What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Elay
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by Elay »

OK, this is beyond a joke now, - my dealer has had the car for 11 days, but can't release it to me as they can't print the paperwork from the 'old' VW system, they say they have a number of customers in the same position, where they ordered the vehicles on the old system and they've not been migrated across to the new system.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Elay

Post by Elay »

a little more detail has come to light...

apparently the problem is that VW effectively sold the car to VW financial services (who are providing the lease for me) but it was sold on the old ordering system. - now VW are on their new NVS ordering system and the price does not match to what was originally paid. - therefore VW financial services and VW have to agree the price before documents can be printed and the car released. - its taken them 11 days so far and still no sign of resolution.

i'm told my dealer has 20 customers in this position and they are aware of other dealers facing the same problem.

This is so frustrating.. you would think that surely someone can telephone someone in another office somewhere and just get them to solve the problem, but no....
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

alaska1977 wrote:Just to verify I have been offered a courtesy car if no scirocco by mid/late Dec. (16 weeks) from VW dealer. Ordered 19th August went on the VW system 1st Sept. THis is also for a company lease vehicle.
lee1 wrote: Ordered mine (vie lease co.) mid August, expected mid Novemeber. I have had no build date and the lease company (a mate of mine) is unable to give me any further information. He has however mentioned the engine change to bluemotion & also the fact that vw seem to be a nightmare at the moment generally, but by all accounts nobody quite knows whats going on?!!?
The Don wrote:Yeah, I've spoke to my VW dealer, I'm buying my car outright, and they have told me the car is still due to go to production in week 44. I ordered mine on the 19th of Sept.

Alaska ,lee , Don Have you had a build week yet? I have still heard nothing
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Heard nothing - though was asked for driving licence number when i asked for courtesy car offer to be put in writing. I assume this relates to this as opposed to any news from the factory being imminent. Decided to make pestering my dealer a hobby until they come up with something useful regarding my order.
The Don
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White

Post by The Don »

Spoke to the dealer last week, and I've been told week 49 now. He could not confirm anything other than they can't build them fast enough. Told me I will get delievery in Jan. I've told him this was ok, but I wasn't willing to wait any longer and we'll need to consider other options if there was any further delays. He seemed confident that we wouldn't have to go there.

This is my first VW, and to be honest I can't really say I'm overly impressed. It's also the first car I've ever factory ordered, so I'm curious to know if this is the norm when you factory order? I was speaking to a girl in my work who has had similar problems with ordering a Mini Cooper S.

I read further up the page that it's the lack of communication thats annoying. This is also what is annoying me more than anything. There was no talk of timescales before I bought the car, and any time I want to speak to my dealer, it's always 3 or 4 calls before he returns my call. I know if I didnt contact him I would still not have spoke to anyone about when Im getting my car.
8legs6legs
Options: Cruise control

Post by 8legs6legs »

Ordered a Candy White Roc GT 2.0 140TDI at end of April/start of May 2010 for new work lease car. Original delivery date given by Lloyds LEX Auto leasing was 20 August 2010. I was later informed that their website was updated (after 20/08) saying new estimated delivery date was 24 October. I am now informed that a new date has been placed on the Lloyds website of 24 December 2010. I'm getting nothing through my leasing colleague on the reason for the delay - they are simply telling me lots of VW's are taking this sort of time. Shocking customer service. But it seems from reading the above that VW are to blame. At least some folk have had an explanation for the delay, as satisfactory or not as that explanation may be. If I didn't want the car so much I'd have canceled ages ago!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Legs :welcome:
not being funny but that sounds majorly like the leasing company, VW may always seem the easiest to blame being the end of the chain but when you are going through a lease company who are also a rule unto themselves, they are certainly not angelic individuals in any situation. when you are going through a lease company you don't hear what VW are saying you are hearing what the lease company are telling you VW are saying which could be anything they damn well like.
I'm certainly not saying VW are flawless as they aren't as shown but you I don't think any of the above have been delayed as long as you therefore with those sort of delays you need to give your lease company a big kick & tell them what for.

S
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

8legs6legs wrote:Ordered a Candy White Roc GT 2.0 140TDI at end of April/start of May 2010 for new work lease car. Original delivery date given by Lloyds LEX Auto leasing was 20 August 2010. I was later informed that their website was updated (after 20/08) saying new estimated delivery date was 24 October. I am now informed that a new date has been placed on the Lloyds website of 24 December 2010. I'm getting nothing through my leasing colleague on the reason for the delay - they are simply telling me lots of VW's are taking this sort of time. Shocking customer service. But it seems from reading the above that VW are to blame. At least some folk have had an explanation for the delay, as satisfactory or not as that explanation may be. If I didn't want the car so much I'd have canceled ages ago!

Also you should have had a car supplied by VW by now in lue of your delayed order 16 weeks after they have accepted the order from the Dealer / lease company, this has been confirmed by my dealer

In fact thinking about it your tale is really shocking, if I were you I would email your lease company and demand to know when the order was accepted onto the VW system because that is the real order date , because your delivery dates are consistent with an order being accepted in August!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Just ran a build check of 2nd half 2009 builds v MY2011 to date. The production is steady at about 850 Sciroccos a week. No change.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
KrisPL
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black

Post by KrisPL »

Hi :)

I ordered my black rocco at mid september (14th) and my build week is 44, so it will be first November week.

In Poland, as VW inform me, Rocco will be in the end of November so... it is only a month! :D
Elay

Post by Elay »

Well, after 3 1/2 months and over 2 weeks with the car at the dealers... i'm finally picking mine up tomorrow...

it was a case of 'he who shouts loudest' in the end.. but at least i'm getting it.
domc
Options: DAB Radio & Cruise Control

Post by domc »

Elay wrote:Well, after 3 1/2 months and over 2 weeks with the car at the dealers... i'm finally picking mine up tomorrow...

it was a case of 'he who shouts loudest' in the end.. but at least i'm getting it.
Well that could be good news for me too, mine is at the dealers, spoke to the leasing company today and they told me about the paperworks problems... Looks like they have sorted it now though.
finglish2002
Options: Satnav

Post by finglish2002 »

I ordered a deep black GT170 on September the 1st with Satnav and park sensors as options. I had head nothing until last week when the dealer called me directly. I say dealer as I am actually doing a private lease which is with another company. The dealer could not give me a build or delivery date yet. His explanation was that VW had underestimated the demand for 2010. He said, that VW had assumed that there would be less demand due to the economic downturns. He then said that in reality, demand is very healthy and that VW cant keep up.
I have also read in this forum that there is an engine swap out happening in that Blue motion units are going in instead of the current block but i am unsure if this applies to the GT 170 Diesel unit.
What i am finding strange is that most people in this forum appear to be getting build/delivery dates and I am not being confirmed either. I have been estimated to Feb 2011 which means that total lead time is pretty much 6 months from ordering.
Can anybody offer any advice or insights on this?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:welcome:
finglish2002 wrote:What i am finding strange is that most people in this forum appear to be getting build/delivery dates and I am not being confirmed either.
not all dealers will tell you if you have an estimated/confirmed build date, some just don't, some don't unless you ask, some don't because they don't know you want to know it, informed customers worry most of them. also it seems the new system isn't as informative as the old one so they have to use their intuition and knowledge of the system (assuming they have any).
bottom line is if you want to know some specific information (order status etc) and be kept up to date about it on a regular basis, tell them you want to know as they aren't mind readers.

S
The_Roc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Panaroof,xenons,truffle leather

Post by The_Roc »

Just called my dealer, CW 2.0 GT DSG should be arriving in South Africa at the end of Nov after a 4 Month wait, thank goodness to the forum for keeping me occupied while eagerly waiting delivery.
sparrowlegs
In: Night Blue
Options: 19" SILVER LUGANO'S
CARPET MATS FRONT & REAR

Post by sparrowlegs »

Order accepted and confirmed by VW today. Been told to expect a build date to be given by end of November and delivery likely Feb / Mar 2011.
SimplyGed
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

sparrowlegs

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your order. I placed mine 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a build date (same car, in black, no special wheels). I tried hassling the dealer today, but I think he's related to Judith Chalmers!!! :) Did you ask the dealer about any of the MY2011 changes, especially the BlueMotion engine?
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
sparrowlegs
In: Night Blue
Options: 19" SILVER LUGANO'S
CARPET MATS FRONT & REAR

Post by sparrowlegs »

Hi SimplyGed,

I will keep updating on progress. Seems i knew more about my2011 changes than the dealer from the research i have done on here!!!

As far as i can find out the bluemotion engine is not yet being introduced to the 170, only the 140 from week 45.
Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Elay wrote:a little more detail has come to light...

apparently the problem is that VW effectively sold the car to VW financial services (who are providing the lease for me) but it was sold on the old ordering system. - now VW are on their new NVS ordering system and the price does not match to what was originally paid. - therefore VW financial services and VW have to agree the price before documents can be printed and the car released. - its taken them 11 days so far and still no sign of resolution.

i'm told my dealer has 20 customers in this position and they are aware of other dealers facing the same problem.

This is so frustrating.. you would think that surely someone can telephone someone in another office somewhere and just get them to solve the problem, but no....

Getting the exact same news here as well. Ordered mid July, got confirmation on the 14th Oct that they have the car, and since then just been getting the same 'computer says no' nonsense. They still haven't been able to give me any idea on how long it'll take to fix.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Or better yet anyone with insider knowledge on how long this will go on for? Feel bad for everyone who's cars are delayed, but it's even worse when you know it's sitting at the dealers and you're not even allowed to have it. :grumpy: :grumpy:
paul01
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by paul01 »

Hi ppl....just to let you know that Ive had a proper annoying week with the lease company...firstly having ordered my car on the 15th they told me that it didnt actually process until the 29th September!!! Then to make matters worse they then told me the earliest I could expect it is the 22nd December!!!

He then gave me the number of JCT VW based in Wakefield to keep checking as to when it may actually arrive and the guy I spoke to said that I would be lucky to receive it in March 2011!!!! They say that production fell back by a further 2/3 months as of last week as they have now decided to make all their engines Blue Motion. His words to me was actually "i would rather tell you the trutch than bulls*** you!!!!!!!"

To say i was annoyed is an understatement....Ive actually cancelled the order with this guy and gone to another company that have a built car which just needs to be shipped over!!!

I would be careful when dealing with lease companies....of course they arent going to actually tell you worse case scenario as it would mean their orders would fall!!!!