New/pre-reg GT's with 17 inch wheels

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tallguy

New/pre-reg GT's with 17 inch wheels

Post by Tallguy »

VW dealers have been offering the above recently. My understanding is they are otherwise UK spec and represent a cancelled leasing company order for several hundred cars.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Re: New/pre-reg GT's with 17 inch wheels

Post by skippy »

Yes - I was offered one of these, called "PAC" cars or something, but I quickly went off the idea when I heard they had 17" wheels. Although cheaper, I was concerned that other items of kit could be different, so stayed clear.
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

Were they being offered at a decent discount over the usual discounts you can get?
chr15
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

The broker I got my car through said he could get a very large discount on them, not sure how much it would be though.
TurboTrev
In: Deep Black

Post by TurboTrev »

£18,995, or £19,995 with leather at Pulman, Durham. They are alledgedly UK spec apart from the wheels.
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

Are there any Diesel ones??
cole trickle
Options: Anthracite leather, Sat Nav, Parking sensors, VW mats, cruise control, Revo remap, Sachs clutch and Quaife LSD

Post by cole trickle »

i had a look at a couple of these at Wayside in Milton Keynes. A GT with 17s, leather and either rising blue or reflex silver was £19,100 I think. decided to go for an ex-demo in the end with better spec and the 18s.
'Rubbin' son is racing'
tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

My dealer mentioned this aswell but TBH there's no way I could live without the 18" Interlagos wheels. They look amazing on the car and I guess it would probably cost well over £1k to buy them and wheels seperately! Could be a good deal if you're planning on changing the stock wheels as soon as you get the car though I guess?
biglol
In: Reflex Silver

Post by biglol »

I've got one coming next weds on a two year business lease. £225 a month, too cheap to turn down. I've been promised the spec is the same as uk but 17" wheels and the RCD510.

I'll put something on here when it comes.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

get it debadged, everyone will thin you've got a 1.4 under the hood and surprise em :D
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
brightspark
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: rear sensors. foc>auto glym, mudflaps,mats + ftf

Post by brightspark »

biglol wrote:I've got one coming next weds on a two year business lease. £225 a month, too cheap to turn down. I've been promised the spec is the same as uk but 17" wheels and the RCD510.

I was told by a vw dealer they are miss-build cars !! wrong alloys fitted, everything else is standard GT trim plus extras
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

brightspark wrote:
biglol wrote:I've got one coming next weds on a two year business lease. £225 a month, too cheap to turn down. I've been promised the spec is the same as uk but 17" wheels and the RCD510.

I was told by a vw dealer they are miss-build cars !! wrong alloys fitted, everything else is standard GT trim plus extras
???? :? ????
biglol
In: Reflex Silver

Post by biglol »

Wrong alloys fitted?

Mmmmmm.

Cant see that being right
SuperJB
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

I read somewhere that they ran short of Interlagos 18" wheels so built up a batch with different wheels and sold them to the dealers at a discount. My local dealer has three of them, all with leather, up at £19,900.

like someone else said, I didn't realise they had the wrong wheels when I first went to see them, and lost interest. However I did talk numbers with the dealer. They must be dying to shift them, as I was called back the next day and offered the car at the same price but with Interlagos 18" wheels off a low mileage demonstrator!

So...I pick mine up tomorrow. I can't see any other spec differences and I have been assured there aren't any so there will be trouble if this turns out to be incorrect! However I will post back and let you know more when I get my mits on it.

PS: New to SciroccoCentral, Hi all!
SuperJB
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

Photos now added to the SC gallery. Still haven't found any differences in the spec yet...
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

The VW dealer in Liverpool has a few of those. I was confused when I saw them at first!

I don't think the wheels look too bad, but I do prefer the 18" - least the tyres on the 17" will be cheaper ;)
sotonjoe

Post by sotonjoe »

Looks like I should have hunted this thread out before posting about the Scirocco I was offered ... sorry!