Impressions 1 week after delivery

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Roc'n'roll
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, parking sensors

Impressions 1 week after delivery

Post by Roc'n'roll »

A week after delivery of my Salsa Red beauty, what do I think?
To tell the truth the day of delivery was a real disappointment. I'd arranged to pick up my new toy from Crewe VW at 9am last Wednesday. I turned up at 9, the dealer turned up at 10 past. Poor start. After some form filling he cleared off to have my purchase brought around but returned a few minutes later with a wry grin on his face; apparently the chap who applies the Life-Shine is such a perfectionist he likes to apply the treatment, leave it on overnight to "soak in", then remove it the next day before the final polish. Unfortunately, because it had been so cold during the night, the car was covered with condensation and they were unable to remove the polish. The car was under lamps drying out but it would be 2 hours before it would be ready; could I come back later? Fancy it being cold at night at this time of year. Idiots. :doh:
Anyway, I returned 2 hours later and the car looked great (pics in the gallery). But guess what? No mats, no iPod cable. None in stock either. Could I come back on Friday to collect them? No, bring them to my house you moron.
First impressions were coloured by experience at the dealers; I didn't like the smear the wipers left, I didn't like the plastic pedals, I didn't like the lack of cover on the cheap looking cup holders, I didn't like the cubby-hole by your right knee that feels if it is made from plastic recycled from some 1970s, made-in-Hong Kong crap toy.
After a week do these things bother me anymore?
Er, no.
I love the way it goes round corners, I love the noise it makes, I love the bit of performance I've experienced within the limits of running in, I love the way the bloke in the Merc CL slowed down to have a good look, nodded and smiled, I love the smell of the leather, I love the fact the smeary windscreen has sorted itself out, I love the fact that with a £25 8gb USB stick I can have access to a big chunk of my music library at the touch of a finger, I love the fact that my friends and colleagues are all green with envy, I love the fact that when I look at my Scirocco I can't help but smile.
After a week am I pleased with my purchase? Hell yes! (I just wish I hadn't bought it from Crewe VW)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Impressions 1 week after delivery

Post by wigit »

a true love story in the making :)

great write up and welcome, lots of us get what you mean

don't watch virgin1 now on freeview you may get ideas
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Roc'n'roll

Post by Roc'n'roll »

andy wrote:a true love story in the making :)

great write up and welcome, lots of us get what you mean

don't watch virgin1 now on freeview you may get ideas
Only in America!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

you had to sneak a peep didn't you and your reponse means i just have and wish i hadn't...
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

andy wrote:you had to sneak a peep didn't you and your reponse means i just have and wish i hadn't...
I couldn't find the remote quick enough to change channel!!
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
Roc'n'roll

Post by Roc'n'roll »

What would you do if you caught some weirdo gettin' frisky with your Roc? Do you think a penectomy without anaesthesia is too severe?
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I got mine from Crewe VW I drove from Scotland to pick it up, I dealt with Matt, guy was sound I had no quibbles with the service I received.

Got Cruise, Sills, Pedals fitted before I collected, mats and cables came free as standard - although he was sceptical about the free iPod cable until I asked him to look at the system.

I find it helps to call garages before hand to avoid disappointment, for example my car was due to get the wipers replaced last Saturday up here, before travelling for 30mins I decided I will give them a call as the last time I spoke was two weeks ago and they were going to order the wipers - turns out the wipers hadn't arrived just nobody bothered to tell me.

They should count their lucky stars that I called otherwise I would have been furious for travelling there only to find the parts still hadn't arrived.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

First impressions were coloured by experience at the dealers; I didn't like the smear the wipers left, I didn't like the plastic pedals, I didn't like the lack of cover on the cheap looking cup holders, I didn't like the cubby-hole by your right knee that feels if it is made from plastic recycled from some 1970s, made-in-Hong Kong crap toy.
After a week do these things bother me anymore?
The smear! can return, best way to get rid is ignition on push the wiper stalk down twice (puts the wipers up so they can be cleaned) wipe the glass with turps, and wash the wiper blades using fairy (jobs a goodun)!

Plastic pedals are naff and I can ask my mate (parts manager for audi) if he can do you a little deal, I got a set of alu pedals for £60 and it takes litteraly 15 mins to fit if that.

As for cup holders look here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=2&t=370

The cubby hole, I cant say I use it but I understand what you mean, depending on what I do with the car, I might build it up and install a boost guage, oil pressure, EGT in there, but to be honest I will probably just ignore it as I dont want the car to look naff :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
danwuk
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Post by danwuk »

The dealer experience makes all the difference and the sales man too . I got lucky i think, the young guy originally dealing with my purchase was made redunudant, and my custom was then looked after by a more senior sales person who was very good. So on the whole so far i have been pleased with them, and they are about 200 yards away from where i work.
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

matt is great to deal with in crewe, shame you had problems, im guessing you had delt with someone else. 10 minutes is a bit picky isnt it, we have all been late for work.
count yourself lucky, you have your scirocco, ive been waiting 4 months, only 2 more to go :roll:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!