Its Here!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Blue Meanie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: panoramic roof, cruise control and i dont know what else yet!
Got a cool keyring...does that count?

Re: Its Here!

Post by Blue Meanie »

Update No 3. :grumpy:

No contact at all today disprite assurance...

Called dealer at 6pm and was told the following...

VW :D : 'the part we have sent for has been installed and has apparantly had no effect, the technician believes this new part may also be faulty. Therefore a new part has been ordered and we will try this tomorrow...first thing'

ME :? : So the part that has limited failiure has failed twice...in succession.

VW :D : Well the technician has to try it.

ME :( : And should that not work?

VW :D : We will then of discounted that it is this part in malfunction. In which case we believe it is a coding issue and we will then take a different course of action, unfortunatly until then theres nothing i can do so i will call you back tomorrow and update you.

ME :cry: : Thank you

Soooooo...i have a feeling this is bo**cks and they dont know what the problem is...

So not the positive outcome i anticipated... getting angry now...What course can i now take?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

gareth&han wrote:What course can i now take?
being realistic for a second;
1) they have only had the car for 2 working days currently, when they have had it for a week then you begin to have a feasible arguement one persons car was with their VW dealership for the much greater part of their first 3 months of ownership last year iirc
2) potentially it could be a faulty batch of parts, it does happen
3) the technicians do not know these cars to the absolute nth degree of detail (much like the salesmen not knowing everything about the specs of the cars they are selling) they also have to relay and be advised on the course of action to take by VW UK because its warranty work
4) i'm amazed there was still someone there at 6pm for you to speak to!
5) get used to them not calling back when they say they will
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

realism, context and spending money...

1. Thats terrible but someone elses misfortune and a dealer holding 'their' car for X amounts of months doesnt amount to a benchmark for what i'd see as something acceptable. 2 days for me is enough to at least have a reasonable direction and understanding of an issue on a 6hr old car...for me anyway.
2. I would agree and this could be a real possibility considering the people stating similar issues compounded by the fact the the second item installed may be faulty.
3. As per 'Item 1' for me the nth degree isnt really what ive asked for or required...what i dont want to hear is 'to be honest we dont know'. To date the best and most considered response has been off a MODERATOR from this website.
4. There there till 7 or 8 i believe (not the tech guys)... no different to id guess the majority of people on this site i'd guess?
5. Really, thats quite shocking! ...but if i have a problem at work and i tell a client i will call them back, i do this out of a duty of care to my client and common courtesy? lol

But ermmmm thanks for the ...help lol
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Given the Steering Controller module (Ref.: J527) spare replacement has come a different source on demand ie. VW(UK). Its a different age of stock to the factory. So I would not expect the same fault. It would point to more of a power failure or broken connection or a problem possibly with the output of the Onboard Supply Unit - J519.

What drives J527's power is the Onboard Supply Control Unit -J519. Have they done the basics on this. Push back pin(s) in connectors on the supply ie. J519's T52c/13 (Blue/Black wire) to J527's T16l/14 (black wire).
Or a loom fault as there is an in-line splice connection inside the loom that could be badly made. This is where the Blue/Black wire joins the black wire and one other black wire from J519's T52c/14.

Loosing this power supply would knock out your list of problems. Only a couple of things that don't fit. The ignition switch & indicators go through the J527 controller and you are not reporting a failing to start problem/failed indicators?????

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
stuaz
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

gareth&han wrote:realism, context and spending money...

1. Thats terrible but someone elses misfortune and a dealer holding 'their' car for X amounts of months doesnt amount to a benchmark for what i'd see as something acceptable. 2 days for me is enough to at least have a reasonable direction and understanding of an issue on a 6hr old car...for me anyway.
2. I would agree and this could be a real possibility considering the people stating similar issues compounded by the fact the the second item installed may be faulty.
3. As per 'Item 1' for me the nth degree isnt really what ive asked for or required...what i dont want to hear is 'to be honest we dont know'. To date the best and most considered response has been off a MODERATOR from this website.
4. There there till 7 or 8 i believe (not the tech guys)... no different to id guess the majority of people on this site i'd guess?
5. Really, thats quite shocking! ...but if i have a problem at work and i tell a client i will call them back, i do this out of a duty of care to my client and common courtesy? lol

But ermmmm thanks for the ...help lol
Hey Gareth,

I share your pain I really do - from waiting 3 months to having a car built that is not what I ordered, I to have had my fair share of dealing with VW both at a dealership and HQ level. While I may not be able to give as technical answer as RW1 above. I do believe you should give the dealership a chance. 2 days to try and isolate and fix a problem isn't really being that realistic. I know from experience in these cases, everything has to be confirmed with HQ before they can do anything (As its a warranty case) so its a lot of forward and backwards. And of course your not the only car they have I would imagine!

Also, like trix said surprised they are there that late lol.

i do understand your frustration, having waited so long only for it to be broke. But I do believe you may need to reset your expectations, otherwise I feel you may be disappointed further.

But if after that you still feel your being let down you can obviously try complaining to the BM.

Just my two cents, no offence intended :)

Do keep us updated though :yes:
Now a Proud Owner!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Thanks RW,

No start problems at all, no indicator problems that i was aware of?

Theyve not mentioned much other than... 'It may be a coding problem..sigh...that then takes us down a different route'... is that serious, difficult, what?

I will ask of them tomorrow if there looking at the hard wiring of the vehicle.

Much Appreciated!
Nornironman
Options: GT options Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Hill hold, Tyre Sensors, Sat Nav. Cruise control, telephone prep

Post by Nornironman »

.... Gareth... here's crossing the fingers you get resolution today.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Hi Stuaz,

Really dont know how you coped... basically ive just had 8 years of good and 2 years of hellish motoring in my 206 before it completly died! Since i graduated from uni my target has always been a nice shiney new car! I also walked (not throu being green) for 5 months and used public transport because i wanted to appreciate it more lol...Public transport Stu...i mean come on it changes you! lol

My frustrations are purely with there lack of knowledge and imparting of information rather than the people themselves who i did suggest earlier have been top notch... but come on really i shouldnt have to be getting a 'knowing considered' response on here should i? This is just compounded by how hard it is to save and pay for this, all things am sure you felt to a greater degree!

Am sure they'll get to the bottom of it eventually but i have a weekend in the highlands from this thursday all programmed round the car and it looks like am taking the Polo...

On a happier not i picked some family up (supposed to be in the Roc) and had a vomitting accident which the polo took for the team...so swings and roundabouts eh! :D

let ya know how it goes!

Gareth
Luke
Options: GT spec w/Parking sensors & OEM carpet mats.

Post by Luke »

That really is a bit upsetting. After wanting one of these cars since release I can finally afford one & its on its way to the dealers now I hope.
At least the car has a warranty & they are sorting it through the warranty, but there is always going to be a catch 22.
On the brightside you will get the car back & all will be fine fingers crossed. You were lucky to get the Polo & even luckier it took one for the team.

It sounds like it could be a common fault now so unless a fix is issued to dealers asap I think i'm going to have the same problem.

Keep us updated with the solution.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Just had the call to come and get it!!!!!!

Hopefully ill get a reason too!
Nornironman
Options: GT options Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Hill hold, Tyre Sensors, Sat Nav. Cruise control, telephone prep

Post by Nornironman »

Blue Meanie wrote:Just had the call to come and get it!!!!!!

Hopefully ill get a reason too!

Bloody brilliant...... fantastic.

Now I need to know what was wrong!
caprinolaw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Post by caprinolaw »

I think you should probably cut the VW mechanics some slack when it comes to providing the most minute detail with problems they have found with any car.

1. The person you are speaking to on the phone probably isnt the same person who has been working on the vehicle so there may be a slight chinese whisper effect?
2. Mechanics wont assume they are speaking to mechanics so if you want details you need to probe them for them. Most mechanics are speaking to your average mum who doesnt care whats wrong as long as its fixed (which ironically suits the meaning of VW "Peoples Car").

Anyhow glad its fixed and hope you enjoy it! Mine arrives tomorrow morning!!!
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

ooooooooooooooooooooh it all works...

This best discribes the me right now-----------------> :hyper:

The reason it has happened is basically as RW had stated; failed controller unit ( :yes: well done RW)...the second one appeared to fix it but there was still operational problems so it has been re-coded? :shrug:

So now i get my planned weekend with the car dont have to cancel hotels and the suns back out (up here anyway)... I'll get some pics sorted this weekend and post them up!

:D sigh...
Luke
Options: GT spec w/Parking sensors & OEM carpet mats.

Post by Luke »

Glad its all back I'm sure you won't be the only one who has this problem.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Glad its sorted :yes:

A missing PM to this story before I posted more checks above...........
Re: Its Here...and Gone!
Sent: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:52 pm
To: Blue Meanie
Similar Probs?
Not to my knowledge.

The Scirocco's equipment including the MFSW are controlled by little brains. All hook up by what is called CANBUS technology ie common databus links. There is one for the steering wheel & column controls. May be its faulty. It may not be responding to re-programming in what they are installing for you.

Its known as Controller 16, and controls those functions that you have listed plus the rear wiper. From what I can see, the dealer programs it on delivery.

I may be that when they've tried to interrogate the controller its not responding. Unfortunate early failure. Not much else can knock out so much on the steering wheel area.
C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Hi Luke,

I wouldnt worry to much about it, seems pretty rare and unfortunate to be honest...

Dont let this cloud whats gonna be like christmas when you do recieve it!!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Glad it's fixed as they say

Go play
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Nornironman

Post by Nornironman »

Mine now fixed too. No new control unit, but a recoding done.

Now a lot lot happier!

Cheers guys
oda
Options: no options allowed...though i would love Dynaudio and Keyless...

Post by oda »

sorry for bumping this old thread, but does it only require a recoding or requires to change a new control unit? can we do it ourselves through the vagcom? thanks!