Car has had its full detail!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
geordie562002
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Car has had its full detail!

Post by geordie562002 »

Hi, i eventually got round to getting my stuff from autoperfection and have now managed to get my car detailed. Steps i done to detail it:-

1. Pressure wash with snow foam
2. 2 Bucket method with gritguards and chemical guys shampoo
3. Rinse off with pressure washer
4. Clay with autoperfection clay kit
5. pressure wash again
6. Applied swissvax pre wax clener then 2 coats of swissvax glacier
7. Removed wheels and snowfoamed washed and clayed
8. Sealed with chemical guys wheel wax
9. Tyre dressing applied and wheels refitted

Last edited by trix on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image link fixed
blakest
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Re: Car has had its full detail!

Post by blakest »

Looks fantastic,luv the wheels i think i made the right choice in colour.
Dogzyboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Aluminium Pedals, Premium Sills, Luxury Mats, Chrome Tailpipes

Post by Dogzyboy »

Looking good! :yes:
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Looks nice and shiny, just one issue you need to get a dual exhasut for the rear of the rocco, it would look deadly :yes: ps like the r32 exhaust system on the gti :lol:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

Looks good.
Is the other Car a GTI with a R32 exhaust/rear Valence ?
Solar Orange TT RS
geordie562002
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

The other car is a TDI with the full R32 kit. And watch this space for dual exhaust may be something happening before you know it.
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

geordie562002 wrote:And watch this space for dual exhaust may be something happening before you know it.
That is good to hear :yes: i think with the dual exhaust your car will look bonkers :nod: :yummy: Have you thought of any design of how to place them (aka like abt or caractere or r-type or anything else...)?
Anyway here is a picture i have found on fb. I liked it but it didnt have any side skirts or front bumper like yours, so i think on yours they will look much better :nod: :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
BRISIO
With a: Manual box

Post by BRISIO »

Hi!
Great work on your Rocco...i love these rims.
It's my Rocco that in photos with duplex exhaust...;)
If you need some information ask!!

PS: Excuse me for my bad English
ayc1985
Options: Parking Sensors
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by ayc1985 »

How much is a full detail? I heard its not advisable to have afull detail unless your car is like a year old because they remove a thin layer of paint with the chemicals etc no?

Also to all White Roc Owners, I have those stupid tar marks on my car, how do I get rid of them (without using my finger!)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Acy1985

Geordie bought the products & detailed his car himself. in the grand scheme of paint thicknesses detailing removes next to nothing.

To remove tar marks go grab yourself some tar & adhesive remover (autoglym do a version)

S
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

trix wrote:Acy1985

Geordie bought the products & detailed his car himself. in the grand scheme of paint thicknesses detailing removes next to nothing.

To remove tar marks go grab yourself some tar & adhesive remover (autoglym do a version)

S
haha good on him :yes: , I'm lazy and have booked mine in for a new car detail when it arrives :) I'll clean/wax it my self between summer /winter details from him
Solar Orange TT RS
geordie562002

Post by geordie562002 »

Thanks for the comments guys, I cannot beleive how much grime and tar was on the car as i clayed it! The rear end was the worst and is spotless and lovely and smooth now next was just on the lower doors just behind the wheels. There doesnt seem to be anything sticking to it now since its had 2 coats of swissvax glacier, i would really reccomend this product.