Induction / Exhaust noise

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Induction / Exhaust noise

Post by Chungster »

To those that have picked their's up and driven it, what do you think of the induction / exhaust noise?

I'm a bit shocked by it, in a good way. It's got a rather deep hum to it on idle. But my god does it go mad when u rev it! For the first time today I gave it some big pedal welly, 6k rpm, and bloody hell the noise is bonkers! :clap:

I'm almost thinking there's no need for induction kit / milltek. VW have definitely done something different to the exhaust system on this. My old GTI albeit in 200ps spec was never like this.

Me thinks I'm gonna love buzzing the redline on this car. :D
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Re: Induction / Exhaust noise

Post by Anakin »

If you do want it louder I'm sure just taking out the resonated bit and replacing it with a straight through pipe would be enough. If my R32 is anything to go by IMO the stock system sounded better than the Milltek I had.

If I ever want to tune it more than a Remap, Id get the turbo down pipe and hi flow cats and leave the rest stock.
Solar Orange TT RS
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Haha, told you ...its awesome!!! :D :D :D
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

starting to regret not opting for rear parking sensors / reversing camera tho! It's got one big arse this car! lol
spamdog
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

GTI2RocR wrote:starting to regret not opting for rear parking sensors / reversing camera tho! It's got one big arse this car! lol
Dont forget you can retro-fit, it just doesnt show up in the screen which to be honest is a nice gimmick but when your reversing your looking in your mirrors anyway so just listen for the beeps anyway!!!
PhilS

Post by PhilS »

im usually hanging out the door when im reversing, habit my old boy taught me, thought the trick flip up from teh badge reversing camera sounds sweet
blakest
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

GTI2RocR wrote:To those that have picked their's up and driven it, what do you think of the induction / exhaust noise?

I'm a bit shocked by it, in a good way. It's got a rather deep hum to it on idle. But my god does it go mad when u rev it! For the first time today I gave it some big pedal welly, 6k rpm, and bloody hell the noise is bonkers! :clap:

I'm almost thinking there's no need for induction kit / milltek. VW have definitely done something different to the exhaust system on this. My old GTI albeit in 200ps spec was never like this.

Good god the neighbours already think i'm having a mid life crisis :nod:
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

blakest wrote:
GTI2RocR wrote:To those that have picked their's up and driven it, what do you think of the induction / exhaust noise?

Good god the neighbours already think i'm having a mid life crisis :nod:
Haha, everyone says that to me aswell. And I thought I was getting a sensible boring car in place of the Lotus!
Had a cold snap the other morning and had to drive to the end of the road until it warmed up to clear the windscreen, it was the first morning with it and I was very aware how much noisier the R is and didn't want to annoy anyone!!!