Has your Scirocco ever been 'papped'

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Grampa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Has your Scirocco ever been 'papped'

Post by Grampa »

Pulled up in a car park tonight and whilst I was waiting for someone to move so I could get into a space, a complete stranger came up to me and asked if he could take a photo of the car. I've had a few nice looking cars, but this is a first for me.

Ever happened to you?
nd10

Re: Has your Scirocco ever been 'papped'

Post by nd10 »

No but everyone who I know who has seen my car always says 'nice car' at the very least.
micke_011
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Euro + Sports packages, RCD510, 2 Zone Clima

Post by micke_011 »

Every now and then I get the "nice car, what is it?" or just a "nice car" or thumbs up from people I never seen before. Quite rare around here..
Candy White 1.4 TSI 160 - DSG, ACC, 18" Interlagos (Euro Premium&Sport packs), Alu Door Sills, Current VCDS Mods Needle Sweep, Cornering Fog Lights, Alarm Chirp, Emergency Break Warning, Dension Gateway 5, sort of..
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

I've frequently had the 'nice car', 'I like the black wheels', 'I love the colour' (countered by, 'was that the only colour they had?' or 'have you gone colour blind?' - I guess Viper Green is a bit of a marmite colour), but as well as the photo request, the other first the Scirocco has brought for me is, 'how much did it cost?'
nosreap77
Options: leather, parking sensors. rns510, winter pack, bi xenons, GT Steering wheel badge, aluminum sill covers, Eibachs, k&n air filter

Post by nosreap77 »

it must be a viper thing ive had 2 people ask to take a photo of the car and once when i was sat in a coffe shop looking out at my car in the car park i had a group of japanese tourists going snap happy around the car id say there were at least 10 of them!!!
chr15
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

When I got it back in jan 09 it got so much attention! People talking to me about it and taking pics in petrol stations, out on the road, outside a pub, car parks. It took a few months to die down to be honest. Quite glad in a way.
albertz33
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

every time i go to KFC drive Thru ( which isnt that often before you start! ) girl on the counter always says 'i love your car'
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

albertz33 wrote:every time i go to KFC drive Thru ( which isnt that often before you start! ) girl on the counter always says 'i love your car'
I don't think that says much, coming from a girl who works at the KFC Drive through :P
Now a Proud Owner!
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

I've had glances at other cars,but this the first car ive had a car thats had people come outside to have a look at it and comment
feels good
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
albertz33
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

Ive mentioned this before, but its funny to come out of a shop etc, and see people hanging round your car, checking it out, i always hang back until they leave.
Richard A
Options: SatNav, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Bi-Xenons

Post by Richard A »

I have to admit to having a soft spot for Viper Green and always enjoy seeing them on the road. I did make a vague attempt to change to VG after my order was delayed...
speedy
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather,19's,Dyno,Parking sensors, Cruise

Post by speedy »

ive been waiting at a junction before, after just admiring a ferrari california down the road. a few kids took a phone out and started taking pics of my car, i was tempted to let them know where the real beauty was but just enjoyed the attention and kept the info to myself haha
danny-russell

Post by danny-russell »

albertz33 wrote:every time i go to KFC drive Thru ( which isnt that often before you start! ) girl on the counter always says 'i love your car'
Id love for her to knock me up a zinger tower im starving!
Superman_Dan
Options: 18" Dotz, Lowered with Sport Spring Set, Performance Air Filter, Lower Engine Mount, Bluefin, High Gloss Black Front/Back Badges, De-badging On Rear, Osir Design Orbit LED Red Gear Knob, Stainless Steel Scirocco Tread Plates, Metal Pedals,

Post by Superman_Dan »

yeh sitting at James Park in London and a load of tourists appeared from no where, next thing i know most of them are taking photo's of me in my car lol
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

Whilst waiting at a junction the other day a car passed with a teenager hanging out of the passenger window making, 'I bow down before thee' gestures!
Actus Reus

Post by Actus Reus »

Never been photographed, but compared to my Boxster the 'Roc gets a lot more positive attention, mainly from younger members of the public, by which I mean 16 - 20. I think it's acceptably cool and good looking, without having a flash badge. I'm not complaining - makes a nice change from having people shout 'W*****r!' at me, just coz I drove a Porsche.
Most attention any car has ever had was my Mini Cooper though - I was amongst the first owners in the UK and it would literally stop traffic; very satisfying to come back to it once in W1 and find it surrounded by a huge crowd of people all looking in the windows and having their photos taken with it!
pimp my roc
Options: Panna,truffle,winter pack

Post by pimp my roc »

Hey Actus nice to see you over here as well as on Boxa.net, I was one of the first to get a Scirocco (Oct 2008) and the attention back then was incredible especially at petrol stations, everyone wanted to talk to me about it ( I just told them it was a Golf in a party frock) it still gets more looks that my Boxster though!!!

Pimp my Roc (Pimp my Box on Boxa.net and Pimp my Vit on the old Triumph site)
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

Actus Reus wrote:Most attention any car has ever had was my Mini Cooper though - I was amongst the first owners in the UK
Same here - once while mine was still very new, I parked on the forecourt of a large Ford dealer (a client) - when the manager came out of the meeting with me, the place was deserted apart from the receptionist. "Where's everyone gone?" he asked.
"They're all outside looking at that Mini."
When we got outside, literally everyone in the place, sales, mechanics, back office, were all there having a nose at it.

No one ever asked if they could take a photo though.
Norgate
Options: Leather, winter & Xenons, Dynaudio, parking sensors and CCS.

Post by Norgate »

yeah always get asked by people saying can i have a look as im thinking of getting one. Must admit great car to getting the ladies to look over specially the fact it has bi-xenons makes it look that little bit meaner
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

cinema car park after back to the future my mate took a photo of the front of the car, does that count?!