glass cleaning ARGGGGGH !

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
chebaroony
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

glass cleaning ARGGGGGH !

Post by chebaroony »

Come on then you lot , whats the best and easiest way to clean your windows , inside mainly - does my nut.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: glass cleaning ARGGGGGH !

Post by trix »

Hi Chebaroony

the easiest way would be to get someone else to do them for you :lol: but not always an option, best its personal opinion

my routine:
for the interior I find its all in the cloth you use to polish the product off with
I use a cream based cleaner (am using Mer glass cleaner at the moment) & polish off with a really clean cloth (preferably dedicated to interior windows) so that there is no grease or other product on it but very regularly find you have to go over it twice to make sure you've got all the bits that you miss in the corners & preferably do it in sunlight to see the smudges.
As long as you don't put hand prints on them & put screen mounted satnav's on them then they should stay reasonably clean for a while (i've only cleaned my windows on the inside twice in 6 months)

Exterior:
cream cleaner & polish off as above then rainX/rain away type product

Hope that helps
S
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

i tend to use the wipes you get from tescos, then polish off with a micro fibre, if there are any white residue left.

in fact, you should always leave a microfibre cloth in the car. its a really useful item to have.

for the outside, like Trix i use rain repellants, so just use that as a cleaner as well.
shed27
Options: 19" Lugano's, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by shed27 »

Always used to use Auto Glym Glass Polish (cream type polish as Trix describes) with a Micro fibre. This works really well, but does time a bit of time to get into all the corners properly.

Recently though I bought some Meguiars NXT glass cleaner (clear liquid in a spray bottle) and it is brilliant!! Really quick, and gives great, streak-free results. Smells good too. While I was at it I got two glass specific micro fibres, they've got a really tight weave and don't feel all that soft, but clean really well. One lives in the glove box now.
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

Astonish Glass Cleaner, apply liberally and wipe off with a decent microfibre cloth, jobs a goodun.
chebaroony
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by chebaroony »

some good advice there ppl , thanks very much
autoperfection

Post by autoperfection »

We use Lusso Glass Polish on our windows - you can use it neat (which gets the best results in our opinion) or you can dilute it down to make the product last longer.
http://www.autoperfection.com/shop/Luss ... 237ml.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure your microfibre is clean, otherwise you can end up with greasy marks that are a nightmare when the sun shines... using a waffle weave microfibre on the windows works well, as these tend to have a little more bite to them than normal fluffy microfibres, which helps to lift off the dirt. Strangely enough, we recommend our waffle weave wheel dryer for windows as well as wheels (although we don't recommend using one microfibre for both jobs! :) ) as this cloth works wonders on glass.
http://www.autoperfection.com/shop/Auto ... Dryer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps

Taryn :)
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

I've used this stuff for years - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/auto ... olish.aspx - its brilliant, in the summer months it rips splattered flies from the windscreen effortlessly and leaves a good shine on the glass.

Just don't use it in strong sun... :cry:
infinidim
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: with most option but not the navigation system.......

Post by infinidim »

klippie wrote:I've used this stuff for years - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/auto ... olish.aspx - its brilliant, in the summer months it rips splattered flies from the windscreen effortlessly and leaves a good shine on the glass.

Just don't use it in strong sun... :cry:
I use the same stuff and it's great..... :eyepop: :clap:

Infinidim 8)
Infinidim 8)
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

" You'll never loose a Viper Green Scirocco ! "