Retrofit Sat Nav on a 10 plate Roc R

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
ayc1985
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking Sensors
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Retrofit Sat Nav on a 10 plate Roc R

Post by ayc1985 »

Hey guys I currently am purchasing a Roc R (check my previous posts) and I was wondering if anyone could give me their expertise on retrofitting stuff to it.

I want Sat Nav, Fiscon and Cruise control.

It's a 10 plate which I heard was harder to retrofit stuff onto, is this true?

Also it has the integrated rear sensors with the visual display, will this carry over to the RNS?

Thanks!
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Retrofit Sat Nav on a 10 plate Roc R

Post by Shaun »

As i wrote on your other thread, Sat nav is easy and bluetooth is fairly easy, Cruise is harder than it used to be as all the stalks are now one so you need to buy the lot, plus you may need a new control unit, the rear sensors will work with the screen as long as its porgrammed properly, as i wrote also i can find you someone who will supply and fit all the above, i bought a C version LCD screen RNS510 from him for aprox £600 to replace my older version RNS510
ayc1985
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by ayc1985 »

Cheers mate, whereabout did you get the C version RNS? whats the difference between that one and the older version, (is it just firmware?)
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

ayc1985 wrote:Cheers mate, whereabout did you get the C version RNS? whats the difference between that one and the older version, (is it just firmware?)
I got it from the person i mention above (if you want his contact details PM me), there are two C versions, one has a LCD screen and one doesnt, you can easily spot the difference as the LCD version has a star button on the top right of the unit, the main difference is the LCD screen it has which is a bit better than the old version, plus it has newer software than the A & B units (although the older units can be upgraded to some extent) and will be supported longer by VW with firmware updates etc.
Your car would have a C unit in it from new, so it makes sense to put that version in as its how it should be :yes:
DAR

Post by DAR »

This chap gets good reports.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-RNS-510-OEM-GP ... 353wt_1057

Blue is right, the SN fit is easy, and very straightforward. where in the UK are you?
GAZARE
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by GAZARE »

182_blue wrote:As i wrote on your other thread, Sat nav is easy and bluetooth is fairly easy, Cruise is harder than it used to be as all the stalks are now one so you need to buy the lot, plus you may need a new control unit, the rear sensors will work with the screen as long as its porgrammed properly, as i wrote also i can find you someone who will supply and fit all the above, i bought a C version LCD screen RNS510 from him for aprox £600 to replace my older version RNS510
I'm interested in speaking to this guy. Don't actually have my Scirocco yet, hopefully picking it up late Oct early Nov. For £600 he supplies and fits the RNS510? Would also be interested in the bluetooth aswell.

Unfortunately i can't PM as i've not made enough posts. Hmm...
ayc1985
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by ayc1985 »

I live in Harrow London but work out of Cheltenham on weekdays.

Cheers for the advice guys
mortygttdi
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: highline mfa+, rns510, vw premium bt, bi-xenons,

Post by mortygttdi »

Shaun is refering to myself, I have in stock at the moment the new premium bluetooth 3C0 A version I'm just trying to get stock of the C version RNS's once i can confirm how many i will get back on here. I have ordered 25 units so all been well should have them start of november??

Cheers

Darren
GAZARE
In: Salsa Red

Post by GAZARE »

mortygttdi wrote:Shaun is refering to myself, I have in stock at the moment the new premium bluetooth 3C0 A version I'm just trying to get stock of the C version RNS's once i can confirm how many i will get back on here. I have ordered 25 units so all been well should have them start of november??

Cheers

Darren
Whats he difference between the 2? Just out of curiosity, how much you looking at for them and for them and for you to install them? And where in the UK are you?
Dont pick my car up until end of October but just putting things together.
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

Morty is it you selling the phone units on Ebay?
mortygttdi

Post by mortygttdi »

No not me buddy,
chani1312
In: Deep Black
Options: bluetooth, dsg, 19" alloys, sat nav, black leathers

Post by chani1312 »

Hi I have a 10 plate scirocco and want to instal the LCD c version Rns510. I have reverse parking and premium bluetooth. Would you know how to programme them ? I am ready to buy now and I am based in Manchester but willing to travel. Can you pm me with a price please cheers. I am looking to get it asap as I need a sat nav for work purposes. Thanks
DaveB1970

Post by DaveB1970 »

chani1312 wrote:Would you know how to programme them ?

Daz knows everything :D
mortygttdi

Post by mortygttdi »

Cheers Dave, I may need your help soon? thinking of buying Vicks S3 engine so will need advice on BBK?

Chani1312 has Dave said yes programming not a problem, ill throw a pm your way in the morning but i'm in Scotland all next week so will not be able to sort any thing until afterwards?

Cheers

Darren
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

Hi guys any update on getting me the rns510 led version c star button....???
mortygttdi

Post by mortygttdi »

not yet got some on order though
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

Hi I have just brought an rns 510 version c for £450 perfect condition fits perfect in my 2010 scirocco. But the directions doesn't come into my high line computer..
??? Also the star button when u press it. My car doesn't pick up my voice is this because it needs programming, my veverse parking works my Bluetooth seems like it will work but just these minor issues. Any help guys I really need it thanks
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

chani1312 wrote:Hi I have just brought an rns 510 version c for £450 perfect condition fits perfect in my 2010 scirocco. But the directions doesn't come into my high line computer..
??? Also the star button when u press it. My car doesn't pick up my voice is this because it needs programming, my veverse parking works my Bluetooth seems like it will work but just these minor issues. Any help guys I really need it thanks
Did you get it programmed ?, you need to get it programmed to have direction etc in the highline (telling the Controller you now have a RNS), as for the Star button, does your car have bluetooth now ? (or should i say before the RNS510) , again the RNS needs programming to get the mic to work
chani1312

Post by chani1312 »

Hi no the guy I bought it literally just took out my rcd510 and put in the rns510 and gps aerial. The gps worked perfectly....however it doesn't pick up speed cameras. Why is that? I did have rsap Bluetooth before it so yes I do have it.

I drove all the way to London to get it I am based in Manchester in London for today I don't have a clue who has a vagcom to programme it. Any help on who has one?? Really want this fully functional. Other irritating thing is the DVD turning off when in motion

I will seriously apreciate any help and anyone who can sort me with programming. And I will happily buy you guys a drink or two. :) I think I'm the youngest driver. 21 still need help with things
mantzas
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: RNS 510 sat nav, rear view camera, parking sensors, media-in

Post by mantzas »

chani1312 wrote:Hi no the guy I bought it literally just took out my rcd510 and put in the rns510 and gps aerial. The gps worked perfectly....however it doesn't pick up speed cameras. Why is that? I did have rsap Bluetooth before it so yes I do have it.

I drove all the way to London to get it I am based in Manchester in London for today I don't have a clue who has a vagcom to programme it. Any help on who has one?? Really want this fully functional. Other irritating thing is the DVD turning off when in motion

I will seriously apreciate any help and anyone who can sort me with programming. And I will happily buy you guys a drink or two. :) I think I'm the youngest driver. 21 still need help with things
You don't see speedcams because they are not in the map. You need to make a custom (hacked) map which will include the cams or other pois you might add. The dvd is disabled in motion for safety reasons. This can't be changed with programming. You must install a video-in-motion interface.
Dimitris