Delays . . . Delays . . . Delays . . .

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sonnybhoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Delays . . . Delays . . . Delays . . .

Post by sonnybhoy »

Just thought that as there are alot of us suffering expanding delays on delivery of our new motors, that we could share any information etc and get advice from the lucky sods who are now enjoying their cars.

For me the story started when I ordered Nov 25th - Provisional build date now Week 10 (Mid March). I'd be interested to see if this is now a typical delivery schedule i.e. close to the 20 week mark?
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Delays . . . Delays . . . Delays . . .

Post by wigit »

not great and curious whether this is vw caught with pants down in terms of suppliers, xenons were the first issue, then rumours regarding sat nav, now pano roof is demand outstripping supply, more worrying is if its quality issues, if it is i'd rather wait then be going back to the dealer all the time
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

It would be interesting to find out whats going on internally from someone at VW! Just wondering what position we are all left in terms of these delivery dates getting further and further away. I'm sure that when I signed the order docs and paid the deposit it had a provisional supply time of between 12 - 16 weeks, as the delays extend closer to the 20 weeks mark how does this work in terms of dealer discounts or anything like that? I understand that it depends on your particular dealer and I'm sure a member has received a free Bluetooth kit and something else as compensation from his dealer. It'll be interesting to find out if any one else has squeezed anything out of these people. Its just starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth to tell the truth, especially the lack of information and customer support that I'm certainly receiving! :(
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
Magnust

Post by Magnust »

ordered in the end of october and altho they said i'll be getting it in the beginning of 2009, the build week they gave me later was 16.
xenons, pano roof & dynaudio... (+ most of the other goodies :P)
(not from uk tho, i was among the first to order the scirocco here, we got it a bit later)
coanda
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano Roof
Dynaudio
Truffle Leather
MDI
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by coanda »

similar to magnust, must have been october time that I ordered. Have Pano, dynaudio and asked for xenons to be removed (we'll see if they did it...). I expect it when it arrives - then we'll start talking about price!
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Well...
First ordered on the 13th of August, given preliminary build of week 43.Ha! What a laugh. My build week has jumped all over the place .As we know the Pano roof has caused the latest delays (people with Xenons now starting to get their cars)
So last I heard I was at wk04. Rang dealer today and as expected still not confirmed but WEEK 15!!! . Now I can't blame the dealer for VW's failings but I obviously made my disgust clear. She'd been in touch with VWUK who assured her the Pano roof issue was now resolved and all cars affected would be given priority. I rang VW customer services and had a rant ,not only about the length of time I have waited but also how much money I've lost on my current mk5 Gti .All apologees and and yes all issues now resolved ,cars prioritised etc.What about compensation I argued - Take it up with the dealer was the response.Why should the dealer have to compensate me for VW's crap!. I will however be pushing for some premium mats , metal pedals, tank of fuel, free servicing etc at the very least. By the way a guy on here has picked his up today with the roof (Nicklomvardos) who ordered in July! Congrats to him
My impatient wait continues...... :cry:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

I feel for you guys - I ordered 31st Aug and would be still waiting , but for my stroke of luck - 17 days to go ......
JaseW
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

martdy wrote:been in touch with VWUK who assured her the Pano roof issue was now resolved and all cars affected would be given priority.
Interesting this... as I posted in the other thread, my dealer spoke with VW, and they still couldn't confirm build date..

I think I may well call VW Customer Services myself and see what I can find out...

Overall it is pretty poor service.. other car firms struggling for business, you'd think VW would at least try to service it's customers.
I luv Roc!
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

I ordered mine on 3 September and was originally told it would be available by Christmas, DSG , Leather, Dynadio, Parking, Folding mirrors etc etc - I actually picked it up first week of NOVEMBER!!

Sorry guys but I cannot blame VW or the dealership! However I did thank them :)

So far so good on the build quality, I have not had the reported windscreen smear, the rattle from the front end or stereo issues - long may it continue!

I do drop into my dealership from time to time as I know one of the salesmen - I will endeavour to find out the what has caused the issues if I can.

Roc On!!
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I think i would have been one of the first to order, back in June two days after you could officially order them. Fingers crossed i will be picking it up tomorrow, the reason........... Xenons!
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

mine wasnt suppose to be coming till march, and i picked mine up the other week :shrug:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

ryancooke wrote:mine wasnt suppose to be coming till march, and i picked mine up the other week :shrug:
Don't you work at a VAG dealer? ;)
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
jmn82
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

I ordered mine on the 9th December and was told a week later that it would be delivered in the first week of Feb. Sounds like I might be waiting a little longer...
I've been Revo'd
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

jonallen628 wrote:
ryancooke wrote:mine wasnt suppose to be coming till march, and i picked mine up the other week :shrug:
Don't you work at a VAG dealer? ;)
shhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!