Courtesy car until delivery

Everything about the R for potential owners.
bonsaisumo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Sunroof, leather, parking sensors, Dynaudio

Courtesy car until delivery

Post by bonsaisumo »

Hi,

Is it true that you get a courtesy car from VW if your car is not ready after 20 weeks? Is this A VW policy, or a dealer initiative, and how do you go about it? My dealer appeared not to have heard about it.

Thanks
steve H
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Wheels Leather Sunroof Parking sensor Dynaudio Folding mirrors

Re: Courtesy car until delivery

Post by steve H »

Hi,

I got one after 16 weeks. I had decided to cancel otherwise. It came direct from National. At the time there was debate with VWCS if I should have one after 16 or 20 weeks but I got it after 16. My dealer arranged it with a phone call. I had it for over two months while waiting for the ar to arrive. The wait was bad but the car is great.

Cheers.
TonyR83
In: Candy White
Options: Model Year 2011
-19" Talladega
-RNS 510
-cruise control
-volumetric alarm
-mirrors pack
-bluetooth Premium (Rsap)
-light assist
-no ACC = DCC in Italy

Post by TonyR83 »

In UK You are very lucky. Here in Italy there is no courtesy car...It only has to wait :( without any car...and the wait, you know, is very long :) I waited my R four months and an half

Ordered 15th April
Build week 28 (12-18 July)
Charged 2nd August
Expected arrival 6/15 August
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Bonsai

its not a given that you will get a courtesy car if you wait over 20 weeks, you need to kick up a hell of a stink & have a good relationship with your dealer as they have to either use one of their fleet or get a central one sanctioned with VW UK & have good reason for going to them cap in hand to try & get you one. I was verging on that timescale last year so starting making the noises but my dealer wouldn't entertain it, when I spoke to vw customer services and queried if i could it was very much an umm, ahh & errr response

S
wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

Hi

I work as a Technician at a VW dealer and just because I'm staff doesn't mean I should not be treated like a normal customer. I phoned VWCS and said I was allowed a support car after 22 weeks (16th Sept). My dealer knew about this and had it all set. Couple of days before, they told me I had to have a reference number from CS. CS phoned my dealer direct and gave them the number but now had told me I could have a car from the 15th Oct - I was not amused. After the sales manager sorted it out for me, I got a 1.4 Golf on the 16th Sept from Eurocar, but should be changed in a week. This is because, if you provide details of the car you're buying, you should get an equivalent i.e. I should be getting a Passat.
Hope this helps.
bonsaisumo

Post by bonsaisumo »

Many thanks to you all for that. When it gets nearer the time, I will do my best to persuade my dealer. I ordered 4 weeks ago, but haven't got a build week yet.
AXEY101
Options: fully loaded on 19's.

Post by AXEY101 »

Hi,
I ordered my R in may, Last week I was given a scirocco out of the showroom untill VW had sorted a car for me, this week ive had a vauxhall insignia elite(09 hire car), I guess ill be keeping this untill my car arrives which could be january???
I had a company car that had to be returned at the start of september as that was the date i was told by VW(and assured) i was getting my R!!!!!!!! :grumpy:
robrain
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

bonsaisumo, I've added you to the R-waiters summary. Let us know the exact date you ordered, if only so I can stop being the last on the list :)
Last edited by robrain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
bonsaisumo

Post by bonsaisumo »

Hi,
It was 25th August.
Many thanks!
robrain
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Thanks for the update - and may the best order win!
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

I am now rocking around in a Skoda Octavia TDI (hire car)... not a bad car actually... but it meant I could get rid of my trade in and motor around at someone elses cost. I just hope the car is built soon!!!!!
Jim Mitch
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Post by Jim Mitch »

Ordered my R through our company car ownership scheme in May. Had an initial delivery date of August, but now put back to (unconfirmed) December.

I've asked the scheme admin to push their dealer on getting me a courtesy car and have chased them several times in the last 2 weeks. Dealer claimed not to have heard anything from VW about courtesy cars, but apparently also said it was only open to "private" buyers (implying that I am not a "private" buyer).

Have now sold my previous car and am cycling to work until December, unless a courtesy car can be arranged. On the plus side, I have ordered a new bike through the Cyle to Work scheme (also delayed :rolleyes: ) and it will probably do me some good to get the extra exercise.

Will continue to push for the courtesy car, but I dont hold out much hope. Looking forward to getting my R around Easter... :grumpy:
birdman66
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

hi
My R has now been put back second week in january unconfirmed but i recieved my courtesy car today its a audi 20 tdi.

Birdman
Jim Mitch

Post by Jim Mitch »

Has anyone been offered a courtesy car by Wayside in MK? Would it be useful getting together a list of dealers who have offered this, given that there are lots of us waiting for long periods of time?
cirkz

Post by cirkz »

The dealership is irrelevant. The courtesy car is offered by VW customer service after the 20 week period!

Your entitled to it! If you dealership tells you otherwise- give them hell!
Jim Mitch

Post by Jim Mitch »

I would have thought it would be at the discretion of the individual dealer rather than something that happens "as of right". Isnt it something they would offer to encourage you not to cancel the order, rather than an entitlement?

VWUK may make a car available to the dealer for this purpose, but I presume it's primarily up to the dealer to arrange this. I guess you might be able to assist in this process by speaking to VWCS directly, but even then I would not have thought that a customer is entitled to it?

Was just wondering who the most helpful dealers might be...
cirkz

Post by cirkz »

Well of course they are not going to offer it to you unless you come forward and request it!

When I spoke to my dealership- all they did was go to VW customer service as it is they who arrange it!

They will give you 2 options! Either drive a car supplied by VW (likely to be a Polo) or they will give you the option to use a rental car from either Europcar or National (can't remember which one)!

You are entitled to it because they have failed to deliver a car when they stated, thus causing you great inconvenience!
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

My dealer was very helpful on this matter. Organised with VW UK to provide a car, bang on 22 weeks (due to a factory shut down being deducted from the wait) I had a Europcar for the long term. So now been rolling around in a Skoda Octavia for the last month.

The dealer should have no issue with it bearing in mind it is paid for by VWUK. I would suggest if you have a part exchange then you go down the route of telling the dealer you are trying to help them by stopping any further deterioration of your current drive's residuals. A potential loss of Pound notes generally make people listen.