Keyless entry: Take 2 [Split] MY2011 changes

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
cutetypooh

Keyless entry: Take 2 [Split] MY2011 changes

Post by cutetypooh »

Hi

Can anyone post any link or pic of the keyless entry? Have any new roc owners collected their cars with this option? Kindly share. Tks :clap:
caprinolaw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Re: MY2011 changes

Post by caprinolaw »

cutetypooh wrote:Hi

Can anyone post any link or pic of the keyless entry? Have any new roc owners collected their cars with this option? Kindly share. Tks :clap:
As far as im aware, keyless entry isnt yet an option on the Scirocco
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.
neguso
With a: Manual box
Options: Climatronic
Lights and Mirrors Package
RCD510 Radio
Camera Rear Assist
Adaptive Chassis Control
Sports Package
Flat Tyre Indicator
Keyless Entry
Multifunction Steering Wheel

Post by neguso »

caprinolaw wrote:As far as im aware, keyless entry isnt yet an option on the Scirocco
I ordered this part, I will collect my Scirocco next week and will post some pics.
You can also find some info here: http://www.volkswagen.de/etc/medialib/v ... 201005.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; see page 17
Ordered 18/05/2010, delivered 30/07/2010
caprinolaw

Post by caprinolaw »

neguso wrote:
caprinolaw wrote:As far as im aware, keyless entry isnt yet an option on the Scirocco
I ordered this part, I will collect my Scirocco next week and will post some pics.
You can also find some info here: http://www.volkswagen.de/etc/medialib/v ... 201005.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; see page 17
I dont read German, but there seems to be an awful lot in that brochure thats not in the UK versions!?
Jay.

neguso
Options: Climatronic
Lights and Mirrors Package
RCD510 Radio
Camera Rear Assist
Adaptive Chassis Control
Sports Package
Flat Tyre Indicator
Keyless Entry
Multifunction Steering Wheel

Post by neguso »

You can use translate.google.com and copy&paste the german text to translate in english.

Also you can use this glossary: http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_p ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ordered 18/05/2010, delivered 30/07/2010
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Caprino

we get a very good basic spec in the UK for a good price, a lot of other countries do not (new car taxes & the price of a scirocco across the world have previously been discussed on here somewhere). they have to spec things that we take for granted (ie an alarm)
the extras others get do in most cases filter through to the uk market eventually

S
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Wish we had start stop!:(
cutetypooh

Post by cutetypooh »

Hi thanks for the katalog. Please post some pics once you got your car. cant wait to see where the start stop button will be placed in the roc
caprinolaw

Post by caprinolaw »

trix wrote:Caprino

we get a very good basic spec in the UK for a good price, a lot of other countries do not (new car taxes & the price of a scirocco across the world have previously been discussed on here somewhere). they have to spec things that we take for granted (ie an alarm)
the extras others get do in most cases filter through to the uk market eventually

S
I completely agree with what you say, just seems to be a lot 'more to see' in the german version of the brochure.

...At least we dont live in the US ;)
Jay.

martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Couple of quick clips for keyless entry on Golf 6 . In German but you'll get the idea :D
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't like the way they just stuck a button over the ignition hole :no: - do like the touch the handle lock/unlock :yes:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
cutetypooh

Post by cutetypooh »

Hi will MY2011 roc keyless be the same spot as the golf? really wierd having a button over the ignition hole
samwell
Options: Black Leather, Dynaudio, DAB, Metal Pedal Caps

Post by samwell »

cutetypooh wrote:Hi will MY2011 roc keyless be the same spot as the golf? really wierd having a button over the ignition hole
I believe they do this as a fail-safe should the electronic keyless entry system not work. This type of technology is great when it works :D
2.0 TSI
Grampa
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Re: Keyless entry: Take 2 [Split] MY2011 changes

Post by Grampa »

Would love to have had keyless on my Scirocco - had it on the two previous cars - a Megane 225 and an Astra VXR (which was a better system than the Megane) and I really miss it now I don't have it.