Rear View Camera

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
mickwillow
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by mickwillow »

So guy's have we got a total price of this :cool2: mod yet :yes:
DAR

Post by DAR »

Few pics. First is not the best, but you get the idea.

Integrates really well with the rear sensors.

Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Nice , any with bumper off ?
DAR

Post by DAR »

I have, but need to get them off Steve's SD card. The bumper removal is a piece of cake. about a dozen screws, both rear lights, wiring plug, and a trim removal tool should see you right.

For the cutting of the hole, I used an old sheet metal tool I had. Basically a hand held miller/Router, bit beefier than a Dremel, spins faster too.

I took it virtually all the way with this and then got a file or two out, and got it to fit really well, nice push fit, cut a notch out for the locking tab, with a Dremel, which is better for intricate work. Nothing to it really.
DAR

Post by DAR »

mickwillow wrote:So guy's have we got a total price of this :cool2: mod yet :yes:
Provided you have the RNS, or have a TV in port on the RCD (not all do), not too much. I will get a costing together when i find the receipts!
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Here you go, some pics from today :)

And some more of the car in bits as part of the bluetooth and camera hardwiring into the fuse box.

Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Good pics, now when's mine LOL
peter.vw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Reversing aid, Paneramic glass roof, Folding mirrors, Tire flat indicator, mats, Smokers pack

Post by peter.vw »

DAR wrote:
mickwillow wrote:So guy's have we got a total price of this :cool2: mod yet :yes:
Provided you have the RNS, or have a TV in port on the RCD (not all do), not too much. I will get a costing together when i find the receipts!

is the only way to know that on an RCD has a TV input is to remove it or is there any other way. thanks
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

peter.vw wrote:
DAR wrote:

is the only way to know that on an RCD has a TV input is to remove it or is there any other way. thanks
That's the only 100% way I know of at present.
DAR

Post by DAR »

Camera 5K 0980551 RRP is £154.60
Aerial Wire (not sure why they call it that!) 5M 1970161 AC RRP £33.18

Then you need the camera housing, and 'L' Shaped retainer (both Bentley parts about £15 each) and a few repair wires etc to make up the Plug and play reverse signal loom)

All Plus Vat.

I reckon we could knock out a 'kit' for around £270-280. Fitting is extra.

Fitting is about 2 -3 hours. I am making a 1/4" thick Stainless template, this will allow us to clamp it to the bumper, and drill/mill the square aperture for the camera in seconds few.
Galbyl

Post by Galbyl »

Do someone have a picture of the original camera (1K8980551) connectors?
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

DAR wrote: Then you need the camera housing, and 'L' Shaped retainer (both Bentley parts about £15 each)...
Any chance You have the parts numbers for these?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

bianco wrote:
DAR wrote: Then you need the camera housing, and 'L' Shaped retainer (both Bentley parts about £15 each)...
Any chance You have the parts numbers for these?

The codes are in this very thread at least 3 times that I have just seen lol

3W0 807 210 B - Support for reversing camera £10.02
3w0 807 151 - end cap for vehicles £14.32
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Hey guys,

Just had a though today. This morning when I went to the car, it was covered in ice and dew, meaning all the side windows had to be scraped / squeeged. As I want to fit the RVC to my Rocco when it arrives, but knowing that unlike the one on the Golf, the lens is exposed all the time, does the camera always need wiping down each morning in the winter, or is it immune from condensation with it being so low down ?
DAR

Post by DAR »

Mine gets washed every week, and I haven't noticed any problems. I heard the other day of a Golf MK6 variant camera motor burning out due to ice build up within the badge.

Not hard to reach down and wip the lens with you finger to make sure though!
snake51

Post by snake51 »

Hello everyone,

I installed the OEM camera 5K0 with the cable 5M1.
I coded the camera in VCDS (module 37) : "Backup camera without control module".
I have OPS too.

Two little problem for me :

-The reverse camera doesn't start automatically. I have to activate it by a button in the OPS screen.

-When the camera is active, I have the left menu for OPS sensors but this space is empty. No car is displayed.

Thanks.
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

You need to code the park assist controller to tell it you have a camera as well.
snake51

Post by snake51 »

SteveP wrote:You need to code the park assist controller to tell it you have a camera as well.
Hello SteveP,

Thank you for your answer.

What do you mean by "to code the park assist controller"?

I believe that the coding of module 37 ("Backup camera without control unit") was sufficient.

What is the code? Where can I modify the code of the park assist controller?

That correct my 2 errors or just the second?

Thank you very much for your help.
snake51

Post by snake51 »

I found this on the web :

That's this coding that you told me?

However, if I put the reverse gear the rns510 doesn't switch automatically with rear camera view? Canbus problem? :?

Thanks.
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

^^^ That's the coding you need.

What firmware version do you have on your RNS-510?