UK Remap

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Mainy
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: 19s, Leather, Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio

UK Remap

Post by Mainy »

Has anyone remapped their R in the UK yet ?

The roads are cleaning up nicely up here and I'm sorely tempted by a wee bit more power :D
Black Roc R
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: UK Remap

Post by Chungster »

had a long chat with Wigit and some other mates from the GTI stables (same engines) about this.

I'm not sure I need more power really. It shifts pretty well. I say it needs a proper slippy diff before more power is added as I'm not sure the XDS works that well (i tested this round a bend and it didn't react in the way i expected!)

I reckon its doing around 280bhp in stock form anyhow. That's plenty on these uk roads.
Evil Derboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

GTI2RocR wrote:had a long chat with Wigit and some other mates from the GTI stables (same engines) about this.

I'm not sure I need more power really. It shifts pretty well. I say it needs a proper slippy diff before more power is added as I'm not sure the XDS works that well (i tested this round a bend and it didn't react in the way i expected!)

I reckon its doing around 280bhp in stock form anyhow. That's plenty on these uk roads.
Pussy! :lol:
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

lol bottom line is...when can i use 300+bhp.

power only comes into it when ur doing silly speeds.

the R can get upto silly speeds in stock spec no problem what so ever. So do u really need anymore unless its for willy waving at the local.
Mainy
Options: 19s, Leather, Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio

Post by Mainy »

GTI2RocR wrote:lol bottom line is...when can i use 300+bhp.

the R can get upto silly speeds in stock spec no problem what so ever. So do u really need anymore unless its for willy waving at the local.
:rolleyes: the roads are nice and empty up here and I don't go to pubs, I'd rather pay for petrol than beer :)
Black Roc R
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Mainy wrote:

:rolleyes: the roads are nice and empty up here and I don't go to pubs, I'd rather pay for petrol than beer :)
That's the spirit!
Anakin
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

Evil Derboy wrote:
GTI2RocR wrote:had a long chat with Wigit and some other mates from the GTI stables (same engines) about this.

Pussy! :lol:
lol

I'm still planning to remap mine, I think this xds does a good job, it is odd at first , felt like abs going off on 1 wheel but it did the job well !
I am still waiting on coilover kits for the R to come out b4 I remap it I think adding this will easily cope with 320bhp or so.
I agree if your going to tap the 360bhp that easily attained you going to have to star adding LSD etc. but that's not for me.

As for who I will get to remap it I'm not sure yet. C2UK have been highly recommended to me by some of the serious R32 modders. But they are at least 4 1/2h drive from me so I'm still looking at other options including VW racing and Revo map.
Solar Orange TT RS
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Mainy wrote:

thats fair enough if u have nice empty roads around u.

i don't go to pubs either...but to find any nice roads round here i'd have to do prolly at least 100 miles!

Now 300+bhp round the Nurburgring....THAT could be interesting and fun!

but we'll see.
SCIOCO R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, 19s, Electric seats, reversing sensors

Post by SCIOCO R »

SuperChips have given me a free of charge remap as my Ed 30 was stolen - they have been brilliant. I have heard that there are potentially better remaps on the market - I don't know. In terms of Customer Service Superchips are great. The S3 remap (same engine - diff drivetrain) gives 305BHP which I think is about the same as the 24hr Nurburgring Roc racer. :D

I am going to wait till at least 2,000 miles before I connect the bluefin up just to make sure. Also with bluefin you can plug your old settings straight back in at anytime. I'll let you know what I think. Having had an e46 M3 and 340bhp there are times when you can open it up and it's definitely worth it. :yes:

Agree with the XDS comments a mechanical / Quaife style LSD would have been better.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

makes me smile this one, it was a good chat GTI2RocR as you know my views on the one mod that needs to be done if going Stage 1 and the benefits it makes on a stock car :D
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
geordie562002
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

Hi fellas just a quick one on the XDS as some of you will already know all it is, is pressure being applied to the brakes on the wheel which is spinning therefore not half a s good as an LSD and also wears your pads down in half the time youd have thought. This isnt just my opinion it is a fact and also been stated somewhere in full by VW how it functions. Hope this helps and if you really do want to use all that power or go to track days then i would seriously reccomend a LSD it makes a hell of a difference.
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

wigit wrote:makes me smile this one, it was a good chat GTI2RocR as you know my views on the one mod that needs to be done if going Stage 1 and the benefits it makes on a stock car :D
Please share :)
Solar Orange TT RS