20% VAT increase

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
cirkz

20% VAT increase

Post by cirkz »

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone knows whether or not the VAT increase will affect my Scirocco R purchase.

I have put down a £1500 deposit already, but my estimated delivery date is January 2011.

I am not sure whether I will have to cough up extra even though the deal has already been made?!

:shrug:
SciroccoSteve
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: vw sills, rear parking sensors

Re: 20% VAT increase

Post by SciroccoSteve »

6 months waiting list on an R?!?!?

Thats a joke!
nd10

Post by nd10 »

I would hope that as you have a 'contract to buy' that the VAT will already be at 17.5% and will stay that way
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Cirkz

terms of business are that you will pay VAT on your order at the current rate as on the day of invoice, ie if it is invoiced on the 1st Jan 2011 or after it will be 20% & a VIN & REG number is required for invoicing
therefore if you want to avoid this you NEED to speak to your dealer & get it in writing that your order will be at 17.5% VAT otherwise you WILL be liable for the additional
UNLESS VW decide to do as they did this year & hold the lower VAT rate for those who ordered before a certain date but I have not heard anything on whether they will or not yet.

hope that explains it

S
*Sledge
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Leather Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, De-badged, Sills, Boot liner, Rubber mats. ( Dealer forgot to charge for leather seats, tried to make me pay a month after delivery. Didn't happen. : D )

Post by *Sledge »

And speak to another dealer about getting your R. 6 month wait does not sound right at all.
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

It might be relevant to know that the new VAT rate only applies from the 4th of January so if you can angle to pick it up at the start of the month you'd be ok. However, as trix said, VAT is paid at the rate on the day of collection. Having said that, you could ask your dealer if you can pay for it before delivery although you have to accept the risk that comes with it. If the dealer was to fold then this could cause serious issues.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

ashley1407 wrote:you could ask your dealer if you can pay for it before delivery although you have to accept the risk that comes with it.
the dealer must have a VIN number & reg number before they can invoice, i'm sure some get around this but they shouldn't be.
the main issue with paying in advance is that you basically waive your right to inspecting the car before payment and delivery therefore you would have little or no negotiating room if there is a fault/problem with anything (bodywork/paint/wheels etc)

S
cirkz

Post by cirkz »

The estimated delivery date on my invoice is 15th Jan 2011. :(

The sales guys reckoned it would be more like October though.

I'm going to give it a couple more weeks then start bugging them for updates. :grumpy:
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

i'd suggest that you err on the side of caution cirkz & get it in writing that they will cover any VAT increase now, then if you don't need to use it great but otherwise you are covered.

S
Gilez
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

I would also call VW customer services with your Commission Number, and see what potential delivery date they may be able advise.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
shammy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Deep black pearlescent paint,
18" Interlagos alloys,
Cruise Control,
Rear parking sensors,
DAB radio receiver,
Smoking pack,
Dynaudio system,
Front/Rear Carpets,

Post by shammy »

I ordered my scirocco on 1st May 2010 and is due for delivery in August. I have also financed a portion of the total cost for the car, with fixed payments for 12 months. My initial thoughts are that since the monthly amount has already been agreed, they will remain the same each month despite the VAT increase.

I'm going to check this with the dealership tomorrow, but what are your thoughts on this?
martinjrose
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

I ordered my R in November 2009 and am picking up tomo morning so been waiting 8 months. :) The VAT was 15% when I ordered and have managed to have that stick.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Well Done That ^^^^^ Man!! very good result Martin & Very glad you are finally picking it up :yes:

S
quality reflects
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking sensors, leather, winter pack. Bluefin.

Post by quality reflects »

shammy wrote:I ordered my scirocco on 1st May 2010 and is due for delivery in August. I have also financed a portion of the total cost for the car, with fixed payments for 12 months. My initial thoughts are that since the monthly amount has already been agreed, they will remain the same each month despite the VAT increase.

I'm going to check this with the dealership tomorrow, but what are your thoughts on this?
Straight repayments would not be subject to VAT. That has already been paid on the original invoice. If it was a lease that would be different.
http://www.qualityreflects.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regular work updates here:
http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... yReflects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quality-R ... 4070809482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter: @qulityreflects