Just picked mine up

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
ajenkins

Just picked mine up

Post by ajenkins »

Just picked up a black 2.0 gt tsi manual, had a lovely drive from cheltenham vw to Plymouth. really loving the car but already i have some questions.

How many miles should you run the car in before drving it a little more harshly?

I have condensation in the headlights already, has anyone gone back to the dealer for this?

The ipod usb lead doesnt seem to work with the ipod charging/docking lead that has come with my ipod nano, should there have been another lead delivered with the car.

Other than that 200 miles down and its everything i expected and more, after coming from an s2000 the low down torque is brilliant for effortless overtaking.

Cheers Guys
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Just picked mine up

Post by iroc »

Congrats on the new car.

re the running in, there tends to be different opinions but it is recommended to be carefull for the first 1000 miles.

you should have 2 leads with the car 1 USB lead, 2 iPod lead. See link

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... lead#p4640

Condensation in headlights seems to be a common occurence, read somewhere that dealer reckons it's normal.

HTH
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

congrats :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

iroc wrote: Condensation in headlights seems to be a common occurence, read somewhere that dealer reckons it's normal.
The Xenons fog up also, it is mentioned in the manual as being normal for this to happen. I have noticed lots of other modern motors with fogged up lenses, seems to be quite common. Xenons are more prone to it apparently.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
ajenkins

Post by ajenkins »

Cheers for the quick responses, annoyed that i have to contact them again reagrding the extra Ipod lead, I asked him so many times to make sure this was included prior to picking it up.

Seems to be loads of little extras that can be added just deciding which ones to go for.
SuperJB
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

Congrats on the new motor, I picked mine up on Tuesday, and I'm loving every second!

The engine run-in phase is killing me! As has previously been mentioned, there are varying schools of thought on how to run the engine in. Seems that some dealers are advising to keep below 3000rpm for the first 1000 miles :cry: If you dig deep enough the manual recommends to keeping below something like 80% of the vehicle's top speed (I'm impressed if you had designs on going faster than that already!) and not to use full throttle for the first 1000km (621 miles), and then to ramp up to flat out progressively over the following 500km (311 miles). Don't have the manual to hand to give you the exact details tho, sorry!

Have fun!
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

Enjoy!!

Picked mine up today as well :yes:
ajenkins

Post by ajenkins »

Can you post a picture of it, loved to see a grey one.
alco
Options: Black leather, rear parking sensors, electric folding mirrors, cruise control

Post by alco »

He has posted some pics in the sc gallery. Looks good!!
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

ajenkins wrote:Can you post a picture of it, loved to see a grey one.
Check my gallery - I uploaded some pics there