Driving Position

danwuk
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Driving Position

Post by danwuk »

Hi All
Not specifically just the Scirocco, but im wondering if anyone has a really easy and good way of getting the best possible driving position in any car? .i.e good back support etc.
I always seem to take a while to find the right position in any car, im about 5'10 and average build so shouldnt be too much of a problem, just seems to take me a while. Done a thousand miles on the Scirocco now and im still fiddling with the seat settings. Any body have any tips or thoughts?
drnick
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Re: Driving Position

Post by drnick »

Seat base quite low, seat back as upright as possible whilst still comfortable, with your back resting on the seat rest your arms / hands on the wheel - the veins in your wrists should rest on the top of the steering wheel when your arms are straight. I like a good lumbar support too. As I remember there's a guide in the manual for most cars (I suppose legally they have to tell you how to sit in a car).
DavidH
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Re: Driving Position

Post by DavidH »

Yeah, low, upright, wheel towards you so that you can get your wrists on top, you should be able to twirl the wheel with your hands at quarter to three without your shoulder leaving the back of the seat, ie when you turn left you're pushing your right shoulder into the seat , making the seat do the work and not your core muscles, stomach muscles etc. Staying loose and relaxed. I'm probably going to have to put a bend in the gear lever on mine because of my long legs, have to wait and see when i get it. it's the only mod i'd do and the only one that matters, i hate having to reach and have my shoulder leave the back of the seat for 1st and 3rd.