Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Rocco17
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" Talladega alloys
DAB
Parking sensors
Leathers
Dynaudio
Folding wing mirrors

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by Rocco17 »

GTI2RocR wrote:btw...u asking for VW to give u the 3 year service pack for FREE or u adding it to your order?

That £250 deal is only for 3 basic oil changes...nothing else is included!

I almost changed to that until i got told what it covers. So I'm staying with my full service and maintenance plan.
I am asking them to throw in the service and maintenance pack for free (you don't ask, you don't get!) :shrug:
TonyR83
In: Candy White
Options: Model Year 2011
-19" Talladega
-RNS 510
-cruise control
-volumetric alarm
-mirrors pack
-bluetooth Premium (Rsap)
-light assist
-no ACC = DCC in Italy

Post by TonyR83 »

I'm waiting my Scirocco R, white candy, with 19" Talladega :) I'm very happy. I've ordered on 8 April...and now, I have to wait....3-4 months

Ordered 15th April
Build week 28 (12-18 July)
Charged 2nd August
Expected arrival 6/15 August
timjones100
Options: Sound pack, phone prep, 19's and folding mirrors.

Post by timjones100 »

Got build week of 15, this week, sales guy says 4 weeks for the build?!?!?! and then 2 weeks delivery, is this right? btw placed order beginning of November, as soon as they would take the order!
BrownBear
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG, 19" wheels, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors and full Dynaudio package without 6 CD changer

Post by BrownBear »

I placed my order in mid November and was finally told that it was confirmed start of March roughly for a BW 15. Was apparently at check point 5 (out of 6 I think but not 100% concrete) and will hopefully be with me end of this month or first few days in May if it makes a sailing I assume. 4 weeks to build seems a little crazy to me going by comments on here before and how fast mine has been build
martinjrose
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

I ordered the same time as you did Brownbear, My build date is still unconfirmed build week 21. I am being fed bullsh*t, including the delay in DSG but it appears to me your sis almost the same spec and you have almost got yours. It really is a joke.
BrownBear
Options: DSG, 19" wheels, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors and full Dynaudio package without 6 CD changer

Post by BrownBear »

That does seem really poor.I was Dec allocation but I ordered in Nov. What I'm angry is that when I ordered I was told that only way these could be ordered were customer orders only and they had to have a signature on the order page so that dealers couldn't flood the system with fake orders so that they get them for their forecourts. It seems like too much of a coincidence that many of these dealers have in fact got loads of them in the showrooms. Some may be cancelled orders but others must have been ordered by dealers. You should be in for getting a hire car soon though eh cos they haven't got your car for you within the 20 weeks?!
martinjrose
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

I know I just really wanted my own car :( But they say its just the delay on the DSG but if yours is being built and has DSG this is obviously crap. Very angry. Congrats on yours though dude.
blakest
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

Went to the dealers on Sunday for an update,gone from wk 22 to wk 23 unconfirmed :cry:
timjones100

Post by timjones100 »

Got an update today - in build stage 4 of 8 - anyone know what this means and how long I've got left?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

timjones100 wrote:Got an update today - in build stage 4 of 8 - anyone know what this means and how long I've got left?
It's finished out the factory tomorrow. But the ship sails in the morning at 01:30!!! Hasn't made it. Watch the ships topic, http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next but not confirmed yet is the Bouzas. Watched her unloading in Tenerife, teatime yesterday. Due Setabul on 30.04.10. At Sheerness 03.05.10.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Georgeous
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Post by Georgeous »

Hi Folks,

Well this will be my last post in this topic :D

My R finally arrived at the dealers yesterday morning. I'll be working overseas until the 12th May, so I can't collect it until the 13th or 14th.

The dealer has promised me some nice piccies in a day or two when they've had it all valeted. So I'm looking forward to receiving those in my Inbox.

Later Peeps,
George T. Smith
timjones100

Post by timjones100 »

Status now in shipping - anyone know how long left?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Tim

it will have either got this ship arriving into sheerness on roughly the 29th or will be getting this one going to emden & then getting shuttled over

mostly likely is the first as its showing as shipping, follow the linked thread for further details of the ship & when it docks

S
druid
Options: 19"wheels,sunroof,vienna leather,dvd nav & autochanger,folding mirrors and parking sensors

Post by druid »

I ordered my R on the 1st.november 09 white,dsg,panoramic s/roof,leather,19"wheels etc for a Dec/Jan delivery.Ha Ha. By the end of feb that had been put back to April/May.Now my dealer tells me that due to manufacturing problems with the dsg box i won't see it till at least July, which I guess means September/October. VW GB are of no help either, allthough i have been offered a coutesey car until mine is ready{ don't laugh but that was a Zafira or Focus}. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there really a problem with the dsg boxes or have they had my car and sold it to somebody else.
ed2708
Options: leather
19" rims
rear parking sensors

Post by ed2708 »

i ordered my black dsg with leather, 19" and parking sensors on 1 feb and am gettin it thursday. so ordering in nov and being told july seems a bit of a pee take. espec since theres loads of demo cars knocking about too.
SilverChariot
In: Rising Blue
Options: Acutally, it's a Golf R.

Post by SilverChariot »

druid wrote:I ordered my R on the 1st.november 09 white,dsg,panoramic s/roof,leather,19"wheels etc for a Dec/Jan delivery.Ha Ha. By the end of feb that had been put back to April/May.Now my dealer tells me that due to manufacturing problems with the dsg box i won't see it till at least July, which I guess means September/October. VW GB are of no help either, allthough i have been offered a coutesey car until mine is ready{ don't laugh but that was a Zafira or Focus}. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there really a problem with the dsg boxes or have they had my car and sold it to somebody else.
Not a Roc R, but I experienced similar with a high specification Golf R I ordered. It was also DSG.

Ordered 2 Novemeber 2009 and has gradually got pushed back. I checked late last week and it was looking like early July delivery. So, I told 'em to stuff it and found a stock car in a similar spec which I pick up on Saturday (hopefully). :D

I think there are supply problems with various components, so the higher the specification the more likely it'll get delayed. But, like you say, bit of p***s take when they've managed to build a significant number of "introductory volume" stock cars. :(
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

damn just as well i didn't fancy the DSG option at all then.

still i feel for those still waiting.

was at a dealer yesterday enquiring about the new Polo. 16 week wait due to demand totally outstripping supply capacity!
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

druid wrote:I ordered my R on the 1st.november 09 white,dsg,panoramic s/roof,leather,19"wheels etc for a Dec/Jan delivery.Ha Ha. By the end of feb that had been put back to April/May.Now my dealer tells me that due to manufacturing problems with the dsg box i won't see it till at least July, which I guess means September/October. VW GB are of no help either, allthough i have been offered a coutesey car until mine is ready{ don't laugh but that was a Zafira or Focus}. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there really a problem with the dsg boxes or have they had my car and sold it to somebody else.
Really? I thought they might have at least tried to offer something similar, thats poor...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Druid

thats worrying, you say VW UK aren't any use..? are they giving the same story? different story? I'm just trying to think along lines of attack

S
blakest
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

Hi Druid,
Your not on your own,i'm in the same boat as you [well will be when they get built] ordered 28 Nov,been in contact with VW customer service and Inchcape Bury with no joy.Was told initially delivery APR but it could be JUN.This delay is costing me a fortune as i keep adding to the order my latest options are 19's and parking sensors you'd have thought they might have contributed something towards the cost,not a chance.If they weren't honoring my part ex i would have cancelled a long time ago.build wk 23 so when do you think i would be taking delivery? if it comes JUL they can keep it till SEP as i have said before a car regesterd in JUL will be worth the same price as if it was registerd in MAR you just loose 4 months value when you come to trade it in,it will just be a 10 plate :cry: