MY2011 changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Simon_T
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: DVD SATNAV
DYNA AUDIO 300 WATT SYSTEM UPGRADE
CRUISE CONTROL
BURY BLUETOOTH PREPARATION
ROOF MOUNTED BARS AND CYCLE CARRIER
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

Re: MY2011 changes

Post by Simon_T »

oops cheers wasnt sure i posted the earlier one but great thanks for the quick response.

i also mentioned the problems with the bluetooth and that the skoda part works the chap said if we can get it changed we will but im not holding my breath.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Hi Simon

- the build week is generally the week that the build starts or the majority is complete (this is RW1's area of expertise so i'm sure he will be along with a link or explanation soon)

- yes you will have these changes (as per the agreed UK list - there are other country changes mentioned in this thread so I don't want you getting confused) as they are standard on cars built from week 22 (tomorrow)

- yes you can change your car colour up until the order is confirmed for build (after this it will affect the build date & in some cases changes are at the disgression of the dealer so if you want to change it make the decision & action it soon) all the colour change info on what has been discontinued & what is available in its place is here all others other than the 3 old ones mentioned in that link are the same.

- your dealer should keep you updated with your scheduled build date (mine updated roughly once a week) once you hit that week (we have a record of what build week it is at the top of the page on the forum) your dealer should be able to advise what stage the car is at when they update you although you may find this passes quite quick (i was advised by my dealer the car was at stage 5 one day & then when I rang vw c.s. the next it was complete, the next week when i heard from my dealer he gave me the eta at the dealership)
i recommend you get your commission number from your dealer so if needs be you can ring vw customer services & ask them on the progress
once you have a confirmed build week & the car is in build we can estimate what ship it will be on here

hope that answers some of your questions

S

eta: i notice you have the bury bluetooth system on your order, there should be no problems with this as its is retrofitted by the dealer, it is the vw premium bluetooth which is factory fitted which people have had problems with due to it being only rsap not full bluetooth currently
Simon_T
CRUISE CONTROL
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

Post by Simon_T »

Thanks very much Trix,
Like i said never had one built before and didnt know the process the sales lady was new albeit a very sexy lady too and very helpfull in achieving what i wanted for my buck and part ex of my mk5 golf gt tdi.
Do you know much about the dyno audio system and im a little worried if it would be just a badge placed on the speaker casing or does it show up on the rns 510 what the ampliflyer is ect as i have specified this also.
Do you know if i can get hold of a rigid car boot liner like i have for my golf,,,got to sell this also as im taking it out when i px.
Will the bury work through the steering wheel and through the dvd satnav and speakers do you know?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

the dynaudio is an improved system, I haven't heard a car with it in for comparison though & don't know the ins & outs. you'd be better off asking in tech talk about it.

yes there is a rigid boot liner you can buy for the roc, off the top of my head I think its around £50 from the dealers but don't quote me. I found mine on ebay

the bury system is a separate screen & controls, it is not integrated into the car system so I do not believe you use the steering wheel controls. the only systems fully integrated into the car are the premium bluetooth (but this only works on phones with rsap) & Fiscon which is an aftermarket item.

S
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

you can have a listen to mine at Inters if u wish Trix....the Dynaudio upgrade that is.
Simon_T
CRUISE CONTROL
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

Post by Simon_T »

pardon me but whats inters???
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Inters. :)

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

GTI2RocR wrote:you can have a listen to mine at Inters if u wish Trix....the Dynaudio upgrade that is.
you are getting as bad as Robin :clap:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

HOW can you say that lol my hair's nowhere near as long or the level of gold "bling" on me fingers :lol:

But I'll catch up wiv ya at Inters.

Im tempted to have a few goes on the sprint track :D should crack 60mph in 2nd gear if i ping it to 7k rpm.
sax2

Post by sax2 »

RW1 wrote:Hi Simon,
:welcome:

Changes are at the top of the topic.
Colours:
Opal Silver, Pewter Grey and Shadow Blue colours discontinued.
Silver Leaf, Indium Grey and Night Blue colours added.

Not Sumatra! ;)

Suggest you take the list from the top of this topic and check them off with the dealer next week when you speak with them so as you are certain.

C.
Hi...do u have some picture about the new NIGHT BLUE colour? I've orderer a night blue roc...and i'm waiting for it...but i never see this colour...could u help me?! thanks...
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

:trysearch:

The thread right below this called - Colour Changes has pictures.

Here's the link:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=4&t=4881
Now a Proud Owner!
sax2

Post by sax2 »

thank you very much STUAZ ;)
pontypwl
Options: Bi-Xenon headlights; flat tyre indicator; electrically folding door mirrors; door sill trim; fixed price service plan.

Post by pontypwl »

I've just been informed by my dealer today, that folding electric wing mirrors are now standard kit on GT models. He said that when they processed the order (I had specified folding wing mirrors), they got an error message saying that the wing mirrors were now included as standard.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

interesting, i'm presuming you are a uk order pontypwl...?

:welcome: btw

S
stuaz

Post by stuaz »

Yeah would be nice to know if thats a defo or not. Got mine being built week 27!
Now a Proud Owner!
Simon_T
CRUISE CONTROL
FLOOR MATS
BOOT LINER
3 YEARS SERVICING

Post by Simon_T »

Well i hope your right mines build week 28 but they never mentioned anything like that to me.
Like i said before are the dealers kept in the loop.
davemarks
In: Rising Blue
Options: Black Leather, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, 19" Lugano alloys

Post by davemarks »

I'm build week 28 too!

I went back to add electric mirrors and tyre pressure guage which I read somewhere else as well was made standard on GT models, so if you can confirm this that would be great - sure my dealer will do all then can to trawl back some of the money i got knocked off by charging me for these still!
pontypwl
Options: Bi-Xenon headlights; flat tyre indicator; electrically folding door mirrors; door sill trim; fixed price service plan.

Post by pontypwl »

Yup, a UK order. My dealer wasn't aware of it during our negotiations, and added the cost into the package. He then called me yesterday to say that the VW ordering system would not allow him to add the wing mirrors as they were already included on the GT. It does seem that the dealers are not always aware of the updated specs.
pontypwl

Post by pontypwl »

Sorry everyone. He got it mixed up with the flat tyre sensor. He called me yesterday to apologise :grumpy:
stuaz

Post by stuaz »

lol that makes more sense then :)
Now a Proud Owner!