a scratch!!!!!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
shaunipoos
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: vienna leather, folding mirrors, RCD510, parking sensors, flat tyre detectors, mats, and hopefully sills (fingers crossed)!!

a scratch!!!!!!!

Post by shaunipoos »

hey guys i was parked up at a hosp tonight due to takin a family member in came bk to my car an there is a massive scratch all down the drivers wing. needless to say i am not impressed at all. anyone know anywhere tht is any good at repairin scratchs?? :( :cry:
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: a scratch!!!!!!!

Post by iroc »

Feel for you mate, there are some inconsiderate people about.

Depends on how deep the scratch is really. If it's a surface scratch try chips away. If it's a deeper scratch try and get some feedback about local bodyshops.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

shaunipoos not nice, i wait the day when mine has a similar fate
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Instead of parking as close to the entrance of Tescos as possible, i'm parking as far away as I can! An extra minutes walk will be worth not having some gimp smack my door in with thiers!
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Suffered the same fate unfortunately - scratch on the front bumper - Chips Away attending the injured on Boxing Day to repair, £50 but could still do without it! :cry:

Even the missus has realised that parking at the other end of the car park is of benefit!!!

Roc On
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

yes even the missus has worked out far away in tescos and upper floors of multistories, LCM let me know how chips away get on as need to sort out the bits on the golf
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Just getting ready to hand back my current car before taking delivery of my Scirocco. I have carried out my own "de-hire" inspection as per the lease companies guidlines and i can't believe the amount of dents & scratches the car has accumulated through parking dings. It is bright red but also seems to be invisible as the same time, it has been hit on two seperate occasions in car parks causing damage and people have just driven off. There are also a number of dents from doors. Unfortunately i think i have a big bill coming from the lease company, just what i need! :cry:

My brother in law also had his new S3 bashed in a car parked a couple of weeks back, damaging the bumper and rear light cluster. The guy just drove off.

As you can tell, a bit of a touchy subject with me also. Sorry for the rant.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
shaunipoos
In: Shadow Blue
Options: vienna leather, folding mirrors, RCD510, parking sensors, flat tyre detectors, mats, and hopefully sills (fingers crossed)!!

Post by shaunipoos »

its pants guys, i always park where there is no one about tht is y it is so annoyin. especially because i parked in a ambo officer spot where no one else is supposed to park not good guys!!
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Gutted for your shaunipoos, hope the repair goes smoothly
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

i work in a v.a.g approved bodyshop, our work is quality and kinda expencive compaired to the man in a van, but our work is a million times better, i havent seen a decent job being done by one of them yet.

im based in crewe so its about 50 miles away, dont know if that is too far from you?
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Baz
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, cruise control, parking sensors, folding mirrors, mats (free), premium sills (free), metal pedals (free), supaguard (free)

Post by Mr Baz »

Ryan,

how much more expensive are you than the man in the van?? I have a few nasty stone chips that I need to get sorted in the new year

Cheers
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

Mr Baz wrote:Ryan,

how much more expensive are you than the man in the van?? I have a few nasty stone chips that I need to get sorted in the new year

Cheers
Ditto
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

oh dear, i can see something happening here lol.

it all depends on what you want doing, as it depends on where the chips are, and how much money you want to spend, ill break it down to make it easier.

we could either paint part of the bumper and fade it out, but after time there will be a slight shadow (im being picky here, there is a lifetime guarentee on "fade out laquer" but i dont believe in it, i allways think the full part should be painted)

paint the full bumper on the car and mask the trims out

or remove the bumper and take all parts off, repaint it, refit the trims then refit the bumper

like i said it depends on what you want doing, but on a brand new car, im sure as hell know what i would be doing.

(oh yeah MODS....... am i allowed to start quoting people on here about how much my company will charge for providing services, as im the panel beater there, so im not making any money out of this, and am i allowed to put the details on here, let me know, thanks)
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Had Chips Away sort the scratch.

Pleased with the result but will report back once I have seen it in better light.
IMG_0742.jpg
:cry:
IMG_0750.jpg
:clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roc On!!
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

How much did that sting you? looks like a good job..
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

It looks like they've done a good job. :yes:
LCM

Post by LCM »

Eighty of my hard earned beer tokens plus Mr Darlings pound of flesh it came in around £100.

Off on the long haul from London to Aberdeen in ther early hours of the morning - actually looking forward to the drive this time though!! :nod:

Have a happy new year everyone - I have my big 40 between now and then so hopefully my liver can take it!!
Roc On

Roc On!!
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Thats a good 10 hour journey mate, done Peterborough to Buckie before, in an M reg Laguna, i was almost crippled :faint: :D
LCM

Post by LCM »

I have made it from London to the border in just under 3 and half and on another trip I made it to Perth in 5 hours - you must have been reversing mate??? :lol:

Mind you, I once drove from Truro to Aberdeen on the 27th December and it took close to 13 hours!! Hence the midnight run this time. :faint:

Think I will be taking it fairly steady this time though as I don't want to spank the Roc too hard on it's first big run.

Roc On!!
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

There is no way you can do london to border in 3 hours mate, not unless your doing well over a ton! it takes me 5 hours from surrey to newcastle and thats at 85, and if you are,..watch yourself round north yorkshire / durham, the rozzers there come out of nowhere.