MAX SPEED

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Deb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Re: MAX SPEED

Post by Deb »

I've been keeping nice and steady, especially since I got a speeding ticket the day before my 'Roc arrived. However, I accidentally found myself doing just under 120 up the M5 this afternoon.

It wasn't my fault. Honest. I was happily doing my usual 80, overtaking vehicles going slower than me and then pulling back into the inside lane but I'd seen this blonde frizzy headed bint in a Merc hogging the middle lane for some miles, and every time I overtook and pulled in again she did the same, only instead of pulling into the inside lane she stayed in the middle one. She then decided to drive the same speed as me exactly next to me in the middle lane, and there was a truck ahead, and rather than her being courteous and either pulling ahead or back to let me out she just sat there, so I wellied Eric*. I didn't mean to go that fast, I'd not even dropped down from 6th, but I wasn't happy to find myself at instant ban speed.**

*My Roc is called Eric. Sorry.
**This is a lie in case the police saw me do it. It was f***king great. Wheeeeee!
robmx
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by robmx »

I've found the scirocco to be pretty stable at high speeds, managed to wind it up to about 140 and it felt pretty effortless. I remember trying to get my old mk3 GTi above 135 and that really felt like I was wringing it's neck.

The only problem I had with mine is that in getting to those heady heights I got out accelerated by a mk1 jetta (albeit with a G60 engine wedged in it) :(
tmeypaz
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by tmeypaz »

I hit 150mph (240 Km/h) on an empty stretch of highway but then it wasn't so empty anymore :shrug:
I drive a REVO remapped 1.4 and I reckon it should hit a similar MAX speed as the 2.0L.
If I had to guess, I would say 250Km/h is a fairly reasonable target.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Deb wrote:I've been keeping nice and steady, especially since I got a speeding ticket the day before my 'Roc arrived. However, I accidentally found myself doing just under 120 up the M5 this afternoon.
LOL :clap:
drawface
With a: DSG box
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

Post by drawface »

wow 240 on a 1.4 tsi!
pocket rocket u got there!

I was thinking of going for the OCT chip heard it adds about 40 more horses but would the fuel consumption be alot worse? has anyone done that? please advice
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

there are plenty of discussions on remaps in engines & tuning drawface, have a look there

S
tmeypaz

Post by tmeypaz »

That's right, you'll find many here have experienced a remap on a 1.4.
As for the fuel consumption, it's worse only when you use the extra juice.
When I drive calmly it stays the same as before.
drawface
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

Post by drawface »

Nice Thank you all
leekb

Post by leekb »

Fully Stock standard Scirocco 2.0 TSI (200 bhp batch)

78 KG (172 lbs) Driver only. No passenger. About 20 KG (44 lbs) of personal load in boot. Fuel tank half-full. Tyre Pressure 250 kPa (36 psi) all-round on Dunlops. Dry Road. Air temperature 35°C. DSG S-Mode. Max boost 0.9 bar (13 psi).

In-dash speedo: 239 Km/h (149 Mph)
Max-speed recorded by GPS: 231 Km/h (144 Mph)
Manufacturer top speed claim: 235 Km/h (146 Mph)

Oil temperature surged to 118°C immediately after the run. Cooled down to 105°C after 5 minutes relaxed cruising.

BTW. The Auto Headlight comes on automatically at about 160 Km/h (100 Mph).
drawface

Post by drawface »

What is the auto head lights? thats a new info for me. I was driving at temperature around 37 c but my oil temp still stays at 90 all the way, using dunlop tires too, with 18" inch rims and half full tank of petrol. My weight is 60 kg personal load could be around 20 kg?? not sure. anyway I quite like the feeling when you drive at that speed, its very dangerous and very scary but once you did it you wanna do it again! haha
bianco
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

drawface wrote:What is the auto head lights?
If the headlights are off, then they turn them self on (low beam) when You accelerate past 160 km/h (100 mph?)

If You break hard from a speed above (? km/h), then the hazard light blinks (all indicators)
leekb

Post by leekb »

My Roc comes with the Bi-Xenon auto headlight option. I leave it at "Auto" mode all the time. In "Auto" mode, the dusk sensor would switch on the headlights when the surrounding turns dark. The headlight would remain off when it is bright day light. But when you speed past 100 Mph or so, the headlights would come on automatically even in bright day light, presumably for safety reason.

I have not attempted to brake hard from high speed to test if the indicators blink.
marriedblonde
Options: Winter pack, 19"'s and a couple of other bits I have forgotten.

Post by marriedblonde »

bianco wrote: If You break hard from a speed above (? km/h), then the hazard light blinks (all indicators)
Not in the uk they don't...
Married and Blond, yes. Still a guy with a poor taste in user names.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
marriedblonde

Post by marriedblonde »

tmeypaz wrote:I hit 150mph (240 Km/h) on an empty stretch of highway but then it wasn't so empty anymore :shrug:
I drive a REVO remapped 1.4 and I reckon it should hit a similar MAX speed as the 2.0L.
If I had to guess, I would say 250Km/h is a fairly reasonable target.
250kph is about 156mph, I doubt very much your car will hit that speed. Cars running 275-285bhp are getting just above that figure.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

I reached 210 km/h the other day. Ive seen a picture where the scirocco 200hp reaches around 260-270km/h, now that is some scary stuff
ALL MODS ON HOLD
marriedblonde

Post by marriedblonde »

Wow in that case I am obviously wrong! a 200hp scirocco will easily do 156 mph as they can apperently do close to 170mph... (I know 270kmh is only 168mph but I was using artisitic license ;-) )

samdub
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Two-tone Cornsilk Beige/Black Vienna Leather, BiXenon Headlights, Cruise Control, DAB Radio, Dynaudio Premium Sound, Interlagos 18's, Parking sensors, Electronic folding mirrors, Mats, Dangley Cherry Air Freshener

Post by samdub »

leekb wrote:I have not attempted to brake hard from high speed to test if the indicators blink.
I was skim reading, missed loads and found that hilarious!
~ GT TDI 208ps revo ~
rhcp128
In: Sumatra

Post by rhcp128 »

The indicator auto blink happens every time when you brake hard regardless of what speed you are breaking from... at least on the german version of the car
drawface

Post by drawface »

yes I saw a 1.4 hitting 250 km/h. on youtube you guys can check it out
[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by trix on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube tags added
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

rhcp128 wrote:The indicator auto blink happens every time when you brake hard regardless of what speed you are breaking from... at least on the german version of the car
Same on UK version. :yes:
Now a Proud Owner!