Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Vibester
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by Vibester »

Collected mine on Wednesday.. pics will follow but initial traffic jammed 30 mile journey home was very very good!
robrain
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Congrats to receipt recipients. I've updated the waiters page.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
mattyw

Post by mattyw »

risingR wrote:So I ordered mine on the 27th November 2010 - just got a message from the dealer today to say that VW have accepted my order (which is very nice of them !!) and that estimated build week is week 5 - the dealer has pointed out that this will probably change - but even then this is a lot earlier than I expected given that I was told I probably wouldn't see the car until June 2011 at the earliest - maybe my wait won't be as long as expected but judging by others expieriences I'm not sure that this will be the case.............
I think there leading you on here mate,i ordered mine in october and still havnt got a build week,they have showed me on there computer screen and also the email vw sent out to the dealers saying not to promise build dates on the scirocco R due to that fire at the factory
risingR
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by risingR »

Not sure they are leading me on as I know the salesperson very well this will be the 7th car I have ordered from them - this is part of the email they sent

"Volkswagen have advised that your order has been accepted, they used one of our current orders to do this, so it might speed things up. It is currently showing as a week 5 build (February) but this is not confirmed so is quite likely to change. They are also advising that the car is now frozen and not able to be modified so it may not be possible to amend specification"

As they have pointed out this is quite likely to change and I'm not sure whether using one of their current orders has helped ? I'm fully expecting to have to wait longer as when I placed the order was told between June-Sept 2011 - which seemed to be the same timeframe I got from all of the dealers that I approached - anyway I may be lucky and get early and I may not - but hopefully the car will be worth the wait however long it is !!

I'll catch up with them after Xmas and get some more details - hope you get some sort of update on your order soon......
b0rk
In: Candy White
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

If the specification is frozen then your build week should be about to confirm... Which is curious was the slot they used for a R? Say another customers canceled order that the dealer left on the system.
risingR
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by risingR »

Not sure of the details, I'll contact the dealer to find out - they never mentioned they had a canceled order but then they have 4 VW dealerships so maybe the cancellation was from another - they did mention they'd be using an allocation from one of the others as they had used theirs.

If I find out anything else will post the details......
AXEY101
In: Deep Black
Options: fully loaded on 19's.

Post by AXEY101 »

Collecting my car friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll update when I can with pics.
How happy am I!!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

very good many congrats mate.
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Collecting on the 29th car arrived at the dealers this afternoon. Will post photos soon as I can :clap:
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

congrats thats 2 new R owners in 10 days! who said there's a supply issue :D
risingR

Post by risingR »

risingR wrote:Not sure of the details, I'll contact the dealer to find out - they never mentioned they had a canceled order but then they have 4 VW dealerships so maybe the cancellation was from another - they did mention they'd be using an allocation from one of the others as they had used theirs.

If I find out anything else will post the details......

So I spoke to the dealer today - and looks like I'm back in the queue - the slot they used was a normal roc stock order and they were allowed to change it to an R, however the status has now changed to no allocated week - so now the wait begins !!

Congrats to those who are just getting theirs
mattyw

Post by mattyw »

thats exactly what happened to me mate,they said they had an order for a normal scirocco and was going to use it for my scirocco R and would probably get it january,but that fire at the factory in russia is where interior parts are made for the R
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Thought the fire was in Germany last July. And it was exterior bodykit parts. Part of folklore now? Factory Fire making R parts

R's are coming thro' as above and I see LHD being produced on the production line all the time.

A matter of dealer allocations and the UK's allocation as a whole as wasn't the UK "R" batched in 500's? on each batch. And this is the second batch coming through.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
birdman66
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

At last my scirocco r is built it's showing up in transit should be in the dealers first week in January I'm told.
A very happy birdman
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Picked the car up today :clap: will post some pics when the weather improves !
sciroccoR25
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

got a confirm build date week 6 :D yaaaj
panhandle
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

I too now have a confirmed week build 6, so delivery around end of Feb, early March. Given that I ordered toward the very end of September, it nearly is the 5 month wait I was promised/expecting.

Just a quick question, can anyone confirm that the talladega wheels in black are now available, and does anyone know if they are the same cost? I might be having a change of heart.......
bonsaisumo
Options: Sunroof, leather, parking sensors, Dynaudio

Post by bonsaisumo »

Finally..................a build week!

Week 8

Hooray!
birdman66
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

My car will be at the dealers Friday. Will go to have a look and sort out the paperwork can't wait :clap:
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

panhandle wrote:Just a quick question, can anyone confirm that the talladega wheels in black are now available,
The jan 4th price list still only shows 19" sliver finish talledega's as an option, no harm in asking your dealer however if they can be sourced in black.