Interior mats - What are best?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Interior mats - What are best?

Post by Ryy »

Guys,

I don't have any mats in my roc...

So............ some help please! - Which ones are the best? I'm not one for rubber mats, would prefer carpet, so please advise and share pictures of what you have so I can take a look (cheeky I know!)

Thanks all.

I want some within a week! Please help!
Gilez
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Re: Interior mats - What are best?

Post by Gilez »

I dont have any pictures of mine, but the VW carpet ones are very nice. The only downside is that they dont have a rubber heal rest for the drivers side, so is likely to wear through after a while. Saying that, I have had my car since February this year, and the drivers is still looking pretty good.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
VWMerc
In: Candy White
Options: GT Wheels
Rear Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by VWMerc »

I have the rubber ones for winter driving which stops the worst of the slush and crap over the winter months and swap over to carpet ones from about spring time.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

VWMerc wrote:I have the rubber ones for winter driving which stops the worst of the slush and crap over the winter months and swap over to carpet ones from about spring time.
X2 after a fellow R owner informed me of this logical idea. £28 for rubber mats but at least I don't have to worry about getting mats dirty now over winter
VWMerc
Rear Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by VWMerc »

Exactly, only £28.00, can't go wring. I don't bother with the backs.
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Any images of these rubber ones then!

I prefer the carpet as for me I just like the feel better. Like more warmly! lol. But can understand the winter thing!
andyd68
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey

Post by andyd68 »

VWMerc wrote:I have the rubber ones for winter driving which stops the worst of the slush and crap over the winter months and swap over to carpet ones from about spring time.
+1 That's what i do as well and have done for a few years now. Have also done the same for the wife's Polo :nod:
VWMerc
Rear Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by VWMerc »

See the link below which will take you to the Scirocco accessories in VW. All official Scirocco merchandise including mats etc can be found there.

http://www.volkswagenaccessories.co.uk/accessories/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

No pics! Gah. I'll nip to a local garage and ask them to show me.
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Actually, what are the offical carpet ones like? Quality / wear. Also, random question, but when u vax them, do they come up ok, or harbour bits!
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

I'm going to check with the place I brought it, I need to pop back for something anyway, so what I will do is see if they will still offer the mats for £75 like the sales guy said. I've checked the brochure and they look ok and it says £92 for front and back, so if I can get them for £75, I'll take it. Just hope the quality is ok.
Deb
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Post by Deb »

I gave away the mats that came with the car; they always seem to go curly/wear through where my feet go/trip me up or just generally piss me off. I bought myself some rubber mats just so wet feet weren't a problem, the mats couldn't wear and the edges held their shape, think they've been in every company car I've driven for ten years or so. The best bit about them is that no matter what crap I tread into the car, I can just scoop them up, tip out the debris and give them a quick wipe over and the car's spotless again. The worst thing? Well, apart from being a little big for the footwell, they don't really 'go' with the 'roc, do they?

Ryy

Post by Ryy »

lol! They don't really go, unless your paintwork is of the same elk.

The little pad that is there now (without mats) I'm sliding all over the place on it, so I want some carpet ones for defo. I did in my last car and I just prefer them. I will just go genuine I think. It's a pity as there seems to be loads of options for Ford's and my mate had some awesome ones done for his fezza!
skindemon
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise & Bluetooth

Post by skindemon »

I've got the 'normal' VW carpet mats, but for winter, I've just bought some generic Halfords rubber mats, and cut them to shape (using the VW ones as a template). They were 1/3 off too, so only cost £9.99

Happy days :)
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

I'm doing pretty much what you've said. Got a £3.99 Halfords matt for my side, then buying VW mats hopefully Weds.
Danne
In: Pewter Grey

Post by Danne »

Are the Golf rear mats the same as Scirocco
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Danne wrote:Are the Golf rear mats the same as Scirocco
yes