MY2011 changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
newbie-tex
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Vienna leather, sat nav, reversing sensors, folding mirrors, Winter pack

Re: MY2011 changes

Post by newbie-tex »

hi there
i've been so quiet on the site, soaking in the advice and experience from you guys whilst hunting for the best deal (and had hoped to post a celebratory whoop as i closed the deal!) but this is just confusing now...

has anyone had their DEALER (or volkswagen) confirm the flat tyre indicator is standard? admitted, my dealer was still sending through the order form with Shadow blue- (despite it being discontinued even on the configurator, harrumph) but they know nothing about it, and on the uk vw site the hill hold is confirmed as standard, but the Flat Tyre indicator is still a costed option...

its not much, but i'd like to get things right... anyone able to shed further light? :?
Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

You really shouldn't worry about the Flat Tyre indicator. It's completely useless. A friend with another Scirocco had a flat and the indicator was saying everything was fine :))
stuaz
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

Crossbone wrote:You really shouldn't worry about the Flat Tyre indicator. It's completely useless. A friend with another Scirocco had a flat and the indicator was saying everything was fine :))
I believe it only works if its set up correctly. (Thats how it is in Mercs anyway). I believe you have to inflate the tyres to the correct level, then press the button and it measures the level at that point.

I imagine there is more detail in the manual - if I could be bothered to check :lol:
Now a Proud Owner!
Crossbone
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

Well you can imagine he can't be that stupid to complain about that system without even bothering to check the manual.
There isn't more detail in the manual, you basically said everything there is to know.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

how do you know if you car has flat tyre indicator ?, it lights up when i start the car but i dont have a switch, does this mean i have it
stuaz

Post by stuaz »

Crossbone wrote:Well you can imagine he can't be that stupid to complain about that system without even bothering to check the manual.
You would be surprised.... :(

Part of my job role is to write Technical manuals for work - you would be surprised at how many times I have to go :rtfm:

hehe! :D
182_blue wrote:how do you know if you car has flat tyre indicator ?, it lights up when i start the car but i don't have a switch, does this mean i have it
I think you have to have the button, but I don't actually have it in the scirocco I have at the moment - will in the new one so not too sure.
Now a Proud Owner!
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

182_blue wrote:how do you know if you car has flat tyre indicator ?, it lights up when i start the car but i dont have a switch, does this mean i have it
The switch on mine is hiding in the glove box (top right corner if I remember rightly).

Only had the car two months so (hopefully) it was correctly set up prior to delivery.
Baptised with Aerosmith
stuaz

Post by stuaz »

Might want to check again as tyre pressure may of changed since you got (cos they are new and with the warmer weather (UK anyway))
Now a Proud Owner!
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Deagol wrote:
182_blue wrote:how do you know if you car has flat tyre indicator ?, it lights up when i start the car but i dont have a switch, does this mean i have it
The switch on mine is hiding in the glove box (top right corner if I remember rightly).

Only had the car two months so (hopefully) it was correctly set up prior to delivery.
I have to say I thought you was wrong when you wrote this , I thought you may have been confused with the airbag switch but a quick check on the way to work confirms that yes it there lol, thx
bleedsoff
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Do we reckon that the new 2011 model will have a different way to turn off DRL's or even revert back to the old stalk method only way? Do these things tend to change every model number?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

the drl's are likely to stay as is now, the reason they changed with the MY2010.5 in nov was, I believe, the ECU change.
imo they certainly won't reintroduce being able to turn them off with the indicator stalk from the outset (ie without tinkering) as the drl legislation is closer to coming into force now, albeit still a reasonable way off

S
nd10

Post by nd10 »

bleedsoff wrote:Do we reckon that the new 2011 model will have a different way to turn off DRL's or even revert back to the old stalk method only way? Do these things tend to change every model number?

I couldn't use this method to turn mine off.I don't have a problem with drl's but I thought I would try it to see if it worked anyway.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Can I ask what people problems are with DRL's are ,I dot have an issues with them
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

yes you can blue but it has been discussed elsewhere http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 7s+problem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
to keep this thread reasonably on track

S
spyzit
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: xenon, park tronic, hill hold assist, rcd 510, cruise control,

Post by spyzit »

Would someone plz with a rocco 22+ week upload a photo of his RCD 510 operating...I want to check the display color and the lighting of the buttons
Thanks anyway
KJ Phillips
Options: Bluetooth

Post by KJ Phillips »

My New Rocco arrives 2-3 weeks. It was ordered May 29th 2010. Currently awaiting shipping. I will post the spec changes included. Dealer confirmed its a 2011 vehicle.
KJ Phillips
Options: Bluetooth

Post by KJ Phillips »

spyzit wrote:Would someone plz with a rocco 22+ week upload a photo of his RCD 510 operating...I want to check the display color and the lighting of the buttons
Thanks anyway
I thought the RCD 510 was standard fit mate? You have it in your profile as an option???
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

KJ Phillips wrote:
spyzit wrote:I thought the RCD 510 was standard fit mate? You have it in your profile as an option???
Not necessarily, if it is being bought in Greece. Hence Spyzit's query which he needs help on. Anybody?

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Crossbone

Post by Crossbone »

RCD 510 is standard only in the UK. In the rest of Europe it is an option. You get the ugly rcd 310 as standard instead.
spyzit
Options: xenon, park tronic, hill hold assist, rcd 510, cruise control,

Post by spyzit »

Sorry for the misunderstanding...please note that my Scirocco (my2011) is at local customs at this moment....I have found a buyer
for the RCD because I decided to change it with zenec but he asks me if the color display is the black one and not the silver one
he saw somewhere in another rocco...