Stereo Volume!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
CTRnutter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Stereo Volume!

Post by CTRnutter »

Am i missing something here but my stereo is loud at 14!! but a lot of you guys are saying you listen to your stereos at 20 odd, is it because the the units in which the volume increases on the dynaudio cars is different?? (mine is non dynaudio) or do we have a few barry boys on here who are the type that drive with their stereos blaring out?? I mean jesus if I turned mine up to 20 my ears would probably start to bleed lol

Each to their own and all that but is it really necessary to drive around with music that loud it must be a big destraction not to mention how do you listen to the revs of the car etc or hear sirens from emergeny veichles or car horns from other road users????

Maybe I'm missing the point, or am old for my years and just a grumpy git lol :lol:
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Re: Stereo Volume!

Post by iAmbu »

CTRnutter wrote:...or hear sirens from emergeny vehicles
Trust me, as a Paramedic I can only assume that half the population of the UK have their music that loud, as so many people fail to see the big yellow ambulance I am driving towards them in!! Credit where credit is due, lots of people see me well in advance and pull over, but others get a dose of the air/bull horn to wake them up!

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread!....
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
shaunipoos
In: Shadow Blue
Options: vienna leather, folding mirrors, RCD510, parking sensors, flat tyre detectors, mats, and hopefully sills (fingers crossed)!!

Post by shaunipoos »

hey iambu im a paramedic to where bout u work dude? i have the same trouble no one seems to move out the way difference is im in a car?
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I don't have Dynaudio and I have it around 20-23 depending on the track. I'm always aware of things around me, I have to protect my Scirocco.
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

rehmondo wrote:I don't have Dynaudio and I have it around 20-23 depending on the track. I'm always aware of things around me, I have to protect my Scirocco.
I'm sorry my car must be a freak then, but there is no way in hell you would hear an emergency veichle at that volume!! Why do you need to listen to your music that loud? the standard speakers distort past 15!!! thats with a CD and not just crappy digital formatting on an Ipod, and dont get me on to the quality of the radio...

Perhaps my home setup has spoilt me but even then its not about deafening volume, but more on the side of clairity, I cant take car adudio seriously because it cant compare to a decent home stereo, but why that loud ???

Trust me I am not having a dig at anybody or you matey but be honest do you think people might think .... What a prat? thats the sort of volume I might expect from a spotty teen driving in his nova at southend sea front! I really though the Scirocco was for the mature audience! I'm 25 but perhaps it shoule read 55!!!

Ignore me I'm just a grumpy bollocks today ha ha I'm more about engine noise and awareness it seems
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
danwuk
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Post by danwuk »

i must agree, 20+ is crazy i have mine on about 13-14 at most and thats at speed on the motorway, normally around volume 8-10
iAmbu

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

shaunipoos wrote:hey iambu im a paramedic to where bout u work dude? i have the same trouble no one seems to move out the way difference is im in a car?
Hi dude, I work for the LAS, NW London, I see you're in Dudley? A mate of mine (a paramedic down here) is from Dudley.

I know what you mean about people not seeing the cars either, I was working on a car today
iAmbu
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

CTRnutter wrote:Why do you need to listen to your music that loud? the standard speakers distort past 15!!!
I like it at level 20, they don't distort on mine, I have an iPod connected and most of the tracks are encoded in high quality and my setup works really well, as I said I am aware of 999 services.

Lvl 15 somehow just doesn't sound the same, plus at that level I can hear the rattle from the wiper blades.

PS I really shouldn't have mentioned level 20 :cry:
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

rehmondo wrote:
CTRnutter wrote:Why do you need to listen to your music that loud? the standard speakers distort past 15!!!
I like it at level 20, they don't distort on mine, I have an iPod connected and most of the tracks are encoded in high quality and my setup works really well, as I said I am aware of 999 services.

Lvl 15 somehow just doesn't sound the same, plus at that level I can hear the rattle from the wiper blades.

PS I really shouldn't have mentioned the level 20 :cry:
lol i'm just bit of a grumpy git lol :grumpy: :D

my ipod is encoded at a high bit rate too but you can tell the difference between cd and ipod though, if you havent compared give it a shot you'll be surprised, as for radio you have dab and i dont but the drop is huge on mine!!

maybe us older guys are just worried about damaging our hearing lol ;)
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

CTRnutter wrote:as for radio you have dab and i dont but the drop is huge on mine!!

maybe us older guys are just worried about damaging our hearing lol ;)
There is a big difference between DAB and Radio but I'll be honest I must have used it once or twice, usually its just the iPod.

I find the CD changer is a bit fidly so I don't go near it plus all my CD's are from the late 90's

I'm 25, and believe me I cringe at the sight/sound of those nova's with the bass boxes in the boot blaring out loud, maybe I need to evaluate what 20 sounds like from outside the car, but honestly mate I don't think its too loud - is it possible my hearing is already damaged? lol
shaunipoos
In: Shadow Blue
Options: vienna leather, folding mirrors, RCD510, parking sensors, flat tyre detectors, mats, and hopefully sills (fingers crossed)!!

Post by shaunipoos »

yeah mate its cool on the cool though love it. tryin to get them to buy scirocco's as responders :D dont thihnk they will though lol. who u got down there from dudley thn mate>
NickO
Options: Truffle Leather, Panaromic Roof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, Boot Liner

Post by NickO »

Guys,

Just a thought (and it could very well be an incorrect one), what do you have your "Gala" senistivity set at? Apparently the higher it is the more the volume will increase inline with the cars speed. What I don't know is that if this will increase base numeric setting of the volume.

This may account for what is perceived in the difference in actual volume if one of you guys has the Gala set and the others do not.

Cheers
Nick
iAmbu

Post by iAmbu »

shaunipoos wrote:yeah mate its cool on the cool though love it. tryin to get them to buy scirocco's as responders :D dont thihnk they will though lol. who u got down there from dudley thn mate>
PM sent.
iAmbu
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

If you go to Setup, then select Media, there is an option called AUX Input level, mine is set to (1,5 V) if I change it to (0,3 V) it becomes extremely loud at 20, distorts after 15.

So its possible yours is set to (0,3 V) as well, so thats possibly why I can listen to mine at level 20.
jntaras
In: Viper Green
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

Does the scirocco has speed dependent volume?
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

It does have GALA which is speed dependant volume. :yes:
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

jntaras
In: Viper Green
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

I like this feature :clap: :clap: thanks guys!
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

CTRnutter, did you get a chance to check was your AUX Input level was set at?

FYI with regards to the GALA setting, I checked it this morning and I don't recall setting it, so it's still @ the factory default setting of 3rd notch in.

I might turn it off completely and see how the sound behaves as the GALA setting is what might cause the other issue I have with my stereo....

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =408#p3864
Last edited by rehmondo on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.