No more cruise retro fits for now!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Candy Monster
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

No more cruise retro fits for now!

Post by Candy Monster »

I want cruise control fitted to my car before collection but apparently no more retrofits are being done until a revised cruise retrofit kit has been produced (in 1st quarter 2009). :cry: Thought you guys may want to know. Not sure of the reasoning for this. Anyone aware of any problems?
robrob
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Re: No more cruise retro fits for now!

Post by robrob »

Candy Monster wrote: Anyone aware of any problems?
Haven’t had any trouble with my retro fit.
Although I would like to know if there is a potential problem with the kit!
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Have you had it fitted then?

I ordered a kit through Loders in Dorchester and was told the kit was currently unavailable due to compatibility issues with the 'roc.
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

JKM in Portsmouth (google them!) retrofitted Cruise to my Octavia - v nice job they did too.

So if the dealers wont do it, try them. Keith their engineer is very knowledeagable about all things VAG.
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Dealers are willing to fit it but not until the new kit arrives. Shame i have to wait but I'd rather VW were certain it'll be OK. I don't know what the compatability issues are but i'd rather not risk it for now. :shrug:
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Candy Monster wrote:Dealers are willing to fit it but not until the new kit arrives. Shame i have to wait but I'd rather VW were certain it'll be OK. I don't know what the compatability issues are but i'd rather not risk it for now. :shrug:
Me too, got the kit ordered, keep you updated...
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Keep us updated if possible, I am also waiting for the approved to be available. Gonna miss cruise until it's back!
jackbarr
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat. Nav., Sun Roof, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Leather, Cruise, Fiscon Plus Bluetooth and a smile on my face.

Post by jackbarr »

I was given the same information yesterday by my VW garage - the revised kit will be available 1st Quarter 2009 and will include a control panel as well as the stalk! It will also be more expensive to fit?
Candy Monster

Post by Candy Monster »

jackbarr wrote:I was given the same information yesterday by my VW garage - the revised kit will be available 1st Quarter 2009 and will include a control panel as well as the stalk! It will also be more expensive to fit?
Damn it! :cry:
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

The cynic in me smells a rat.
Whats the betting they have realised a lot of people have retrospectivley had this fitted and have decided to "revise" the price upwards... :mad: :mad: :mad:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

I 99% guarantee you can do it for about £60 yourself.

You can be sure the kit price will be more than factory fit if they've withdrawn it.
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

I had a retro fit done on mine in early december. No problems at all.. was part of the deal in buying the car. There is a SLIGHT differenec in the cruise from the cruise I had (factory fitted) in my Golf GTi. In the Golf, the dashboard warning light came on when you switched the cruie on - whether it was being used or not. In the 'rocco the dash warning light only come on if the cruie is operating. in other words, if its switched on but not engaged, the light doesn't show. I think thtis is better than how it was in my Golf!
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

jonosussex wrote:I had a retro fit done on mine in early december. No problems at all.. was part of the deal in buying the car. There is a SLIGHT differenec in the cruise from the cruise I had (factory fitted) in my Golf GTi. In the Golf, the dashboard warning light came on when you switched the cruie on - whether it was being used or not. In the 'rocco the dash warning light only come on if the cruie is operating. in other words, if its switched on but not engaged, the light doesn't show. I think thtis is better than how it was in my Golf!
The factory fit cruise on the Scirocco behaves the same as your retro-fit, as you said i prefer it to having the symbol alight all the time on the dash.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
krn1

Post by krn1 »