Luganos

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
suli_din
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Electric mirrors 19" Lugano wheels

Luganos

Post by suli_din »

Hi,

Becoming a serial threader now.

Just wanted to see if anyone got any clear pics of Luganos, preferrable on a black scirocco.

Also, if this affects the overall ride, not sure what profile tyres come standard with the Luganos.

Thanks.
BadBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Re: Luganos

Post by BadBoy »

235/35/19 you will feel the bumps more than the 18's
suli_din

Post by suli_din »

Great, thanks! Been searching all over for a pic.

Looks sweet.

U driven one with Luganos before? Considering maybe just going for interlagos instead if rides gonna be really affected by it.

Plus potholes in Glasgow are everywhere, prob get ruined real soon.
suli_din

Post by suli_din »

Another question, maybe if someone has a black scirocco with the interlagos with same side view as above pic, a good comparison can be made!!
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

Not my car btw, just a picture I have found

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
BadBoy
Options: 210BHP, Pano Roof, Leather, Rear Sensors, Cruise, TPMS in GBox, Mats, Interlagos & Luganos.

Custom
Red Footwell Lighting, Alloy pedals, Pentagon Tints, HK sills, V3 LED DRLs, Rear LED Plate Lights, Covered Cup Holder to be fitted

Post by BadBoy »

I have only test driven one with the luganos and I did feel the bumps more and as you say Glasgow is a nightmare for them. However, I still ordered a seperate set :)

BTW thats MB's car and it is lowered 35mm all round.
BadBoy

Custom

Post by BadBoy »

fun meter
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: MY12, 19" wheels, Leather, RNS510, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium mats, MDI...

Post by fun meter »

Little bit more bumpy on 19's. But If anything I prefer having more feel of the road surface. Probably find you'll use Comfort ACC most the time though, simply because our roads are crap, nothing to do with the car.

Also depends if its the sort of thing that will eat away at you. As I say, Im fine with it. But I could see how people who do more miles on not so great A roads may not.
suli_din

Post by suli_din »

I guess I can put up with...

Not doin many miles mainly city driving, an odd long journey here and there.

Just need to be careful about kerbing the wheels my streets tight as anything and kerbing can easily be done!
arlurt
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Changes will be made...
Puddle lights, Cruise and Reversing Camera on the cards.

Post by arlurt »

I'm on my second Scirocco, the first had the 17" Donningtons, this one has 19" Luganos.

The thing that you'll really notice is the awful "BANG" when you do hit the water filled pot-hole that you thought was just a puddle. The roads round here (North Yorkshire) were really bad in February and March, with the surface breaking up in that long cold spell that we had. I've tyre sidewall damage from pot-holes just because there isn't much rubber between the rim and the road to absorb the shock.

Another point to bear in mind is that the same lack of sidewall rubber means there's very liitle protection of the rims against parking damage. The design of the wheels, no lip on the outer edge of rim means that any damage is easily caused and obvious.

I've bought a set of 17" Donningtons for this winter and will put the Luganos away until it's all over. I'd intended to fit M&S tyres (that's Mud and Snow, not Marks and Spencer!) as well but the wheels turned out to be new, with new Bridgestones fitted. When I've worn them out I'll go for proper winter tyres too.

The Luganos do look good, and on decent roads they feel good too.
suli_din

Post by suli_din »

To be honest mate I am getting the car on contract hire, so with wheels getting damaged will be a worry as I'd probably get charged for scruffs and dents on the wheels. Also I'm not sure what sort of charges will be applicable or if I can get the wheels fixed myself, but not sure of how much this will cost as well...?
Grampa
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Post by Grampa »

suli_din wrote:To be honest mate I am getting the car on contract hire, so with wheels getting damaged will be a worry as I'd probably get charged for scruffs and dents on the wheels. Also I'm not sure what sort of charges will be applicable or if I can get the wheels fixed myself, but not sure of how much this will cost as well...?
Had scuffs on all the wheels on my previous Astra (on contract hire), one quite bad . The car was otherwise in immaculate condition, way above what they would normally expect to get back (their words not mine). A couple of weeks later I had a bill for the scuffed wheel - I politely suggested that they might like to tear it up if they wanted me to continue as one of their customers. They readily agreed.

One thing with the Luganos, the tyres are proud of the rim, so not as easily damaged as some 35 profile shod wheels.
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

arlurt wrote:I'm on my second Scirocco, the first had the 17" Donningtons, this one has 19" Luganos.

The thing that you'll really notice is the awful "BANG" when you do hit the water filled pot-hole that you thought was just a puddle. The roads round here (North Yorkshire) were really bad in February and March, with the surface breaking up in that long cold spell that we had. I've tyre sidewall damage from pot-holes just because there isn't much rubber between the rim and the road to absorb the shock.

Another point to bear in mind is that the same lack of sidewall rubber means there's very liitle protection of the rims against parking damage. The design of the wheels, no lip on the outer edge of rim means that any damage is easily caused and obvious.

I've bought a set of 17" Donningtons for this winter and will put the Luganos away until it's all over. I'd intended to fit M&S tyres (that's Mud and Snow, not Marks and Spencer!) as well but the wheels turned out to be new, with new Bridgestones fitted. When I've worn them out I'll go for proper winter tyres too.

The Luganos do look good, and on decent roads they feel good too.
This.

The biggest downside for me is the lack of sidewall, all but one of my rims are kerbed now. I have a parallel park on the right hand side of the road so can't make use of mirror down, this ends up with sometimes kissing the kerb, which invariably ends up with the rim being damaged. Compare that to the 17s on my Audi, not one rim was kerbed in 3 years.
arlurt
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Changes will be made...
Puddle lights, Cruise and Reversing Camera on the cards.

Post by arlurt »

There's no doubting that they look great, and on a good surface the car is more communicative through the steering wheel as well.