Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jane
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by Jane »

Ordered mine 15th November 09' - collected 30th March 2010
robrain
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Summary updated with recent posts.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
wavodavo
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

Mine is at week 45 unconfirmed now. The delay on the R's is because of a fire at one of the suppliers - 6 months plus lead times.
blakest
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

Hi all just an update, told VW to stick their car up their *R*se and got my deposit back, took the pi$$ long enough, o well their loss VW must have enough money, recession what recession will part with my hard earned money at BMW blakest signing off . Good luck all :no:
panhandle
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

I have just ordered mine via a leasing company who quoted 5 months (February) but after reading this forum I think I might be lucky to get it before the summer :(
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

sadly scirocco R's are coming in at longer leadtimes panhandle :( not good I know but keep chasing there are a few others in the Scirocco R section who are still waiting that will keep you company

S
robrain
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

And to prove Trix's point, here are a few friends to keep you company.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Blah had the call from my dealer now back to unconfirmed wk48.
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Update

Post by LadyRocR »

Hi all

Dealer texted me to say that my car is in final production! It is built!

am going in to sort trade in/ payment in the next week or 2 so should have my car by the end of this month! that will be 12 months since i sat in the dealer and signed the order!

Am VERY excited now :hyper: and still have yet to see one in the flesh so there seems to be a severe lack of Rs on my patch! Even better!

LadyRocR
xxx
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Update, called in to see the dealer this morning confirmed build week 44 and delivery November, originally ordered 8th May.
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Re: Update

Post by Vibester »

LadyRocR wrote:Hi all

Dealer texted me to say that my car is in final production! It is built!

am going in to sort trade in/ payment in the next week or 2 so should have my car by the end of this month! that will be 12 months since i sat in the dealer and signed the order!

Am VERY excited now :hyper: and still have yet to see one in the flesh so there seems to be a severe lack of Rs on my patch! Even better!

LadyRocR
xxx

Good news that you have finally had some progress. - I dont think i would have as much will power to hold on that long, in fact I am sure my dealer is probably sick of me asking when it will be built!
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Vibester cant PM yet not enough posts! I'm based near Chelmsford if that's any help.
Happywanderer
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Happywanderer »

Can anyone clear up something for me please? Is all this talk about lengthy lead times only on the 'R' model or is it also affecting the other Scirocco models? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm new here and am trying to work out if I'm being taken for a bit of a ride.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:welcome:
R's are (supposed to be) a limited edition model but are also delayed due to a fire at a subsupplier (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hilit=fire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) there are impacts on the other models due to DSG gearboxes in short supply and possibly
this

as you have ordered a manual box with diesel I don't see any reason that you should have any major delays, head on over to What's your build date where you will be able to see how your order date and delivery estimate sits with other non R orders

S
Happywanderer

Post by Happywanderer »

trix wrote::welcome:
R's are (supposed to be) a limited edition model but are also delayed due to a fire at a subsupplier (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hilit=fire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) there are impacts on the other models due to DSG gearboxes in short supply and possibly
this

as you have ordered a manual box with diesel I don't see any reason that you should have any major delays, head on over to What's your build date where you will be able to see how your order date and delivery estimate sits with other non R orders

S
Thank you very much for your help :)
Happywanderer

Post by Happywanderer »

Just by way of an update, I spoke to VW Customer Service today and was told that the lead time on non-DSG models is 20 weeks, or 5 months!!!!
Gronk
Options: Bluetooth, cruise, metallic

Post by Gronk »

Happywanderer wrote:Just by way of an update, I spoke to VW Customer Service today and was told that the lead time on non-DSG models is 20 weeks, or 5 months!!!!
:eek: is that a particular engine / spec or all models?
cirkz

Post by cirkz »

I gave up waiting on an 'R' and picked up a GT instead. I had ordered the R in June'10 and had a provsional build date of February'11. Gave up waiting by October'10. Pleased with my decision though as the GT is still a nice car and I save myself some £££ aswell!
Mark
Options: reverse sensors, leather, panoramic roof, folding mirrors

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll

Post by Mark »

I ordered a Scirocco R with DSG, PANORAMIC ROOF, LEATHER, REVERSE SENSORS & FOLDING MIRRORS at the end of August, could anybody cheer me up by giving me some positive news on expected delivery dates, the dealer cant so i thought they may be someone out there whos got one on order and knows when its coming, i'm just a impatient 19 yr old who cant wait to show it off to the chicks!!
adders
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey
Options: Posh Mats

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll

Post by adders »

19 and Scirocco R you luck so and so. I orderd 3 weeks ago 2l 140 GT with DSG and i might have to wait till March. From what i've seen on here and other sites it could be a problem with a sortage of DSG's