Bad Carpet Wear

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Elay
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Bad Carpet Wear

Post by Elay »

Got my new 'roc in Early Nov 2010 - covered about 4500 miles and noticed over the weekend that the driver side carpet is completely worn through already.

I've taken it into the local dealer today for them to consider a warranty replacement (apparently it's covered in the first 6 months) - they're not happy about doing it as it's so much work (odd that considering that they'll surely just claim their time from VW underr warranty...)

just wondering if anyone had any similar problems with carpets wearing through so quickly??

and before you say it, I know.. I shouldn't have been a cheapskate and bought some mats...
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: Bad Carpet Wear

Post by martdy »

:hehe:
Elay wrote:I shouldn't have been a cheapskate and bought some mats...
You said it :lol:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by juniorbanks »

what are you wearing on your feet to wear out the carpet? Running Spikes?
skindemon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise & Bluetooth

Post by skindemon »

and which bit of carpet are you referring to? Isn't there a hard plastic bit for where your heels are positioned?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Do you really not have any car mats ?
Elay

Post by Elay »

It's the bit of carpet, just infront of the plastic bit where you put your heals whilst driving.. the problem is that the plastic bit isn't big enough.. so my size 12's rest on the carpet...

anyway, VW have agreed to change the carpet under warranty ....and give me some free mats to make sure it doesn't happen again!
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

Seems strange to fork out £20k on a car then not spend £50 on mats!

Did you get the Premium mats?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

They have some serious stripping down to do to get the new carpet in!!, i reckon i would just put mats in myself LOL
Elay

Post by Elay »

yeah, normally i'd have mats in.. but I just didnt get round to it... - and since it's a leased car, it has to go back in 'acceptable' condition - it's leased from VW and they just didnt quibble over it.. just get it in and replace.. 'and this time we'll give you the mats you should have got first time round'

:shrug:
ChrisL
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

Post by ChrisL »

I've got premium mats and they are wearing out quick under the driver's heel after ony 1500 miles.
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

Elay wrote:yeah, normally i'd have mats in.. but I just didnt get round to it... - and since it's a leased car, it has to go back in 'acceptable' condition - it's leased from VW and they just didnt quibble over it.. just get it in and replace.. 'and this time we'll give you the mats you should have got first time round'

:shrug:
Who do you lease with? I got some provided by Lex when I got mine, they looked awful though so I bought a full set of premium ones, £30 off the bay :)