What colour is this?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: What colour is this?

Post by Chungster »

Ok I guess it could be Sumatra now that trix has posted those pics lol
stevieboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio Sound, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Badge Deletion, H&R Springs, Revoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post by stevieboy »

I think it's Viper Green, but I am colour blind and I've been in the pub since midday :rolleyes2:
.... I smile because I have no idea of what's going on ....
Shooter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Inter's,Mats,Tints,Hill hold and flat tyre indicator.

Post by Shooter »

trix wrote:sorry guys there is no way in hell thats pewter grey, its sumatra or black. in non direct strong light sumatra looks like very dark slate grey.
having seen my car in various different lights from winter to the english attempt at summer so far I think I'm qualified to say that

pics of sumatra http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 280#p29280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S
You could of shown me these earlier!! And it wouldnt have taken me aslong to choose Sumatra. Also made me feel better seeing the car/colour without the Fogs, like you said to me, looks niceee :yes:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

sorry they have always been available to search for.

S
Shooter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Inter's,Mats,Tints,Hill hold and flat tyre indicator.

Post by Shooter »

Yeah ignore me just being kind of sarcastic.

Great pics looks very nice can't wait for mine :)
Gunnertaz
Options: Media pack, Sports pack, Comfort pack, Leather Trim 'Vienna Black', Park Distance Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Blue Tooth, Floor Mats

Post by Gunnertaz »

Its definitely Sumatra. Collected mine 2 Weeks ago and from a distance on a dull day it looks almost Black, but in the sunlight its got a coppery look. Fantastic Colour , getting nothing but Compliments. :yes:
Richard A
In: Candy White
Options: SatNav, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Bi-Xenons

Post by Richard A »

Not sure which colour it is, but I like those German market wheels... strong and simple, that's how I like my wheels, the Interlagos are OK, I can live with them, but they're a tad too fussy for me.
sat1983

Post by sat1983 »

I agree the wheels look very good. Sumatra is the colour I will choose. I test drove a 2.0 TSI DSG and was my first drive in an auto. Let's say it was interesting and took a while to get used to!
I defo will be choosing DSG.
Grampa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Post by Grampa »

As someone who works in the graphics industry, I would say never judge a car by the colours you can see in print or worse still on a computer screen - digital cameras vary wildly and even images from the top notch professional cameras need a lot of work to get the colours right before going into print.

Anything you view on a computer screen can vary wildly due to the quality, type and adjustments of the screen - to get an accurate representation of the colours of the image you need a temperature controlled fully calibrated screen and even then you need to know that someone hasn't tweaked the image - e.g. 60 seconds work produced the variations you see below on my own Viper Green car...

... the only way to be sure what your car will look like is to see one in the metal.

Searchin4aRoc
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

I agree with that ... I had seen the Viper Green colour on several photos - but none of these properly prepared me for exactly how vivid the colour is 'in the metal'!