! enjoy them if you've got them.
hehe...we're a bit luny up here in the north ;)

No..seriously. I HATE dragging snow into my car. Makes a mess. I'm a bit anal about that. So when I get in the car all winter long (november through march) I sit my @ss in sideways so that I can knock the snow off my boots before I swing my feet into the car. That operation is already not so smooth with the stock seats, and I imagine it being even worse with the Recaro's. Don't forget that we can easily get 30cm of snow in one day/night up here when it really starts coming down.

Also, I don't want the kiddo kicking up and down the back with her winter boots, and they'll (the seats that is) probably stay in better condition if I can keep the snow and sleet off of them.

We'll see. It's a plan for now. I'm guessing it's just a 15 min operation to change, so it's not that big of a hazzle. I'm gonna keep the original leather seats anyways as I'll probably sell the Recaros separately when the time comes to swop cars.
Odd
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

How are you sorting the airbag light ?, I would personally just put rubber mats in and not worry about it
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Personally I think he's bought the wrong car!!!!

:)
supra253

Post by supra253 »

182_blue wrote:How are you sorting the airbag light ?, I would personally just put rubber mats in and not worry about it
Apparently there is some wiring in the chair that takes care of that. After all, they're out of a Golf R.
If not, I'm told it can be programmed in Vagcom as well.
Odd
supra253

Post by supra253 »

Chungster wrote:Personally I think he's bought the wrong car!!!!

:)
Well..in principle I would agree with you, but maybe you'll agree that I haven't when I tell you that an R with the same specs as the 210BHP R-line I have on order would set me back about 85 000 pounds (Recaro's NOT included) here in Norway...!!! That's almost 25K more than the R-line I'm getting, and it's all engine/horsepower/emissions taxes that makes the difference :fall:

Still think I bought the wrong car? ;)

Only one R has ever been sold here, and that wasn't a top spec'd one. It sold for just over 75K pounds.
Odd
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

l-plate wrote:was looking through the pics thinking nice, scrolling down, yep very smart, could perhaps trim my seats with alcantara, so can cope with the seats I have etc,

then saw the sculpted back of the recaro and well ...:cry:

I won't quite match those...very flash indeed, theyre a bit like the some of the TVR and Porsche GT2 seats with that solid back.
This is an r that trasformed his sports interior with alcantra, in my opinion it looks great as well. I prefer the back seats here compared to the recaro back seats. (btw look at that blue stitching to match the exterior color great detail):
ALL MODS ON HOLD
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

do enjoy reading this thread, having been out in chungsters it just reconfirmed my thoughts that the stock cloth/alcantara trim is was to go on the R, the acantara gives it the edge it needs and is grips on the bolsters

as Andy said VW have missed a trick here in terms of recaros based on stock R trim, i'm sure if they did that as an option for the cost of lether more people would tick the box

i'd be curious how good the rear access is with these and legroom as in the S3 its not easy getting in the back
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
supra253

Post by supra253 »

My Recaro's finally arrived today from Germany. Only one thing to say...NICE!!! There was actually two of us buying, and when I arrived to pick these up the other guys had already installed his into a Golf. Did a trial sit and I must say it felt very right! :)

Worth the cost..?? Well..you only live once, right?

Odd
langley182

Recaro's yay or nay..

Post by langley182 »

U gonna rock a harness?
juniorbanks
In: Rising Blue

Post by juniorbanks »

How much did they set you back supra? I assume cheaper than £3k as the rear seats are not being done?!
supra253

Post by supra253 »

No harness plans. Gonna use the stock belts. It's a family cruiser, this is.. ;)

They were EUR2850 + 295 in shipping.
Odd