iphone handsfree

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
VchrisW
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

iphone handsfree

Post by VchrisW »

Please tell me if there is another topic with this info in.

I'm enjoying the way I can control my iphone music from the stero, however I don't have hands free at the moment, I'm not keen on bluetooth headsets and would prefer a better solution, through the speakers etc. I don't want to spend a fortune but wondered if anyone has any recommendations of how I can achieve this with the existing kit in a Roc or by purchasing more?

Thanks
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: iphone handsfree

Post by trix »

probably Chris but we haven't got a recent good synopsis one I can find so here goes:

as you do not have anything in the way of phone prep currently (VW factory fit bluetooth) your options are;
- Parrot kit - has a separate screen that requires locating somewhere
- Bury kit (available from VW as a rebranded aftermarket retrofittable bluetooth) - as with the parrot kit is has a separate screen that requires wiring & fitting
- Fiscon which is fitted behind the radio & coded into the car, a mic is fitted at the top of the a pillar (speak to Richter Sport in MK)
- Skoda bluetooth which is the VW factory bluetooth but works as Bluetooth not just rsap but requires more constituent parts than fiscon (mic, wiring into headunit, box under passenger seat.. that I know of)

all are removeable the Parrot can be used in any car make as can the Bury I believe, Fiscon can be removed relatively easily & fitted in other VAG cars, the Skoda bluetooth I believe is removeable but probably requires most work to do so & not sure it can be used outside of VAG

hope that helps, will try to add some links to illustrate the above

S
VchrisW
In: Candy White

Post by VchrisW »

Thanks trix :)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

links;
Parrot: http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bury: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... +bluetooth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2 other useful links in that post)
Fiscon: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... _Bluetooth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =43&t=4024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skoda box & required accessories: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =25&t=4924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

good links, Trix.

Out of curiosity, can the Fiscon connect to more than one cell phone at a time?
Now a Proud Owner!
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

not as far as i'm aware but give the guys at richter a call as they should be able to advise one way or the other straight off the top of their heads i'd think.

S
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

Thanks Trix. Will do!
Now a Proud Owner!
mike-p

Post by mike-p »

The Fiscon unit can onlly be linked to 1 phone at time although it can be paired to multiple phones.
Life's too short to go slow

Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance 2.0CR
Revo, Steinbauer & Oscarli Dealer for Suffolk and N.Essex
BeanKa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, erm im going to have to check the rest!

Post by BeanKa »

Hello Trix and all!

I have an iPhone and am looking for a solution to linking my car to my iPhone

My car is a 58 Scirocco - and it supposedly has 'Telephone Prep'

A) i dont know how to tell if my car does.. (Yes i know thats really bad!)
B) What options do i have (if i do) that VchrisW would not by not having this?

Also what is the difference between 'Telephone Prep' and 'VW Premium Bluetooth'

I am completely confused and have read posts in the past, but still none the wiser!
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

telephone prep & premium bluetooth are the same thing I can't be bothered to write it out again & again ;)

um to see if your car does have it fitted.. have a look under the passenger seat, you should have a nokia box (possibly behind a carpet covered box?) or alternatively i'd say probably best to pop into the dealer & ask them to run a check on the plate/VIN on their system as it should say what the car was fitted with from the factory (explain the situation that you aren't sure) as the build sticker doesn't show everything for some random reason.

if it does have it fitted you can get the rsap/nokia box from under the passenger seat swapped out for the Skoda one (see links above - you would only need the box not the mic or wiring loom etc) not sure if VW would do this for you so you may need to source an independant to fit it

hope that helps

S
BeanKa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, erm im going to have to check the rest!

Post by BeanKa »

Lovely ill be getting on my hands and knees!