Roc R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Jim Mitch
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Roc R

Post by Jim Mitch »

After 8 months of waiting and several threats to cancel the order, my rising blue Roc R arrived yesterday afternoon.

I have to say it's worth the wait. First impressions are incredibly positive and I cant wait to get to explore every inch of the car and its capabilities. Havent been this excited about a new car since my old VXT in 2003. I intend to keep an ownership blog going on Pistonheads but will try to remember to repeat my posts here as well.

Good luck to all those still waiting. It really is worth it (even going only on 24 hours experience).
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Roc R

Post by Shaun »

Looking good, what did options did you go for
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

very nice :nod:
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
Jim Mitch

Post by Jim Mitch »

182_blue wrote:Looking good, what did options did you go for
Just the essentials really - 19" wheels, leather, dynaudio and DAB. If I'd thought about it a bit more, I'd probably have gone for parking sensors and cruise control but probably not necessary really. I like the pano roof but didnt absolutely have to have it and I wasnt going to shell out £1700 for satnav when I can get a Garmin or something similar for £50 nowadays.

Loving the little touches like the dimming rear view mirror and adaptive headlamps. I know these are the sort of things that are considered standard now, but coming from a Lotus where a working heater is considered a luxury I'm positively dazzled by all the nice gadgets on the Roc.
l-plate

Post by l-plate »

Car looks really awesome.... :)

I also had a vx, tho an NA...so know exactly what you mean about the sudden joy of a heater let alone the all the 'toys' to play with. Dynaudio should be an improvement on the 2 speakers in the VX too!

Takes a little while to get used to putting down the power in FWD (and having no convertible for the 2 weeks a year we get sunshine) but you'll soon adapt...

enjoy.

ps oh may as well save you discovering this by accident, the armrest slides forward, handy to know.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Looks lovely Jim...best colour by far.

Enjoy the ownership experience! :)
Jim Mitch

Post by Jim Mitch »

l-plate wrote:Car looks really awesome.... :)

I also had a vx, tho an NA...so know exactly what you mean about the sudden joy of a heater let alone the all the 'toys' to play with. Dynaudio should be an improvement on the 2 speakers in the VX too!

Takes a little while to get used to putting down the power in FWD (and having no convertible for the 2 weeks a year we get sunshine) but you'll soon adapt...

enjoy.

ps oh may as well save you discovering this by accident, the armrest slides forward, handy to know.
Thanks for the armrest tip!

Yes - the dynaudio is MUCH better than the VX and Europa (although I added speakers in the VX's footwell and swapped out the rubbish OEM ones in the Europa so neither was as bad as when it first arrived).

Have to say that first impressions after nearly a week are entirely positive. Cant fault the car in any respect so far. Not had a chance to really push it yet (keeping it reined in a little until the 1k mark) but when I have put my foot down its very smooth. Not quite as instant or as harsh as the Lotii - quality chocolate rather than extra strong mint - but definitely quick enough. Cant wait to try it on a dry twisty back road!
risingR
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by risingR »

Jim Mitch wrote:
182_blue wrote:Looking good, what did options did you go for
Just the essentials really - 19" wheels, leather, dynaudio and DAB. If I'd thought about it a bit more, I'd probably have gone for parking sensors and cruise control but probably not necessary really. I like the pano roof but didnt absolutely have to have it and I wasnt going to shell out £1700 for satnav when I can get a Garmin or something similar for £50 nowadays.

Loving the little touches like the dimming rear view mirror and adaptive headlamps. I know these are the sort of things that are considered standard now, but coming from a Lotus where a working heater is considered a luxury I'm positively dazzled by all the nice gadgets on the Roc.
Looking good !! Looking forward to mine arriving shouldn't be too long now - glad you are enjoying yours - when you say adaptive headlights do they turn with the steering ? I wasn't aware the xenons on the r did this - added bonus if they do.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

No they don't move with steering wheel. Just extra angled bulb in headlight unit that comes on when u turn steering wheel more than 1/4 lock. It's handy actually.
sciroccoR25
In: Deep Black
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

enjoy the ride :D nice one