Modded UK R

Everything about the R for potential owners.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Modded UK R

Post by wigit »

there is a black one out there chaps, not a chap who frequents forums but but the following goodies on his car at VWR

brake kit
lsd
springs
full zorst
pump
filter

doing over 300+ ponnies
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: Modded UK R

Post by Chungster »

Should go quite well with those mods!! LSD should make the biggest difference. Didn't think milltek had designed a rear BB section for the R yet.
geordie562002
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

There is a milltek one on the horizon, but as you can see from my pic below where there is a will theres a way!!

Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Pointless chaning anything other than the downpie on the R.

The standard exhaust is huge, and there is no box under the rear seat, straight though to the back box.

All aftermarket boxes hang down too far and can be seen under the bumper aswell, which looks pretty naff.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

i have to agree...i would do the DP only.

But i want to know if the manual OEM clutch will cope with a Stage 1 map to beyond 300+ lb/ft of torque.

I sooo don't want to change the standard clutch. Hmmm

Should leave the car alone really. DAMN DAMN DAMN.
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

wonder how a mechanical (quaiffe?) LSD gets on with XDS?
222bhp & 340Nm
jayc89
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Sunroof, Bluetooth

Post by jayc89 »

pat15312 wrote:wonder how a mechanical (quaiffe?) LSD gets on with XDS?
I've been hearing good things about WaveTrac Diffs, not sure if they do one for the 'rocco though...
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

some people think addding a diff makes you the stig, if you respect a car with a diff the rewards are amazing, if you dont it will chew you out and spit you out, have had VWRs diff Golf for a week having leant how to drive it i couldn't believe how well it went round corners and put the power down, ithink the chav in the saxo behind me was equally impressed
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
jayc89
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Sunroof, Bluetooth

Post by jayc89 »

wigit wrote:some people think addding a diff makes you the stig, if you respect a car with a diff the rewards are amazing, if you dont it will chew you out and spit you out, have had VWRs diff Golf for a week having leant how to drive it i couldn't believe how well it went round corners and put the power down, ithink the chav in the saxo behind me was equally impressed
I have a Quaife in my current car and its amazing, probably the best mod I bought for the VXR. Will definitely be interested in getting one for the 'rocco.
Beno19

Post by Beno19 »

Hi Geordie. Im new to the forum and am thinking of getting a 1.4 160 as only 19... If you dont mind, could I ask how much niche charged for the full fitment, spraying etc of your front, rear and side skirts including lights, exhaust, Audi grill etc, pm the reply if u fancy, thanks very much.
Ps love your rocco!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:welcome: Ben, I think you would be best giving Niche a call for up to date pricing as Geordie isn't on here very often & it was quite a while ago when he got his done.
If you are serious about getting a body kit fitted do remember to check the cost for insurance with it.

S
Tsakonas
In: Deep Black
Options: 19'' rims , Cruise Control aftermarket : tints , alarm ,parking sensors

Post by Tsakonas »

Andy-GTI wrote:Pointless chaning anything other than the downpie on the R.

The standard exhaust is huge, and there is no box under the rear seat, straight though to the back box.

All aftermarket boxes hang down too far and can be seen under the bumper aswell, which looks pretty naff.

Could you please elaborate?(too late as I ve already ordered a full exhaust but really want to know)..Other K04 car owners (LEON CUPRA) claim that cat back diameter can affect high rpm power,in heavily modded cars,ie comparing two cars with the same 330-340HP mods ,the car with the full 3inch exhausts could pull better than the car with the 3inch to 2.5 inch exhaust...

How many inches/mm is the stock R exhaust diameter?
Beno19

Post by Beno19 »

trix wrote::welcome: Ben, I think you would be best giving Niche a call for up to date pricing as Geordie isn't on here very often & it was quite a while ago when he got his done.
If you are serious about getting a body kit fitted do remember to check the cost for insurance with it.

S
THANKS TRIX, WILL DO :)