Dealer has damaged my Scirocco - now I have crashed!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
adamj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Dealer has damaged my Scirocco - now I have crashed!

Post by adamj »

I am really not happy..

The front trim surrounding both front fog laps in the bumper and the plasic section in the middle needed replacing under warrenty on my Scirocco as the trim around the far side fog lamp wouldn't stay cliped in place.

The dealer ordered the trim 2 weeks ago and I didn't hear anything, so after 4 phones calls from me and them not returning my calls I finally spoke to them who confirmed they had the trim in (just hadn't let me know) and I could book it in. They said it would take 30 minutes to do, I questioned if the bumper had to come off following a post I read on here and the girl assured me it wouldn't.

So I go in this morning as arranged about 30 minutes later a white faced guy comes out and says they have damaged my car while lifting it up on the ramps. I went to look and it has a dent in the sill under the drivers door so it hasn't been put on the ramps correctly - luckliy it is only the sill but it now has to go into a bodyshop to be fixed. On top of this the bumper does also have to come off to fit the trim as I suggested.

They did appologise about the damage and gave me a Tigun or whatever it is to use untill my car is fixed - problem is when I drove off in it all the airbag fault lights came on. So I went straight back refusing to drive it untill it was sorted or they gave me another car.

I am really unhappy about them damaging my car it could of been worse but it is very very sloppy :grumpy: :mad: :mad:

The repair had better be spot on..........
Last edited by adamj on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Re: Dealer has damaged my Scirocco

Post by albertz33 »

What dealer did you use?

I have found that they can vary massivley even in the same city. Theres no excuse for damaging your car while lifting it up on the ramp thats just lack of care.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sorry to hear that keep us posted
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
adamj
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

I have taken this part out naming the dealer - given the events of today.
Last edited by adamj on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rehmondo
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

When fitting the Mudflaps on my car myself, a mate of mine took me to his mates garage, they were able to put it on the ramp without any problems at all, I guess if you know what your doing! VW after sales at its best!
adamj

Re: Dealer has damaged my Scirocco - now I have crashed!

Post by adamj »

What a day.

I have had a crash in the Tiguan courtesy car today.

Basically I was on route to the bodyshop where my Rocco was to get my ipod and garage remote which I forgot to take yesterday.

I was on a unfamiluar road and I didn't see a junction as it wasn't clearly marked and I had flashing sunlight infront of me. As a result I hit the side of a CLK which spun infront of me. Thank god the people in the CLK were ok and I wasn't hurt. The Police came and they arn't going to investigate as so far its a no injury accident. If they get a call tomorrow from the people I hit saying they have developed injury then it will have to be investingated and I could be in trouble.

I am absolutly gutted can't belive this has happened but I guess the main thing is I didn't hurt anyone.

It will have to go through the dealers insurance so I have informed them and will be speaking to them Monday. I guess even though I am not claiming on my insurance the fact I have had an accident will affect my premium. I have £250 excess on the dealers insurance which I guess I have to pay.

Do you think it would be cheeky to ask the dealer for another car? I am without now untill I get my Rocco back. Guess I can't be too hard on them denting my car now seeing the damage on their car - allthough this whole situation would of been avoided if they hadn't damaged my car in the first place :mad: :mad:

I am going to get very drunk tonight and keep my fingers crossed tomorrow....
steve
In: Sumatra
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

Bad luck mate... these things do happen though.

Just make sure you keep a straight face when you ask for another courtesy car!
adamj

Post by adamj »

Here are some pics

This is the junction, keep in mind I had flashing sunlight comming from the left and the lack of "give way" signs

This is the aftermath :(

The otherthing is I am confused as to why the airbag in my car didn't go off? The side airbag in the CLK deployed but nothing in the VW.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Not having much luck mate. Main thing is nobody was hurt, bent metal can be straightened.
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

Musn't have been a big enough impact to set the airbags off, the car obviously decided so anyway. It normally takes a pretty heavy front impact to set them off, and since you hit a soft object (the side of the merc) it musn't have been enough.

You're right, it's not well signposted (or even at all) , easy to miss road markings in dazzling sun, especially if the roads wet. Looks like an indutrial estate.
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

Did you still manage to get fixed up with a new bed? :)
bungle
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

A bit of T Cut should get that out. Park up nose first against a wall at the dealership when you go to get your 'roc. No one will notice................ :magnify:
Last edited by bungle on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bungle
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

................On a more serious note adam. I've shown this picture to my wife, who is a bobby. Her immediate reaction is that the lack of proper signage at the junction is a real issue here. She would consider it highly, highly unlikely that any action would be taken against you once this was pointed out to the authorities. Might be worth pursuing this a bit to cover yourself. eg, contact local highways dept and get someone down their to have a look.

As has been said though, fortunately, no one was injured, it's only metal and money. And at least it wasn't the 'roc having a big front ender....
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

Bad luck mate, at least everyone is okay, and the whole chain of events was started off by them damaging your Roc, so yeah, get another car, their insured anyway.
wigit

Post by wigit »

adamj sorry to hear about this take car fella
shooms
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Post by shooms »

Unlucky mate :(

Although the give way / stop road markings are there I would say the coucil is at fault here for not putting up clear 'give way' signs... worth taking up via your insurer ?
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

These things happen, just be thankful all parties involved walked away from it and be grateful that you weren't in your Scirocco.
Last edited by rehmondo on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamj

Post by adamj »

Thank you for all your support and advice.

Thanks Bungle for yours and your wife's advice its much appreciated.

I am still a bit shaky today and kept dreaming about it last night. Went for a drive yesteday afternoon in my Mums car and I think I drove about 20 miles per hour!

I guess two things are important, firstly no one was hurt and secondly I wasn't in my Scirocco.

I just want my Scirocco back now :( :( :(
DavidH
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

It's probably just the stress of the whole headache surrounding the incident (the embarrassment of having to tell the dealer for one thing).

I had a brake servo fail a few years ago, and i had dreams about not being able to stop in time for ages, even though i've plenty of racing accidents that didn't bother me one jot. The subconcious is wierd. Get yourself to the doc for some propranolol or similar if it persists.
wigit

Post by wigit »

adamj take a bot of time after a shunt, not helped by the issues with the roc, confidence will come back but takes a bit of time