I won't sleep tonight... **UPDATED** pics and EVO Triangle

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
denmade
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

I won't sleep tonight... **UPDATED** pics and EVO Triangle

Post by denmade »

Dealer phoned me at 1pm this afternoon - car will be ready for collection 3pm tomorrow!

Factory order 1st Feb given BW 10, in UK (sheerness) 22nd March, collection 31st March

A little over 8 weeks!!

Can't believe how excited I am

Full tank of V-Power and off i go....

Dealer has applied AG Lifeshine but booking myself into 'Off Your Marks' detailers near Warrington for a new car detail (Zymol licensed) in the next few days (that is if they can fit me).

Will post pics asap
Last edited by denmade on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowardB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Re: I won't sleep tonight...

Post by HowardB »

Great news denmade! Waiting for your pics... :D
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
denmade

Re: I won't sleep tonight... **UPDATED** pics and EVO Triang

Post by denmade »

One word... AWESOME!

Took delivery on wednesday afternoon - slightly delayed as I forgot to bring my driving licence counterpart

Bloody rain and gale force winds meant my pride & joy got dirty very quickly

After looking around the web for some tasty roads to 'break in' my 'Roc, came across the "EVO triangle" on Pistonheads. So after putting the route into my sat nav off I went...

That's when my adventures began... for some unknown reason my Navman decided to send me down some 'interesting' welsh country roads on the way to Betws-y-coed - single track, about as wide as the 'Roc & with almost zero passing points... to say I was sweating a little would be a gross underestimation!

Finally got to the top of the triangle (from denbigh, groes and Llyn Bran)... BUT had forgotten to take notice of my computer display "RANGE 10 MILES - PLEASE REFUEL". I'd been ignoring the beeps as I kept triggering the speed alarm (not telling you what I had it set to though)

Managed to refuel at Shell garage in Denbigh - 51 litres of V-Power

Decided to take the scenic route back to Betws and racked up some more miles - once again the Navman was having a laugh but tbh I was lovin' it as the roads were pretty much clear apart from the occasional road kill

Anyway, eventually hit the triangle from the proper start point near Pentrefoelas on the A5 heading onto the A543, 30 mph pensioner in front of me (road is NSL) knew the score and kindly pulled over to let me past on the first available clear straight - 3rd gear was OUTRAGEOUS!!!

This story is long enough already so won't go into any more deatil - just to say that I was a fantastic run!

Took a few pics near Llyn Brenig (filthy 'Roc, lots of road salt and spray)

Got my wash kit from Autoperfection this morning - delivered within 24 hrs of my order - absolutely outstanding service and would recommend to evryone

Can't wait for more driving tomorrow :driver:

*** EVO Triangle - North Wales

About The Route

The EVO Triangle's name comes from the writers over at EVO Magazine. The writers use this route to test drive the cars for magazine features. The route has become very popular among driving enthusiasts, and seems to be one of the most talked about routes in the UK. The route starts on the A543 (just off the A5) heading North along tight sweeping bends and great scenery. You will then turn right onto the B4501 which takes you on some nice long sweeping bends with views of the Llyn Brenig Lake. This road then leads back to the A5 (going through the village of Cerrigydrudion) and back to where you started.

Total Distance: 20 Miles

Starting Point: A543 (near Pentrefoelas) heading North

EDIT: SORRY, NEED TO REDUCE THE FILESIZE OF MY PICS - WON'T UPLOAD AT PRESENT AS TOO BIG, DAMN! :no: :shrug:
Last edited by denmade on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denmade

Post by denmade »

PICS AS PROMISED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denmade

Post by denmade »

EVO TRIANGLE
evo triangle.jpg
DIRTY 'ROC
scirocco%20012edit.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

Looking great mate. Do you recommend the road? I can see us arranging a meet there if it comes recommended!
denmade

Post by denmade »

ashley1407 wrote:Do you recommend the road? I can see us arranging a meet there if it comes recommended!
Thanks m8. Absolutely recommend the road - 100%. Quite scary in parts though whilst gettin' to know the twists, turns & drops!

A meet would be fantastic there, HOWEVER... would have to be pretty discrete about setting it up...

National speed limit and no gatso but plenty of speed camera warning signs, the route is well known and driven by numerous other car clubs and they have seen the heddlu (welsh police) in horse boxes, behind tractors and on 'hidden bends' during peak times ie. bank holiday weekends etc.

Llyn Brenig (the lake) is a nice spot to refuel (not the cars :wink: )

Most of the guys & girls on here seem to be on scirocconet too - would be good to get a decent sized meet organised soon :driver: :flag:
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Love North Wales up until 2 months ago i spent most of my working day there 4 days a week for 2 years driving over from Sheffield. Used to love driving my Audi A3 DSG on the twisty bits i dont go over there much now and only had my Scirocco for 3 weeks and looking forward to getting over there again.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there