finally some smear free wiper joy!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
AndyInGlasgow
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Xenons, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Mats, Flat Tyre Indicator.

Re: finally some smear free wiper joy!

Post by AndyInGlasgow »

I agree totally with RW1.

My wiper smear was never too bad, but had an annoying smear in driver's eyeline which is dangerous in the dark when driving under street/motorway lighting especially in heavy rain.

I also found the solution to be:

Clean windscreen
Put blades into maintenace position
Clean rubber edge on blades
Bend the blades inwards (ie towards the windscreen), this in turn lifts the centre connector where the arm joins the balde.

I found that I had to bend the blades in from fairly near the centre connector, but with trial and error you will eventually get a smear free windscreen.

Well done RW1, thanks for the tip.

Also as RW1 highlights, when cleaning the windscreen never lift baldes by outer edges as this will simply bend them back in the wrong direction!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Thanks Andy,

I found the Scirocco version eventually would collapse again and the rubber blade is too soft.

So subsequently invested in a driver's side wiper on the 6th May, part number 5K2 955 426. Had no further problems of the nature experienced with the Scirocco wiper. The sweep is completely clear and has remained so. The passenger side operates normally but will replace this with 5K2 955 425 when it needs replacement.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
AndyInGlasgow
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Xenons, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Mats, Flat Tyre Indicator.

Post by AndyInGlasgow »

Cheers RW1,

Is 5K2 955 426 a VW part I take it?

Andy
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Yes both are VW part numbers. Your local Parts Dept. will recognise them. No sub letters at the end. About £14.50 for the drivers side iirc.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Out of interest has anyone tried the Bosch or Valeo replacements for the Roc. They can be bought for around £20 for the pair. I need some feedback before I purchase any
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Just fitted the Valeo "Silencio X-Trm" VM331 (£17.50 delivered - Euro car parts) so far so good......
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
nd10
With a: Manual box

Post by nd10 »

Just about 'on topic' I hope :rolleyes: How do you get the wipers to stay where they can be lifted off the screen :? I tried the 'turn the engine off and remove key' method but they always return to 'park' :shrug:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:rtfm: ;)
to put them in the 'maintenance position' you need to remove the key & then knock the wiper stalk once they will then pop up to vertical so you can lift them off to change blades/clean windscreen etc

hope that helps

S
nd10
With a: Manual box

Post by nd10 »

trix wrote::rtfm: ;)
to put them in the 'maintenance position' you need to remove the key & then knock the wiper stalk once they will then pop up to vertical so you can lift them off to change blades/clean windscreen etc

hope that helps

S
Ah thankyou, blokes never RTFM though do we? :lol:
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

nah we read forums instead or ask the trixapedia for help and advice! ;)