mdi lead. free from dealers?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
rickj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather,dsg,scirocco sills,bury bluetooth,mdi.

mdi lead. free from dealers?

Post by rickj »

Just trying to find out if any owners who did not buy brand new and have the mdi factory fitted ,if they have ever managed to get the correct lead from dealers foc,Ive got the usb lead but after checking on here its clear they should come with the direct ipod connect as well.Previous owner said he only got the usb lead and as he did not own a ipod never knew of the other lead.I have it listed on the options direct from vw that it was a factory fitted option ,ive seen a few owners who have managed to get the correct one free but think this may be just owners who have bought brand new ,thanks in advance for replies
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: mdi lead. free from dealers?

Post by Shaun »

No ipod lead with mine from new, didnt think it was free either, its a MDI slot not just for ipods etc, i think you stand very little chance getting one if its second hand !.
rickj

Post by rickj »

182_blue wrote:No ipod lead with mine, didnt think it was free either, its a MDI slot not just for ipods etc
No i thought it was a long shot but ive seen on other forums owners saying it should come with both leads ,and in the case of owners with just the usb dealers supplying the other free ,looks like ebay for the other one then ,thanks for confirming
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

really does depend on dealers..i got both USB/Ipod leads free with mine...but i think it was a gesture of good will from my sales chick more than anything.
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Unless they've changed what they give out, the dealers were meant to give both USB and iPod cables with the MDI - did with both my Scirocco and more recently the OH's Passat CC in November 2010.

IIRC part of the problem is that the dealer has to order the cables separate to the car delivery and often forget / deliberately don't to see whether they get away with it. Easy enough for them to order one up with an apology.

As for 2nd hand cars, I guess it's caveat emptor and should have checked what the car was being supplied with before signing the order.
rickj

Post by rickj »

ayeaye wrote:Unless they've changed what they give out, the dealers were meant to give both USB and iPod cables with the MDI - did with both my Scirocco and more recently the OH's Passat CC in November 2010.

IIRC part of the problem is that the dealer has to order the cables separate to the car delivery and often forget / deliberately don't to see whether they get away with it. Easy enough for them to order one up with an apology.

As for 2nd hand cars, I guess it's caveat emptor and should have checked what the car was being supplied with before signing the order.
Car was bought privately and had the usb lead,i presumed this would work the ipod but as they are 6.99 on the bay, so no worries.all my music on the sd hence why ive only just tried the ipod but sorted now thanks
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

I have never took my ipod near the car, i have a USB slot for a USB memory stick and i have a slot for a SD card and i have a HD also, how much storage could you need LOL
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Chungster wrote:really does depend on dealers..i got both USB/Ipod leads free with mine...but i think it was a gesture of good will from my sales chick more than anything.
When I went to inspect my Scirocco in the dealers storage pound the day it was delivered, both leads were in a box on the dash. The leads/box are put in the Scirocco at the factory (Oct'09).
DSCN5667a.jpg
C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Ryy
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Mine came with the iPhone and USB leads after the dealer said they'd give them to me. Use one of them USB mini SD card holders (http://www.dinodirect.com/siyo-sy-t50-t ... 91&cur=GBP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to hold a 16GB card someone gave me (as my unit is limited to 2GB). Love it.
Jane
In: Deep Black
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

Only had the USB lead in mine when i picked her up, but asked and was given one straight away and was told it should have been in there ! :shrug:
rickj

Post by rickj »

182_blue wrote:I have never took my ipod near the car, i have a USB slot for a USB memory stick and i have a slot for a SD card and i have a HD also, how much storage could you need LOL

yes i have my music on the sd but as the mdi was a extra seems daft not to see if its any good with the ipod ,plus both my kids have i pods so i know they will def use it to listen to their rubbish :)
rickj

Post by rickj »

182_blue wrote:I have never took my ipod near the car, i have a USB slot for a USB memory stick and i have a slot for a SD card and i have a HD also, how much storage could you need LOL
new lead arrived today,def worth buying if you have a ipod as its a lot faster loading music than the sd,plus it charges it up as well,if anyone wants the media in ipod lead try danjinator147 on ebay selling for 6.99 or near offer which is the cheapest out there :yes:
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

Just for the record every brand new car in the uk which has the MDI as standard or an option gets both the USB and Ipod cable for free with it. The dealer used to put it in but now it is put in at the port but either way if you don't get one ask for it and you will get it.