It's here! Stunning sumatra...

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Shooter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Inter's,Mats,Tints,Hill hold and flat tyre indicator.

It's here! Stunning sumatra...

Post by Shooter »

Got woke with a phone call at 9am(not being lazy! was told it would be around dinner time) by a polite chap from Newcastle ''hello im outside with your new car'' I've never got ready as fast in my life! haha

I love it, the first time I've seen the colour in the flesh and its amazing, even the fella said what a rare and fantastic colour it is.

Got a note in glove compartment saying Mat's will arrive soon!!?? I never ordered them(so its a nice bonus), I went to VW and bought the luxury mats but luckily I only bought front ones which I wanted anyway with scirocco on them. I will just have some front spares with im sure I'll need to change in a year or two anyway.

Anyway chow for now im off to enjoy im new ride................ :hyper:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: It's here! Stunning sumatra...

Post by trix »

great to hear shooter! pics soon!!!

did you get all the cables etc that should be included?

S
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I think so, there's a short lead under the arm rest and the ipod cable is in the glove compartment.

Anything else trix?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

sounds like the usb is already in the arm rest then so all good there, as long as its got everything on it you ordered, the manuals (service book etc) & the all looks right & fits together then :yes:

go drive!

S
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Pic's please?! Love all the pics in Sumatra!
Searchin4aRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Excellent!! :clap:

Looking forward to seeing those pics..... ;)
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Sorry no pic's yet.. my digital camera got pinched in paris not so long ago :grumpy:

I will take some with the Iphone.. when this rain stops if it ever does!

It's an absolute dream to drive and is very nippy much more power than I expected, god know's how the 2.0 etc handles.

Love it, just love the baby. Would of been nice to have more extra's but the price was just going out of my range, but hey im over the moon with what I've got.

Couple of things bugging me... Radio seems like it's been set up in newcastle and has all the local stations on the 6 options, I can get my local stations on but have to press 'more' then get to them from there. Also I have to turn it on when engine starts, I would have fought its automatic?

Lights- They are ON constantly I've turned the hob round to every one of the options and they dont turn off, I was at a garage(not vw) today and he said they may be programmed and check the book which I have but im still non the wiser!?

Sorry im not an expert in these situations as im new to cars as Ive only just passed my test not long ago.

Trix have you got that link to that company who are experts in after market fitting, think they are based in coventry?
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Shooter wrote:Couple of things bugging me... Radio seems like it's been set up in newcastle and has all the local stations on the 6 options, I can get my local stations on but have to press 'more' then get to them from there. Also I have to turn it on when engine starts, I would have fought its automatic?
fought? you mean thought I hope, we don't condone violence ;) :rofl1:
go read the radio manual on how to set radio stations :)
Shooter wrote:Lights- They are ON constantly I've turned the hob round to every one of the options and they dont turn off, I was at a garage(not vw) today and he said they may be programmed and check the book which I have but im still non the wiser!?
These are DRL's, go forth & search (post week 45 drl or MY2010.5 drl) & understand you need to find a new friend with vagcom to turn them into your control otherwise sorry but tough
Shooter wrote:Sorry im not an expert in these situations as im new to cars as Ive only just passed my test not long ago.
how many times have DRL's been mentioned on here???!!!! were you asleep ;) :p
Shooter wrote:Trix have you got that link to that company who are experts in after market fitting, think they are based in coventry?
after market fitting in what Shooter my crystal ball broke

eta: i'm sorry but I had to laugh & joke with you :lol:
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Give me a break, the F is close to the T! My bad...

Tbh I've never read up on drl's but thats my job to do now.

Cheers for the help.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

;)

so after market fitting of what?

S
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

trix wrote:;)

so after market fitting of what?

S
It was a list of more or less everything for the scirocco, just fancied a look can't seem to find it now. :rolleyes:
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

delivery checklist?? stickied at the top of the delivery room forum :)

after market stuff start at the beginning of the mod squad & carry on till you reach the end & make some decision but padlock you wallet ;)

S
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Sorry about the quality, just took a quick snap on iphone while at City yesterday, signing a contract! :D
Searchin4aRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Great stuff ... you're getting about! :yes:

Hard not to with this vehicle ... savour the moments!