B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
stan2w
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control,tomtom

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by stan2w »

mickwillow wrote:Hi Viper green
My order date was the 23 march ! how about yours
Mine was 23rd March too, Viper 170DSG, Inchcape Telford told me today that its built and awaiting shipment!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Should be with me May 13th just in time to wave the QQ goodbye :clap: :clap:

Just three weeks to wait.

stan
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

say hi to matt for me stan, he supplied mine back in oct last year

S
stan2w
Options: cruise control,tomtom

Post by stan2w »

trix wrote:say hi to matt for me stan, he supplied mine back in oct last year

S
will do trix
mickwillow
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Post by mickwillow »

WOW Viper !!!! :yes: :yes: Now iam waiting for a call from my dealer :cry:
ukgazman
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise
Winter Pack
Xenons
Sat Nav
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Parking Sensors
Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by ukgazman »

Ordered: 19th April (Week 16)
EST Build: Week begining 24th May (Week 21)

:D
danj906
Options: Plate S123CCO

Post by danj906 »

phoned my dealer again today for an up date, and am now being told i have an est build week of 23 not 24 as it was 2 -3 weeks ago :) and coz its build after wk 22 i get the changes :) "red TSI badge " woop
TonyR83
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Model Year 2011
-19" Talladega
-RNS 510
-cruise control
-volumetric alarm
-mirrors pack
-bluetooth Premium (Rsap)
-light assist
-no ACC = DCC in Italy

Post by TonyR83 »

In Italy I ordered my Scirocco R 15th April
EST Build: week 30 (the end of July)

Ordered 15th April
Build week 28 (12-18 July)
Charged 2nd August
Expected arrival 6/15 August
samdub
In: Rising Blue
Options: Two-tone Cornsilk Beige/Black Vienna Leather, BiXenon Headlights, Cruise Control, DAB Radio, Dynaudio Premium Sound, Interlagos 18's, Parking sensors, Electronic folding mirrors, Mats, Dangley Cherry Air Freshener

Post by samdub »

My Dealer text today to inform me its at checkpoint 3. Means a hell of a lot to me... had a search but none the wiser :shrug:

I'm excited yes but not impatient. Good things... :clap:
~ GT TDI 208ps revo ~
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

samdub wrote:My Dealer text today to inform me its at checkpoint 3. Means a hell of a lot to me... had a search but none the wiser :shrug:

I'm excited yes but not impatient. Good things... :clap:
What was your build date? Mine is week 19 as is on a ship/dock.
Now a Proud Owner!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

samdub wrote:My Dealer text today to inform me its at checkpoint 3. Means a hell of a lot to me... had a search but none the wiser :shrug:
It means its about two days from being finishing build/inspection and out of the factory on the way to the docks at Setúbal to get aboard a ship.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
aspireite
Options: Parking Sensors Wing mirrors

Post by aspireite »

What's the rough current avg lead time now from the above it looks to be around 6-8 weeks is that correct?

Hoping to order later this year
Deft
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Deft »

Estimated build week 24 for me, dealer just let us know today, ordered end of April.
Nornironman
Options: GT options Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Hill hold, Tyre Sensors, Sat Nav. Cruise control, telephone prep

Post by Nornironman »

I ordered a month ago - still no build date. Is this normal?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

your dealer may not be telling you all the fluctuations & will only tell you once its confirmed (about 4 weeks before build). if you want to know all the details however minor tell him & ask pertinent questions.

S
Nornironman
Options: GT options Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Hill hold, Tyre Sensors, Sat Nav. Cruise control, telephone prep

Post by Nornironman »

OK thanks Trix... not sure what pertinent questions to ask..... is it err being built? errr when? It just seems odd, handed over the deposit, received one email and that's been about it!
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

"I realise that the build week will be subject to change but please could you advise what my unconfirmed build week is currently"
"please could I have my commission number" (you can then ring vw customer services & check what the build week is with them & it should put a certain level of fear in to your salesman as the info or lack there of that hes giving you is not enough for your liking) [commission number is 6 digits & not the same as the one on your order form]

they are some to start.. so let us know how you get on with those

S
Nornironman

Post by Nornironman »

OK he's going to send me a screen dump from the VW system. With comm number and projected build date.

I'll be happy when I see that.

Thanks for your help.
martinTDI140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat nav with dynaudio, cruise control, folding mirrors, winter pack with cloth trim

Post by martinTDI140 »

Hi everyone.

I spoke with my dealer on Friday and got an update. My GT is due to be in build during week 22 but is not showing as scheduled yet. I've ordered the DSG gearbox and apparently there is a delay on this gearbox at present. Demand is outstripping supply. My car could be two to three weeks late :( At least it will be built to 2011 model year :)

Its going to be a long June!

Martin.
martinTDI140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat nav with dynaudio, cruise control, folding mirrors, winter pack with cloth trim

Post by martinTDI140 »

Me again.

I've spoken with my dealer again today, Wolsey VW in Ipswich, and my car now has a scheduled build date of sometime in week 25. I'm likely to get my hands on her in mid to late July all being well. At least I know it's going to be build soonish!!

Martin.
Searchin4aRoc
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

RW1 wrote:The week number the dealers tell you is always the week in which the Scirocco is finally finished at the factory. Assembly starts about 7 days beforehand. The week number is not firm and fixed until about 3 to 4 weeks before they've decided to build. Upto that decision point, supply of "just in time parts" will influence the factory "start assembly" decision. So your build week number given to you can/may/will float around a bit until the "start assembly" decision by the factory. Your dealer has all this available to them on the dealership Dialogue System.

I was initially told Wk43 for my Scirocco order - 12 July'09, then after 2 weeks mine stayed put at Wk42 until 3 weeks before it was made, when I told it would be Wk43 confirmed. Some have not been as fortunate as me to have a steady view all the way along.

VW have had supply problems with parts due to demand levels. eg. the 1.4TSi 160PS engine. They ordered 3,500 in March 2009 from the VW engine plant. By August'09 the "sold" requirement was passing 9,000 units! Similar story for the Diesel 2.0ltr 170PS. This popular demand caught VW out and don't forget this is not just VW but Audi, SEAT and Skoda. As a result, the Sciroccos with these engines last summer/autumn went long distance on delivery times to the customer. This included me (18 weeks order placed to dealer received - not the longest wait time on here though!). I was quoted 12 weeks on the day I order, just smiled and informed them of the above 1.4TSi problem. :roll: Earlier in late 2008, it was a shortage of sunroofs causing Scirocco orders to be delayed.

Just to give you an idea how fine it is, take major components such as the engine and gearbox. (I think these are transported by rail from Germany to Portugal.) Been to the big rail head at Saltzgitter VW Factory. Saw them sending shed loads of engines out at time, the size of a football pitch just full of crated engines just for one days production.

My Engine was finished in Germany at Saltzgitter on 09.10.09 at 10:09 and 12 seconds!
My Gearbox was finished in Germany at Kassel on 10.10.09 at 14:03 and 15 seconds!
My Scirocco started assembly in the Palmela, Portugal VW Factory on 16.10.09
My Scirocco left the factory for Setabul, Portugal dockside 23.10.09

It will be on your white boot sticker which day it actually was finished. First part of my 2nd posting on this.......
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... t=+sticker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
RW1 ... that's incredible information - in tandem with the rest of your posts!

Many thanks for 'steering' us all in the right direction! :yes: