Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
peters
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: leather, parking sensors, sat nav, folding mirrors.

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by peters »

sorry to hear this ladyroc. Something clearly has gone amiss with you're order.
SeriouslyFrustrated
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by SeriouslyFrustrated »

I've not been on here before but started to think I was the only one that was being mucked around by VW in the long wait for the much anticipated VW Scirocco R. I ordered mine on 3 March on the basis of a 2 week wait for delivery. Two days later I got the call from VW that I would not take delivery of the car until the end of May 2010; not so bad, really. At the beginning of May I rang the dealer to check all was still on for the end of May and was told that, actually, things had changed and I was now looking at the end of July because of demand. Alright, I could put up with that. Heard nothing for weeks, despite demanding that my dealer contact me weekly with an update; by then the frustration levels were really beginning to kick in! Got on the phone to the dealer for an update and was told "I didn't know how to deliver the bad news....." I was livid, not only were they putting back delivery time to the end of September but the dealer hadn't even got the balls to call me to let me know!!!

Apparently the delay is because VW has decided to recall all of the DSG gearboxes on the R to put in brand spanking new ones.... and also because the manufacturer produce them one at a time and they undergo a rigorous review before being released into the wild to ensure that the build quality etc. etc. is top notch! To be honest, it all sounded like rubbish to me so I decided to check out the forums. I am seriously close to cancelling the car; is a VW worth all this bother?

Any help, advice, sympathy you can share?

Cheers
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

you have my sympathy.

but, i can't believe you thought it would be only a 2 week wait for delivery when u ordered in March? Did the dealer actually promise you that at the time? If so, you have to name and shame (especially with the excuse of having no balls to call you re bad news)

That is just shocking.

Not sure about DSG box recall is to do with it, lots of theories out there. The dealers aren't getting told much by VW it seems.

Some people have already been told its not sept/oct delivery. Some who ordered when the books opened, still don't have a BW confirmation and those I really do feel sorry for. I'm not sure I would have hung around waiting that long. Would have just jumped ship and bought something else.
peters

Post by peters »

Ordered in March, originally told delivery would be in June then July then August, and now got a build week for first week of November, so delivery will be December. Oh and btw mine is a manual. Got too see the funny side really. Any more delays and I'm going to give it to my eldest son for his 18th. He's 3 at the minute.
martinjrose
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

Yes I have to say, I understand the wait is aggravating and it really, really is.

But you have only been waiting since March, that really isn't to bad. I literally picked up mine last week and ordered on the 1st of November. Even worse is poor Ladyroc who ordered end of october and still has not even been given a build week.

So I understand your pain, but your know where near real pain yet.

Also I'm not sure who is more naive, you or the dealer for thinking you would have a new build in 2 weeks thats just outrageous.

Apologies for my bluntness. But that dealer would be getting a big piece of my mind along with the customer services here and in Germany.
SeriouslyFrustrated

I do really feel for the pain others are also experiencing waiting for their cars; I don't know if it makes it easier or harder to know I'm not the only one who is being mucked around by my VW dealer.

Re the 2 week wait, my dealer actually called me as I had told them a while back that I might be interested in the Scirocco R; they told me there were 2 cars available immediately in the colour and spec I wanted and that they could get me one of them in 2 weeks..... that was the only basis on which I ordered the car! Now I feel the dealer got me to sign up to a deal due to misrepresentation and, frankly, I am not at all happy with them and they have received a piece (or two) of my mind!

I am really close to cancelling but know the minute I see one on the roads I am going to want one........... they are beautiful cars.

I just was interested in other people's experiences as it helps to fuel my argument with the dealer. I won't name and shame the dealer because they also supply Audi, BMW, Merc, Porsche etc etc. and I don't want to make an enemy out of them (as they sell the nicest cars)..... product of living in a very small place!!
b0rk
In: Candy White
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

SeriouslyFrustrated wrote: Re the 2 week wait, my dealer actually called me as I had told them a while back that I might be interested in the Scirocco R; they told me there were 2 cars available immediately in the colour and spec I wanted and that they could get me one of them in 2 weeks..... that was the only basis on which I ordered the car!

I am really close to cancelling but know the minute I see one on the roads I am going to want one........... they are beautiful cars.

I just was interested in other people's experiences as it helps to fuel my argument with the dealer. I won't name and shame the dealer because they also supply Audi, BMW, Merc, Porsche etc etc. and I don't want to make an enemy out of them (as they sell the nicest cars)..... product of living in a very small place!!
Independent or one of the major groups? Personally I suspect most of the delivery issues are down to dealership allocations and dealers should IMHO be more honest over delivery dates at ordering. Some cars still appear to be coming through in 10 weeks or less whilst others have waited 30+ weeks.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

S'frustrated

do you have it in writing that you would take delivery of the car in 2 weeks or was it just a phone conversation? if you had it in writing (email) that would definitely fuel the arguement. Also have you taken it up with vw customer services?

S
peters

Post by peters »

I have taken the issue up with VW CS and whilst they are pleasant enough to deal with and actually quite sympathetic, they are not really managing to progress matters. They are aware that I am also a fleet buyer and now seriously p*ssed off, despite this they don't seem to be able to help. No VW should have a lead time of 9 months.
I am guessing that they have either taken far too many orders accross Europe or they have problems with manufacture or the supply chain.

BTW VW have a new system being implemented over the next couple of weeks and they reckon lead times and BW's should be a lot more transparent from the end of July. I am speculating that this system may allow them to juggle BW's more easily and resource plan a lot more effectively.
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

Evening all,

I was hoping anybody who ordered March time for a factory delivery can update me on their current situation. Turns out I am now away alot of August and therefore dont have much time until my requested Sept delivery and ,as I have not yet heard from the dealer at all, I just want to make sure there are some others out there who have any idea when where their cars are?

Cheers
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

peters wrote:I have taken the issue up with VW CS and whilst they are pleasant enough to deal with and actually quite sympathetic, they are not really managing to progress matters. They are aware that I am also a fleet buyer and now seriously p*ssed off, despite this they don't seem to be able to help. No VW should have a lead time of 9 months.
I am guessing that they have either taken far too many orders accross Europe or they have problems with manufacture or the supply chain.

BTW VW have a new system being implemented over the next couple of weeks and they reckon lead times and BW's should be a lot more transparent from the end of July. I am speculating that this system may allow them to juggle BW's more easily and resource plan a lot more effectively.
^^ this new system thing is quite true! No dealer will be able to log on and see any info about scheduled builds etc until the very end of July as this new screen system is coming on line. This is true for VW CS too! Last time my dealer looked (which was the day the screens went offline) my UNSCHEDULED build week was 37. I will now wait to see what happens when the system is back online on next week.

All I want is a SCHEDULED build. Even if it was Christmas day ( :shrug: ) I would at least know that my car was on its way! Its the not knowing that's a killer!

Having something to look forward too would help a lot as husband fell chasing our escaped rabbit (!), dislocated his knee, severed his quadriceps tendons resulting in 3mths off work and a cancelled all expenses paid holiday to Florida in August! Sigh!

Not sure that VWCS would be sympathetic to my plight though!

LadyRocr
x
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

LadyRocR wrote:
peters wrote:I have taken the issue up with VW CS and whilst they are pleasant enough to deal with and actually quite sympathetic, they are not really managing to progress matters. They are aware that I am also a fleet buyer and now seriously p*ssed off, despite this they don't seem to be able to help. No VW should have a lead time of 9 months.

^^ this new system thing is quite true! No dealer will be able to log on and see any info about scheduled builds etc until the very end of July as this new screen system is coming on line. This is true for VW CS too! Last time my dealer looked (which was the day the screens went offline) my UNSCHEDULED build week was 37. I will now wait to see what happens when the system is back online on next week.

All I want is a SCHEDULED build. Even if it was Christmas day ( :shrug: ) I would at least know that my car was on its way! Its the not knowing that's a killer!

Having something to look forward too would help a lot as husband fell chasing our escaped rabbit (!), dislocated his knee, severed his quadriceps tendons resulting in 3mths off work and a cancelled all expenses paid holiday to Florida in August! Sigh!

Not sure that VWCS would be sympathetic to my plight though!

LadyRocr
x

I can't belive your still waiting :( I think may have told them where they could stick it if I was still waiting now. Hope it turns up soon.
Solar Orange TT RS
andrewbeynon
Options: 19", RNS510 - BLUETOOTH (SAP) TELEPHONE PREP, FOLDING MIRROS, PARKING SENSORS, SUNROOF

Post by andrewbeynon »

Hi all,

Spoke to VW customer services today re my order placed in week 19 and have been told there is another supply issue with dsg boxes and the expected but not confirmed build date is now week 44.

Vw CSs have suggested any car "R" spec'ed with a dsg is subject to delays.

Have also learnt that VW will provide a car for you if your order goes over 22 weeks at no cost.

Bit of a pisser but hope this helps.

Have also heard that rsap is going as the phone standard from week 40 so maybe just maybe the iPhones will work.

Cheers
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

Re the VW paid for car after 22 weeks .... my dealer has guaranteed my trade in value for my GT (at a loss to them!) and have said that they will leave me in my car rather than let VW put me in a second rate basic golf or even polo while I wait. :)

Have told my dealer to keep looking for a buyer for mine though and if a customer walks in tomorrow wanting it, I'll let it go. We have 3 cars at home so I wouldn't be carless.

I have also heard that if you want a new golf there is a wait until January 2011 along with most other VW models!

Ladyrocr
x
stephen_belfast

Post by stephen_belfast »

This waiting is worse than severe constipation... 2 months and counting for an R with a DSG box........i've a feeling its gonna be a looooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg one. :)

If this car doesn't excite me I'm gonna cry, I wouldn't even wait this long for Cameron Diaz :cry:

Plus I haven't even driven a Scrirocco but I did drive the Golf R & gti, neither of which impressed me. To be honest, I'd rather have my 1.8 140bhp honda civic and £200pm extra to spend foolishly any day than a golf.

What is the scirocco R like to drive? Will it be much better than my civic? I'm more excited about the DSG than I am about the Scirocco.... I wonder if I could retro-fit a dsg box to my civic flying machine. :D

Anyway.... I have to get back to my studying......

Take care.

Stephen.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

well if the GTI didn't impress u and u'd rather have your trusty 1.8 Honda then im not sure why you've ordered a Roc R?

The Roc is basically a GTI with slightly wider stance and a bit more power.

I've done 8.5k miles now, and i love it. It's been to Europe and has no probs with long distance cuising GT style.

Never driven a Civic so can't compare it to that. I've had turbo power in my last 4 cars and i wouldn't go back to non-turbo power now. regardless of all this VTEC malarchy (which is cool as i had a motorbike and revving the nuts off an engine is just a major grin inducer)

2 months wait is nothing...be prepared for 2011 delivery potentially.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

andrewbeynon wrote:Hi all,

Spoke to VW customer services today re my order placed in week 19 and have been told there is another supply issue with dsg boxes and the expected but not confirmed build date is now week 44.

Vw CSs have suggested any car "R" spec'ed with a dsg is subject to delays.
Yup my dealer has confirmed much the same that supply shortages of dsg boxes have delayed all R orders. Week 44? When dod you order btw I'm now down for scheduled wk40 initially from wk27.
caprinolaw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Post by caprinolaw »

What about for the wait on TDI GT's with DSG?

I ordered beginning of July and was told to expect delivery mid October ...does this still seem about right?
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.
wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

I work at a dealership and they don't tell me anything. Mines now BW 40, was supposed to be BW 27.
SeriouslyFrustrated

Cancelled the order in the end... my dealer would only offer £250 off the price of the car for the wait despite very cross telephone calls and emails. Frankly I found the dealer very patronising, telling me he had spoken to the young salesmen who 'definitely would learn a lesson from all of this'. Love the car but I could not be bothered to deal with those idiots anymore.....

Back to the drawing board!