Convenience Menu - Mirror Down

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
NickO
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Panaromic Roof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, Boot Liner

Convenience Menu - Mirror Down

Post by NickO »

Hi,

I was reading the manual and there should be a "Mirror Down" option on the convenience menu, which basically if chosen will automatically tilt the passenger door mirror towards the kerb. A handy feature for keeping those alloys in mint condition :)

However, I have just gone out to give it a go, and the option is missing on my MFD :?

Anyone have any ideas?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Convenience Menu - Mirror Down

Post by wigit »

the function is not there, i checked and ran through it on the golf which apppears in the menu, vw have never said in specs its standard, not sure if it appears in the vagcom lists
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Its only with the memory seats i believe.

I'm gonna see if the modules can be coded to make it work.
robrob
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

Andy-GTI wrote:Its only with the memory seats i believe.
Which are not an option on the Scirocco...
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

robrob wrote:
Andy-GTI wrote:Its only with the memory seats i believe.
Which are not an option on the Scirocco...
Which does not mean the control modules cannot be roecoded to provide this function. . . .
NickO
Options: Truffle Leather, Panaromic Roof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, Boot Liner

Post by NickO »

Checked this out with the dealer last week. The "Mirror Down" option is only programmable with the Winter pack apparently.

Cheers
Nick
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Hi Nick, Does this mean if you spec folding mirrors with winter pack it will work ? Or will it still need coding?
Thanks
Martin :D
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit

Post by wigit »

it will need coding, as its not in the menu (as it is on golfs with the luxury pack)
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

andy wrote:it will need coding
How would one do that? do I need to take it into a dealer? How long would it take to do? (just wondering if they will charge and arm and a leg to do it...)
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I specced the winter pack and do have the option in the MFD to enable auto mirror adjust when selecting reverse. You also need to have the mirror adjust switch set to the L position for it to work. It the switch is in any other position the mirror doesn't move down.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
simmytt
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack,alloy pedals,

Post by simmytt »

i have the winter pack but no mirror adjust :( could it be in conjunction with another option maybe folding mirrors?.
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

i dont have winter pack, but i have xenons and mirror fold, and i have the mirror down option.

you select the mirror to the "L" position, then when in reverse, adjust the mirror to where you want it, then when you take it out of reverse it should go back to the origional position you had it at
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Looks like it could be part of the folding mirror option maybe?

rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I have Winter Pack as well as Folding Mirrors however I don't have mirror down option in the MFD, should I expect to see it there or should it just work?
wigit

Post by wigit »

maybe they've activated it on later cars or something, never said it did in the spec when ordering all be it manual does refer to it
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

rehmondo wrote:I have Winter Pack as well as Folding Mirrors however I don't have mirror down option in the MFD, should I expect to see it there or should it just work?
Yeah i have it listed in the MFD. Even though you can't see the option in the MFD it might still work. Put your mirror adjust button in the "L" position to control the left mirror then select reverse on the box. The left hand mirror should tilt down and then tilt back up when you select drive / neutral etc. The mirror adjust needs to be in the L position before selecting reverse. If this doesn't work on yours then it looks as though later cars have updated software or is the function linked to another option?? Perhaps the dealer can re-flash the MFD with a later revision of software for you???

A bit crude but you get the idea.......
mirrordown.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jonallen628 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

This has been covered in a previous thread. Some one suggested that it is available with the electric seats.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... rors#p4052
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

iroc wrote:This has been covered in a previous thread. Some one suggested that it is available with the electric seats.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... rors#p4052
I think we need Sherlock Holmes on the case as i don't have Electric seats.

rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Probably a firmware issue on the MFD, I'll ask the VW guy tomorrow when he comes to inspect the scrape on my car. I certainly don't have it in the menu checked a while back, and regardless of having mirror on L, nothing happens when I put it in reverse - I've tried moving it down manually as well but it didn't go back up when I put it back in Drive.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

haha :detect:

Perhaps it is a software update on later cars. :shrug: