leather seats question

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Hughesy88
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Interlagos, fog lights, sat nav, tints, leather

leather seats question

Post by Hughesy88 »

Hi guys,

I have a candy white with black leather on order. Does the black leather have white stitching? many thanks

also to add.... id like the sat nav surround part a gloss black like on the R? Does this make sense? Anyone know where to get it from? I dont fancy painting it myself, id mess it up!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: leather seats question

Post by trix »

I think the leather doesn't have white stitching I think its black on black, it is something that could be incorporated into a custom retrim though.
have a look through previous topics as there are varying opinions of the leather quality from vw & custom retrims are actually very close in price yet you can choose exactly what you want colour & detail wise

you can get the radio surround from the dealers in black I believe the part number is 1Q0 858 069 H with the adder 041 for the colour black

S
Hughesy88

Post by Hughesy88 »

thanks for the reply....however if you look at http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ing#p16937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there is white stiching and on the thread, http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hing#p5193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; rehmondo said he was sold on the white stitiching?

thanks for your help :)
Hughesy88

Post by Hughesy88 »

and with the custom retrim, if i knew someone close by or friends i would consider it but on a new car its alot of hassle i feel, i got 500 quid off the seats from vw anyway, i wanted truffle too but too many people put me off them :( well i still like them but the girlfriend doesnt!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Mine's an 8 month old Leather Interior and has fine white stitching.
DSCN6792a.JPG
However, I've just looked through some of my photos (poor qual) of Sciroccos on the Vindis VW dealer stand at GTi Inters last weekend and their 2.0TSi GT's don't appear to have light stitching. Their chassis numbers put manufacture at late May/early June 2010. VW change fine detail from time to time, so not surprising.

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Hughesy88

Post by Hughesy88 »

that white stiching looks amazing....i hope mine comes like that? i wish i could find out for sure.
RickG
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Black leather, parking sensors, flat tyre indicator, carpet mats

Post by RickG »

My car was built late last year and has the white stitching on the black leather (same as RW1's in the above pic). Contact VW customer care, they may know of any minor trim changes, but don't hold your breath.
andypollard
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano wheels style pack black,
Carpet mats front and rear,
Electrically foldable door mirrors,
Panoramic sunroof,
Winter pack in conjunction with leather upholstery,
Rear Parking sensors,
Anthracite 'Vienna' interior upholstery,

Post by andypollard »

May '10 car here, white stitching.
motorman
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, Electric folding wing mirrors, Fogs, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator,
Tints, Mats & Flaps.

Post by motorman »

I have white stitching on mine - build week 13 this year.