What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
alaska1977
With a: Manual box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by alaska1977 »

Finally...... Ordered 15th August 2010, Build Week End of Feb, Expected End of March (if it wasn't for courtesy car I think I'd be going crazy !)
Scott_mac
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Ouch!

Ordered mine just and have been quoted 25 weeks.... shall await a confirmation and an actual date!!
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Worked out that based on cost (as if i was to hire the courtesy car I have), vw will have spent approx 8k. Total value of my lease to vw is about 7k. Sure they have preferential rates with hire companies but even still - seems hardly worth their while providing my car..
mortc002
In: Night Blue
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

I'm due my courtesy car on 27th Jan, (Getting confirmation of details today from the dealer my leasing company ordered through). I checked Eurocar and it would be 7k for two months (taking me up to when mine is expected) VW probably pay a tiny fraction of this cost so it does them no harm. I think its bad that they VW or the dealers don't let people know about there 16 week policy. If it wasn't for this forum I would be none the wiser!!
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

My R is confirmed for build week 5! Exciting times.

Delivery expected March.

Ordered Mid/End of November.

:D
Rolling Deep...
Fragz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
Options: Parking Sensors, DAB radio, Xenons.. Big cheesy grin whilst driving...

Post by Fragz »

Fragz wrote:
NAzUK wrote:Hi Peeps,

Put the order in for a 2.0 GT TDI rocco back at the end of sept still waiting from th dealer on the build date been 3 months and hes heard nothing back??
Do any one know how long the waiting time is as we were advsied 8-12 weeks when order was placed?
Hello there. Know the feeling all too well. Ordered our car in early Oct and haven't even been given a build week yet.. Going to give Blade Gloucester a call today and find out what the problem is.. We were told on 29Dec that there was a delay with DSG boxes and it would be March rather than early Jan.. However.. It sounds like Blade may have run out of allocation and are kidding us a little bit.. Going to investigate!!
Fragz
The Plot thickens..

Well, I called VW and have been informed of the following..
1. Blade Gloucester DO have allocation (so that's OK)
2. There IS a problem with supply of DSG boxes (so that's OK too!)
3. No build date confirmed! (remember we ordered this in October!!!)
4. Every time the order is placed in the VW order system it gets rejected.. .. so they are looking into WHY it gets rejected. However this means it might be ANOTHER 16-20 weeks before we get the car...
Getting close to cancelling the entire order now.. VERY angry!!

Also, Blade had promised to call me on Wed 12/01/11 to confirm my build/delivery date.. needless to say they didn't call..
So, going to go in and see them today..

Sigh..

Graham
Currently: "Vyvyan" the Viper Green Scirocco 170PS DSG... For Sale..Golf Gti 2007 3dr Candy White DSG, Sat Nav, Winterpack, Xenons....
ka822

Post by ka822 »

I ordered in late October. A 2.0TSI. Confirmed week 8. Arriving late April to HK.
Still a long wait.....
A3toScirocco

Post by A3toScirocco »

Here's a cut and paste of my order when I check online, I've been told to expect the car in March (Build date now confirmed)

11 Jan 2011 11 Jan 2011 Prop Stock Change From 2011-01-31 to 2011-02-21-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
04 Jan 2011 04 Jan 2011 Order Received
29 Dec 2010 04 Jan 2011 Unconfirmed Order
29 Dec 2010 04 Jan 2011 Order To Authorise
20 Dec 2010 21 Dec 2010 Prop Stock Change From 2010-12-31 to 2011-01-31-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
12 Nov 2010 12 Nov 2010 Prop Stock Change From 2010-12-20 to 2010-12-31-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
05 Nov 2010 09 Nov 2010 Prop Stock Change From 2010-11-30 to 2010-12-20-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
19 Oct 2010 28 Oct 2010 Prop Stock Change From 2010-10-16 to 2010-11-30-Factory delay (due to volume of orders)
09 Aug 2010 09 Aug 2010 Order Acknowledged
09 Aug 2010 09 Aug 2010 Proposed Stock Date 16.10.2010
09 Aug 2010 09 Aug 2010 Purch. Order Raised
02 Aug 2010 02 Aug 2010 Order Received
16 Jul 2010 02 Aug 2010 Unconfirmed Order
Fragz

Post by Fragz »

Fragz wrote:
Fragz wrote:
NAzUK wrote:Hi Peeps,

Put the order in for a 2.0 GT TDI rocco back at the end of sept still waiting from th dealer on the build date been 3 months and hes heard nothing back??
Do any one know how long the waiting time is as we were advsied 8-12 weeks when order was placed?
Hello there. Know the feeling all too well. Ordered our car in early Oct and haven't even been given a build week yet.. Going to give Blade Gloucester a call today and find out what the problem is.. We were told on 29Dec that there was a delay with DSG boxes and it would be March rather than early Jan.. However.. It sounds like Blade may have run out of allocation and are kidding us a little bit.. Going to investigate!!
Fragz
The Plot thickens..

Well, I called VW and have been informed of the following..
1. Blade Gloucester DO have allocation (so that's OK)
2. There IS a problem with supply of DSG boxes (so that's OK too!)
3. No build date confirmed! (remember we ordered this in October!!!)
4. Every time the order is placed in the VW order system it gets rejected.. .. so they are looking into WHY it gets rejected. However this means it might be ANOTHER 16-20 weeks before we get the car...
Getting close to cancelling the entire order now.. VERY angry!!

Also, Blade had promised to call me on Wed 12/01/11 to confirm my build/delivery date.. needless to say they didn't call..
So, going to go in and see them today..

Sigh..

Graham
GREAT NEWS..

We had a call from VW apologising for the problem. They have shuffled the build order and given us a week 9 build date.. maybe earlier if they can find a slot !! HURRAH
Also, they have promised a loan vehicle from Feb1 until our car arrives..
So, I'm happy now!!

Seems it want the fault of BLADE at all... so they are exonerated.. for now...

Graham
Currently: "Vyvyan" the Viper Green Scirocco 170PS DSG... For Sale..Golf Gti 2007 3dr Candy White DSG, Sat Nav, Winterpack, Xenons....
lee1
In: Deep Black

Post by lee1 »

Hello,

i ordered via a lease company mid august and have just had an unconfirmed build date of week 10!!!

Have been so close to cancelling on numerous occasions but might just see it through now.

I should be getting a courtesy car anytime now (have had an old company car to use up till now) can anyone tell me whether the courtesy car is insured or whether you need to provide your own insurance?

thanks lee
Fragz

Post by Fragz »

lee1 wrote:Hello,

i ordered via a lease company mid august and have just had an unconfirmed build date of week 10!!!

Have been so close to cancelling on numerous occasions but might just see it through now.

I should be getting a courtesy car anytime now (have had an old company car to use up till now) can anyone tell me whether the courtesy car is insured or whether you need to provide your own insurance?

thanks lee
Hi there. VW told me today that the loan car will be through Europcar and it WILL be insured by them.. all we have to pay for is the fuel..
However it may not be a VW...

Graham
lee1

Post by lee1 »

Fragz wrote:
lee1 wrote:Hello,

thanks lee
Hi there. VW told me today that the loan car will be through Europcar and it WILL be insured by them.. all we have to pay for is the fuel..
However it may not be a VW...

Graham
Thanks Graham,

I have told my lease company that I wont just except anything to drive and he has promised me a decent'ish golf. Good to know that I can expect the insurance to be paid for.
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Hi Graham,

Been watching your posts with interest! Hope things are finally getting sorted for you. My status is the same since last we spoke (Build wk 6) still to be confirmed, soon i hope. Will let you know progress!!

Regards Jeff
Rocco-liam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Black 19" laguno Pack, (full body kit) vw side sills, vw front spolier, vw rear bumper
Confirmed week 2 build
Car is at the dealership waiting for me, pick up 3rd march :)

Post by Rocco-liam »

A3toScirocco wrote:Here's a cut and paste of my order when I check online, I've been told to expect the car in March (Build date now confirmed)

How did you get this information online ?
SimplyGed
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

I've just spoken to my dealer and he's told me that my car is at the dealer waiting to be collected! :)

ordered on 23rd September.
Build week 52

Bit disappointed that he didn't tell me this last week as I now have to sort the insurance and finance our before I can collect :(
Not sure if I'll be able to sleep until it's sorted!!!!
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

you should have 7 days 'drive away' insurance through VWinsure... you have to ring up & let them know when you it needs to be effective from.
SimplyGed
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

trix wrote:you should have 7 days 'drive away' insurance through VWinsure... you have to ring up & let them know when you it needs to be effective from.
You're right! I can use the 7 days free insurance :)
Still need to pay for the car though :(
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
NAzUK1

Post by NAzUK1 »

Went in to dealers other day, found out that even though i order on the 27th sept, factory only accepted order on 20 Oct OMG!! Shambles this must delay it? Any one got any ideas?

Graham any tips on what you said to them, im not very good at complaining.

Naz
Last edited by NAzUK1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

lee1 wrote: I have told my lease company that I wont just except anything to drive and he has promised me a decent'ish golf. Good to know that I can expect the insurance to be paid for.
The dealer has little sway over what VW CS / Europcar allocate you, could be a 1.4 80PS golf S or at the other end of the scale a 2.0 diesel mondeo / insignia / passat. What your local Europcar branch has in stock at the time will more than likely determine what you get.
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

b0rk wrote: The dealer has little sway over what VW CS / Europcar allocate you, could be a 1.4 80PS golf S or at the other end of the scale a 2.0 diesel mondeo / insignia / passat. What your local Europcar branch has in stock at the time will more than likely determine what you get.
:yes: , Europcar contacted me and asked what I was ordering from VW , they said they couldn't supply a Scirocco as a support vehicle so I got an extremely large 2.0l TDI 140 Passat estate, mind you work were on the ball quickly and are going to send me an updated P11D at the end of financial year so the Tax man can take his cut :grumpy: so for me its fuel + Company Car Tax