Any signs of VW upgrade system up and running

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
KJ Phillips
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth

Any signs of VW upgrade system up and running

Post by KJ Phillips »

Ordered start of June. My dealer says car is at Port. Then they say Volkswagen cannot register any new cars between 14th - 26th July for systems upgrades and migration of data. Spoke with dealer yesterday and he told me there are still issues with system?? And that they do not know now there whereabouts of my car!!!??!! :shrug:

Anyone else had similar issues???

Kel
Last edited by RW1 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post merged into existing topic
Searchin4aRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Re: Any signs of VW upgrade system up and running

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Go on Bleedsoff, chew some rubber - tomorrow! :driver:
bleedsoff
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:Go on Bleedsoff, chew some rubber - tomorrow! :driver:

Thanks mate, saw it briefly today and its looked ace. What a colour combo we have dude!!!! :nod: It will be mine at 9am tomorrow. Almost didn't get it as VW have a huge problem getting cars taxed on there new computer system. Apparently no Golf's can get taxed for new customers and this was the 1st Scirocco my dealer was taxing since the new upgrade, so they weren't sure. They have been only able to tax one polo this week, bit pathetic if you ask me but anyway mine is taxed, cleaned, filled up and ready to go!
bleedsoff
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

KJ Phillips wrote:Ordered start of June. My dealer says car is at Port. Then they say Volkswagen cannot register any new cars between 14th - 26th July for systems upgrades and migration of data. Spoke with dealer yesterday and he told me there are still issues with system?? And that they do not know now there whereabouts of my car!!!??!! :shrug:

Anyone else had similar issues???

Kel

Hi Kel,

This is my story,

This is what my dealer said to me. Dealers service is extremely bad to be honest if you ask me. I rung up Monday 26th and said I know its in Sheerness can you get the car by the end of the week. They said no can't do anything at the moment as the system was not working properly. I then asked, how about contact the transport company direct, to get it sorted that way and was told by the dealer they couldn't do it. They seemed uninterested in dealing with a customer or trying to solve the issue. So I was quite annoyed by it all. I then called VW head office and spoke to some random person quite high up and explained what had happened and surprise surprise they managed to track my car and speak to the transport company direct to get the car delivered for last wednesday. Now I am picking the car up tomorrow :). Where there is a will there is way!

Ed
stuaz
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

I phoned up my dealer today to check on the status of my order. Got told my Salesman had left and that they had no proof of my order....

Ended up phoning VW HQ and got told that the order is there. Would appear the system is in a bit of a muddle at the moment. I should have it in 14 days time (I then said I don't want it till September, cos I don't see the point of getting it now). So I phoned the dealer and they said they will keep it locked away off site in there compound until the 1st Sept when I will go pick it up!

However my circumstances are slightly different to most :)
Now a Proud Owner!