What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sciroccoR25
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by sciroccoR25 »

Mm y ordered my scirocco R late october 2010 kinda ..I caught my self starring alot more at scirocco forum atm :P drawing close week 3 atm ..mm week6 is a mAgic week ..week6 ;) Gief my black Rocky rock already

or perhaps ..we wont get it at that week ;)
the stig
In: Candy White
Options: Leather seats, sports wheel, DVD Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, 2way aircon, cruise control, Parking sensors, electric mirrors and Xeon lights

Post by the stig »

mortc002 wrote:
the stig wrote:Ordered today has alot of extras, leather, xeons, dvdsat nav, electric mirrors, cruise control and a few others predicted June, 1.4 btw for insurance purposes being 18 in my first year of driving! :(
Wow even being a 1.4 its going to be pricey. I wont ask if you can afford the insurance seeing as your 1st/2nd car is a brand new Scirocco!!!

On a lighter note my estimated week 10 buyild is now confirmed as week 9 and I have been told to expect Europcar to call me this week to firm up arrangements around the courtesy car
Haha insurance is defiantly the worst part, approaching the end of my first year soon, had 3 cars this year so will be interesting to see how long the rocco stays for as non have been as nice as this!

Andy
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Who said the dealer would not keep in touch? :lol:
Ordered the Rocco on January 5th, had a phone call from the dealer, Capitol VW Merthyr Tydfil, this afternoon and told that the order had been accepted by VW, build date to follow. Said they will phone again in two weeks time, or as soon as they get the build date. They are still confident that they will get the car by the end of May at the latest. :yummy:
aspireite
Options: Parking Sensors Wing mirrors

Post by aspireite »

Sounds good ordered my 1.4 last week and told dsg's version would take 5 months so went for manual and a predicted (how reliable are they?) mid May delivery
nubsy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Post by nubsy »

Ordered my 1.4 dsg 160 on 5th jan from Vw windrush Maidenhead. Still no call or email about anything to do with the car. Dealer said it would be with me by end of April on the day i ordered it. Its on the motability scheme, so at least i get to keep my Astra sri sport hatch till the rocco arrives. Asta is i lovely little motor though. Just want my Roc!!
Last edited by nubsy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chi11ipepper

Post by Chi11ipepper »

Ordered mine Oct 10 still with no build date! Only ordered 2.0 GT TDI. Wondering if im going to see it Q2?? What a joke
kane1210
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Rising Blue
Bi-Xenons
19" lugano's alloys
RNS510
Bluetooth Phone Prep
Voice control

Post by kane1210 »

Confirmed build week 6 , loving that !!!!

The wait is killing me now!!!

still 11 plate sounds good to me!
markaddy
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather, Pano sunroof

Post by markaddy »

I have been following this forum for quite a while and it is great to see that people are now getting
confirmed build weeks.

I ordered my Roc privately using using a company car scheme on the 30th Sept 2010.
The order was passed to the dealership and they placed the factory order on 5th Oct.
After chasing the dealership they eventually confirmed factory order accepted on 18th Nov.

However, after chasing for a confirmed build date they eventually admitted that they have now placed
2 orders and have given me 2 commission numbers! One of the orders was confirmed factory order
accepted on 14th Dec. (Not sure what happened to the one in Nov)

The reason they gave for the second order was that they were worried that the first order wasn't going to
be processed. They have since got factory order accepted on this order too.

When the dealer last checked the order, they told me it didn't have an estimated build date??

They tried to make me feel better and said I should have the car by the end of June!!

I feel quite helpless and rang VW customer services and they couldn't tell me anything about the orders.
Only that they didn't have a confirmed build dates.

I can't really believe anything the dealership say and will probably never find out the truth.

Does anyone know what could have happened and suggest anything I could do to sort this out?

Mark
exbmw
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise control, Lugano black style pack, Folding door mirrors, Panoramic sun roof, Parking sensors, Winter pack

Post by exbmw »

Still waiting a build date ordered 12th Jan estimated delivery early June, (guessed by dealer) still no confirmed build date, stuck with the Bmw till then.
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Markaddy - you should be able to get a courtesy car from the dealer. You may have to push hard for it but we managed to get one out of them... strictly speaking I think their contractural terms are 16 weeks and so if its been more than 16 weeks you should be able to get one.
nubsy
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Post by nubsy »

Ordered 05/01/11. Got confirmation of order from vw on 28/01/11. No build week yet, but went to dealer thismorn and he show'd me official 2011 time lines for new cars. Dsg's now at 17weeks delivered, from date of order.
pickle1488
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Viper Green
Options: bi-xeon lights, electric mirrors,
18" wheels, tinted windows,
luxury Mats, multifunction steering wheel,
Dynaudio, rear parking sensors,
Fog lights, badge deletion.

Build week 6

Post by pickle1488 »

I ordered my roc in the 2nd week of November, I've only just found out that it's going built in week 6 the dealer said it will be delivered week 10-12.

I can't wait to get it I'm sick of waiting.
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

Had a phone call from my dealer this morning saying that if I was passing to call in and he will look into the status of my order with me. I ordered at the dealer on Jan 4 and the order was confirmed by VW on Jan 20. Can't fault this dealer (Capitol VW Merthyr Tydfil), up there with Mazda and Honda.
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

pickle1488 wrote:I ordered my roc in the 2nd week of November, I've only just found out that it's going built in week 6 the dealer said it will be delivered week 10-12.

Well its finally happened I have got a confirmed build week , week 7 and my dealer is hopeful I will get it 2-3 weeks later , he has seen cars turning up within a week to 2 weeks after their build week so I am hopeful to get it first week of march

Its only taken me 7 months to get here (or will be by end of feb) , only slightly disappointed , if it had slipped again I was going to see if I could get some dealer fitted compensation :p
Poohbear
Options: Parking sensors
Multifunction wheel
Love my scirocco

Post by Poohbear »

Ordered lease car 2nd week in November. Just had email from leasing company to say build completed, shipping will take 2 weeks then some checks and we can sort out delivery date. Good times.
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

JG400 wrote:
pickle1488 wrote:I ordered my roc in the 2nd week of November, I've only just found out that it's going built in week 6 the dealer said it will be delivered week 10-12.

Well its finally happened I have got a confirmed build week , week 7 and my dealer is hopeful I will get it 2-3 weeks later , he has seen cars turning up within a week to 2 weeks after their build week so I am hopeful to get it first week of march

Its only taken me 7 months to get here (or will be by end of feb) , only slightly disappointed , if it had slipped again I was going to see if I could get some dealer fitted compensation :p
Called into my dealer today, at their behest, still hopeful of a mid May delivery. He did say that I should be thankful that I hadn't ordered one in Viper Green as they seemed to be delayed more than other colours.
paul_devon
Options: Electric folding mirrors,
Badge deletion,
Reverse sensors

Post by paul_devon »

I ordered a Scirocco GT tdi for myself on 10th November and got a build slot as week 7.
I ordered my boss a Scirocco R on 10th January and got a build slot of week 12, although we were first warned it could be 12 months before receiving it!
We are over the moon with that and cannot wait for the delivery of them. This was using Murray Volkswagen in Newton Abbot
nethers66
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: RNS510, Bluetooth, Reversing Sensors, S2T DSG Paddle Extensions

Post by nethers66 »

VW still seem to be all over the place with orders and deliveries, I ordered a GT 2.0 TSI DSG on 2nd Feb with a provisional delivery in June but now have an accepted order for delivery mid August !! My current car goes back in June so i'm stuffed........ :-(
Once an Alfaholic, always an Alfaholic!
padawanno

Post by padawanno »

I had ordered my Scirocco in the last week of NOV. I have got the info that they are assembling the car in build week 6.
Am now getting excited :)
mortc002
In: Night Blue
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

padawanno wrote:I had ordered my Scirocco in the last week of NOV. I have got the info that they are assembling the car in build week 6.
Am now getting excited :)
Looking to the right it seems you have no optional extras. Is this the case? the reason I ask is I ordered the same engine back in Sep with a few extras (See to the right) and have a build week of 9!!